It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Trump Lie?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

That was a broken business venture. Nobody opens a failed business with the intent of it failing. If you opened an ice cream shop tomorrow and said "I'm going to sell 10,000 scoops a month!" then two years later only had 10 people a month darken the shop's door, are you a liar or are you the owner of a struggling business?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I couldn't decide...
A) As a Distraction
B) As Rhetoric
C) Misunderstanding
D) Something Malicious
E) Ignorance
F) ... No F's to be given.
G) Tourette's
H) His Culture
I) Mental Illness
J) Feeling out the current climate
K) Stuff is Too Insignificant to Care
L) Cause his kids can hear him
M) He misspeaks
N) Aliens
O) Following MSM's lead
P) He Doesn't
Q) Trolling
R) Secret Code
S) Entertainment
T) Devil's advocacy
U) You, alright?! He learned it by watching you!
V) The Russians
W) You wouldn't understand
X) All of the Above
Y) None of the above
Z) Combination of stuff
Other_____________________

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Everyone lies. What makes the difference is if the lie was made intentionally to deceive or not.

For instance, Trump mistaking how many times he was on the TIME magazine cover, may just have been a mistake. Most people on the left don't believe he's that smart to begin with, so chances are he'll make more mistakes.
While Obama, Hillary, the DNC in general & the MSM have been caught red handed in collusions of multiple lies with no other intention but to deceive the public.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Trump lies......

All of whch paints to a wannabe
erzatz King or monarch in the making

Funny you should say that, I did a thread last year, comparing him to the Bavarian 'Swan King' Ludwig II of Bavaria, in the thread title though Ludwig was in fact a king in a dying kingdom, and built those fantasy castles...er not walls, such a strange guy, some people there wanted Ludwig declared insane..hrrrph!

However, there are some differences, Ludwig mostly used his own money to create his fantasies, (he may have filched a bob or two from friends) and was a pretty solid promoter of the arts and culture...no, not divisive, 'Your Fired' TV shows of course, but real culture for his people, whereas Donald is bad at putting his hand in his pocket for pretty much anything, and doesn't really give much of a shiite for bare anyone other than himself.
However, most important, I'm not sure that Ludwig had any propensity to lie, or even to lie, and be caught out in a lie, and just carry on as if, like Donald has, but even more important, I have yet to see anyone say to Donald to his face...Oi! you just lied to me...such is the culture of today's media.
Thing is, had I lied to my mum or dad, there would a penalty to pay, while this fecker is given so much leeway, anyone know the reason for that? No court in the country would try a known liar...'cos you shudda known better! that's the law.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: smurfy

That was a broken business venture. Nobody opens a failed business with the intent of it failing. If you opened an ice cream shop tomorrow and said "I'm going to sell 10,000 scoops a month!" then two years later only had 10 people a month darken the shop's door, are you a liar or are you the owner of a struggling business?

What do you know about it, what do you know about all the other lies he told..it took you long enough to reply with just about nothing...and, the place is still there, and open..so let's not talk the sillies. Trump messed with the wrong people pure and simple, they are not so easy 'catched'
edit on 3-7-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Why does Trump Lie?

Why do folks keep opening the same inane threads over and over ?
Re - Freakin - Diculous

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
it took you long enough to reply with just about nothing...

Sorry, I didn't realize I was being timed or I'd have stayed hovered over my keyboard awaiting your post to me...

I know only that it was a broken business venture and nobody opens a failed business with the intent of it failing, as I clearly stated above. What is your business acumen?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Yeah, bull#. If you believe that, you have more faith in "leaders" than I could ever muster. I have a word for it. Naivete... No offense, but I calls em as I sees em.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why do folks keep opening the same inane threads over and over ? Re - Freakin - Diculous

Russians...right wing conspiracy, investigate Trump, dont investigate voter fraud, .....hateful racist rapist, Hitler....Russians

edit on 7 3 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Personally, I find it hard to believe that any ‘sane’ human being would believe that Trump tells the truth or, even that he makes any attempt to at least speak the truth publicly.

