It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots woman in head after road rage incident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: projectvxn

Not to mention a high percentage are illegal gun owners, and aren't covered by the 2nd.

The 2nd doesn't say anything about felons. It simply says that the right shall not be infringed.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The right to defend oneself with a firearm is not synonymous with murder.

I wish people would stop evoking the second amendment every time someone commits a crime with a gun.

Exactly. I, too, am tired of this and it has nothing to do with the act of violence other than it was the weapon used. Here is an example of another recent road rage incident where no gun was used and yet multiple people were injured.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Truly amazing that the motorcyclist managed to get away.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If I were the guy filming I would have followed that guy and called the police. I couldn't find anything anywhere if he was apprehended later or not. I would think the dash cam video had a higher resolution to see his license plate versus what was posted on YT.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

Well here's something you don't see everyday.

David Andrew Desper surrendered to authorities on Sunday, accompanied by a lawyer, and was charged with first-degree murder.

Bianca Roberson, 18, sustained a fatal gunshot to the head in the attack.

The suspect is also charged with third-degree murder, possessing an instrument of crime and and reckless endangering.

Gunfire rang out last Wednesday during evening rush hour as Mr Desper's red Chevrolet truck attempted to merge on to a lane in Chester County at the same time as Ms Roberson's car, say officials.

Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said: "They jockeyed for position and he wasn't happy so he pulled out a gun and shot Bianca in the head, killing her instantly."

Ms Roberson's car careened off the road and landed in a ditch, while the gunman's car escaped "at a high rate of speed", according to court documents.

What a senseless murder. The guy is clearly a cold-blooded psycho and deserves to be locked up for the rest of his life. I know the 2nd amendment is a heavy issue in America, but being that I'm from Canada, I've never owned a gun, nor will I ever have the need to, but I totally understand the right to bear arms and being able to protect yourself. I am of the firm belief that guns don't kill people, but it's people that kill people. The psychopath above legally owned the gun that he used, but in my opinion that is not the reason he shot the poor girl. This scum bag is clearly not right in the head and would've killed again if he had the chance.

What a tragedy.. and sorry if you feel like I'm making this political, because I really have no agenda. I just wanted to share my perspective from the outside.

All because she wouldn't let him merge in. Sad really. Hope he gets one of those botched executions you hear about every now and then.

I have plenty of guns, but never would I pull one in a fit of rage over driving. That's simply a middle finger and some yelling.

Maybe he thought she was trying to kill him by refusing to let him merge. She was probably thinking she wasn't going to let some man get ahead of her. There are Youtube of videos of van and truck drivers being jerks and refusing to give someone space in order to let them merge.

He could simply have noted down her car plate number and filed a complaint.

It could also have been that one or the other was trying to accommodate but kept either slowing or speeding up at the wrong time. That frequently happens to me. I misread what the other car is attempting to do so I end up slowing or speeding up at the same time they do, not because I'm being a jerk but because we are simply misreading each other.

She could have been trying like crazy to just get out of his way.

(post by Therisnospoon removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
At least no one has injected race into this yet.
No wait.... apparently someone did, though I don't understand it.

Because of the White perp/Black victim it's a reason for BLM to come out front and center once again.
Nothing really I can add to saying what a tragic and senseless act this was.
I'm just hoping it doesn't turn in to fodder for race politics .

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Link

Well here's something you don't see everyday.

David Andrew Desper surrendered to authorities on Sunday, accompanied by a lawyer, and was charged with first-degree murder.

Bianca Roberson, 18, sustained a fatal gunshot to the head in the attack.

The suspect is also charged with third-degree murder, possessing an instrument of crime and and reckless endangering.

Gunfire rang out last Wednesday during evening rush hour as Mr Desper's red Chevrolet truck attempted to merge on to a lane in Chester County at the same time as Ms Roberson's car, say officials.

Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan said: "They jockeyed for position and he wasn't happy so he pulled out a gun and shot Bianca in the head, killing her instantly."

Ms Roberson's car careened off the road and landed in a ditch, while the gunman's car escaped "at a high rate of speed", according to court documents.

What a senseless murder. The guy is clearly a cold-blooded psycho and deserves to be locked up for the rest of his life. I know the 2nd amendment is a heavy issue in America, but being that I'm from Canada, I've never owned a gun, nor will I ever have the need to, but I totally understand the right to bear arms and being able to protect yourself. I am of the firm belief that guns don't kill people, but it's people that kill people. The psychopath above legally owned the gun that he used, but in my opinion that is not the reason he shot the poor girl. This scum bag is clearly not right in the head and would've killed again if he had the chance.

What a tragedy.. and sorry if you feel like I'm making this political, because I really have no agenda. I just wanted to share my perspective from the outside.

Way beyond messed up.

Months back I saw what looked like a clean cut middle age family man in a truck with kids in the king cab back seat get cut off by another in a Wal-Mart parking lot. The cut off wasn't dramatic; very slow speeds. Female driver. His window was down, he scowled and made a gun out of his fingers, stuck his arm way out and pointed it at her car and pretended to shoot her. The whole scene was just so "off "

Another time years back another driver was accidentally cut off and took it personally then cut them off, when that driver came to a red light the driver, a female, put her entire torso out the window, turned to the vehicle which was now behind her, and started screaming and cussing: eyes bulging out of head, arms waving crazily, flipping the bird. Other driver just sat looking forward with no expression, said nothing. Good on them. Had this wonan done this to someone who was at their boiling point too, she may not have lived. Had the person being screamed at, screamed back, they may not have lived. Who knows?

All were Caucasian appearing for those profiling.

Bottom line is treat every aggressive driver as if they are a ticking time bomb. Let them in. Act submissive when you drive. Be super polite. Avoid conflict. Both male and female drivers are prone to road rage. Don't feed into them. Don't worry about your ego, pride, nothing. Just lay low and be safe. Get to where you need to be; which is certainly not a grave.

edit on 3-7-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Bottom line is treat every aggressive driver as if they are a ticking time bomb. Let them in. Act submissive when you drive. Be super polite. Avoid conflict. Both male and female drivers are prone to road rage. Don't feed into them. Don't worry about your ego, pride, nothing. Just lay low and be safe. Get to where you need to be; which is certainly not a grave.

Good point and reminder. For my advice, if someone is going to tail gate just because they want to go faster(and am in the correct lane and doing the correct speed) and a few taps on the break don't help in a non passing area, I will pull over as soon as able to and let them pass instead speeding up for them. If not guess who will get the ticket for breaking the law, likely won't be them, and they will get away with tailgating on top of that. As well as won't give them a chance to act out.

I assume similarly with "jockeying for a position", if they are in dire enough need to go, let them, and as described by the prior reply.

Life is to precious to die over something so trivial of a person being angry for what ever reason, don't give them the benefit because they can and will go off, you just never know.

RIP and regards.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Such a shame when you have to kill someone just because your ego is too far up your ass to be a little more patient.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

As I recall he was identified.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
People suck at driving, and then when they F# up, they try and blame you. I have a bit of road rage myself, mainly because I'm driving a truck and pulling a trailer everyday(not semi) and people don't give a # about the rules of the road, or they don't give a # about focusing on the road.

I'd never go as far as killing somebody over it, but I've exchanged words before, and I've shot them with the middle finger. When you are on the road a lot, you get to know your fellow man quite well... and most of them are clueless.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Horrific.Poor young girl having her life stolen by this POS,i'm the mom of two young ladies and this just breaks my heart.F*cking apalling and just horrific

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
While the psychos don't need guns to harm people, it is usually their first choice as it is usually the first choice for the law abiding.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I drive safely... follow the speed limit, etc. A few times when I didn't do anything wrong I have had people give me the finger.

I am also a crossing guard and you would not beleive the amount of times I have been flipped off and yelled at for making people wait while crossing kids.

One time a driver flipped me off and yelled never stopping for the stop sign.(Luckily the kids were pretty much across the street almost on the side walk. Next thing I know is police lights and a siren goes off and an undercover turns around and pulled that guy over. I heard the police officer basically talking very loudly that he ran the stop sign, almost hit me(which he was close, if I would have went back towards him after the kids were fully on the sidewalk he would have, bt I had a child who needed to cross the side street so I didn't) and I heard the officer say he disrespectd a community servant(I am employed through the PD department), and he would be getting a fine for runnig the stop sign. It's almost $300 for running through a crossing guards stop sign. I wonder how many people I pissed off... but not a lot of people run through my stop sign anymore either.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Friend bit of advice... never ever consider driving in Italy..

If you do not drive like a maniac you will never get anywhere... unless you happen to be driving during that 2 hours or so a day when not many people are on the road.

On topic...

The guy needs to go away for a long time... there is no excuse to ever do something like this... do not cut a deal to gain a guilty plea put him down hard.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Good point and reminder. For my advice, if someone is going to tail gate just because they want to go faster(and am in the correct lane and doing the correct speed) and a few taps on the break don't help in a non passing area, I will pull over as soon as able to and let them pass instead speeding up for them. If not guess who will get the ticket for breaking the law, likely won't be them, and they will get away with tailgating on top of that. As well as won't give them a chance to act out.

I assume similarly with "jockeying for a position", if they are in dire enough need to go, let them, and as described by the prior reply.

Life is to precious to die over something so trivial of a person being angry for what ever reason, don't give them the benefit because they can and will go off, you just never know.

RIP and regards.

My college friend has a similar story. He was driving home on a dual carriageway (two lanes + hard shoulder, no junctions, sort of a mini freeway for five miles). It was night-time, cold and foggy as a sauna, so even though the road was clear, he wasn't going to go speeding anywhere and was staying in the slow lane. Out of nowhere a car comes right up behind up him and tailgates him, beeping horns and flashing lights. Well he isn't going to accelerate and this clown doesn't move into the fast lane even though it is clear. This continues for several minutes. Then the driver takes the hint, overtakes and shoots off in fifth gear. Half mile down the road, the car has hit black ice, crashed into a streetlight head on.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A beautiful young girl lost her life to a stupid man in a pointless exchange.

There is no excuse.

End him.

YEah this dude. he was legaslly carrying and knew what he was doing. no no trial necessary. just one in the dome and done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join