Trump was voted in because people saw through the lies of the left. They didn't choose HIM they chose NOT HER, and the system she represented which is just not working. (Neither candidate would tell the truth all the time anyways, surely you don't think Clinton has never uttered a political lie?)

edit on 3-7-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Meaning they want to believe it regardless of evidence to the contrary...?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yourmomsentme
President Trump is a narcist, perhaps racist, definitely a jackass. He is not a liar. If he lied I want to see the quote, date and time when he lied.

Hey - read the reference. They have a list of specific lies - and the verifying data to back them up.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Perhaps you are right...

Then Why does Trump LIE SO MUCH/OFTEN?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
'cause he doesn't have a clue how to like even president n stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

" subjective inconveniences?" That's good - - -

No Ojective reality. but....

Well done ... you read the article and justified 5 lies out of, say, 50.

But thank you for doing your homework - I agree with some of your statements but don't believe it's an accurate motivation for his pattern of behavior.

What Trump believes is not fact and should not be presented to the public as fact. He may believe that global warming is a hoax, that 3 million people voted fraudulently in the 2016 general election and other things - but the majority (which is different then 'the loudest') believe otherwise and have reproducible proof on their side.

THat's mostly what the question is about - why do people think that anything Trump says is dependable? Why do you bother to 'apologize' for him, excuse him and justify him?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Why does Trump Lie?

Being extremely careless without intent is not lying - the US government has made this much perfectly clear.

Another great euphemism "extremely careless without intent".

Rather like manslaughter rather then murder ... but then 'extrememly careless' also constitutes gross negligence.

So we don't have a LIER in chief - we have commander in chief that commits 'gross negligence' on a daily basis.

That's reassuring.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
Everyone lies. What makes the difference is if the lie was made intentionally to deceive or not.

For instance, Trump mistaking how many times he was on the TIME magazine cover, may just have been a mistake. Most people on the left don't believe he's that smart to begin with, so chances are he'll make more mistakes.
While Obama, Hillary, the DNC in general & the MSM have been caught red handed in collusions of multiple lies with no other intention but to deceive the public.

I disagree that the importance is on 'intent' with a lie. If you truly believe something that is a factual lie - you are stilling telling a lie. Regardless of your intent, your action (telling a lie) is still harmful to others.

In law, there are very few crimes that require intent; most are judged on the action taken regardless of intent.

An example. A women is violently raped and reports the rape promptly and a rape kit recovers a single source DNA that points to a suspect. The suspect is questioned agrees that he had sex with the women but it wasn't raped. He agrees to a polygraph which he passes. Upon further questioning the suspect tells the police the details of the encounter, he talks about how the women said no but that all women say no, he tells how she fights him, but women like it a bit rough - she was just encouraging him, and so forth. The man, in fact raped the women - but didn't know what rape was - ignorance at play.

So by your logic this hypothetical rapist did nothing wrong because his intent, his mistaken understanding of REALITY, was only to sex with a women committed no crime. The woman was harmed, seriously and the man guilty of rape.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If a woman is raped & there is evidence of her being raped, like bruises, & the DNA discovered points to a perpetrator, it's irrelevant if the rapist lied or not. The evidence points to him being guilty & he will be locked up, unless he's a Muslim in some areas of the US & Europe. Only leftist judges will let him go because he doesn't know what rape is. In some areas of the middle East if a woman is walking unaccompanied, then one is allowed to rape her. Then the rape victim gets charged for rape afterwards for tempting the man. Your analogy is correct in some parts of the world but only when using statist (liberal) logic. In other words, one's testimony is not the only thing taken into consideration when determining if someone is guilty or not. Evidence is also needed. Intent does play a major role though.
edit on 4-7-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The reasons I think are many.

But I believe they boil down to one simple origin, which over arcs every other motivation he has, for saying the things he says, and doing the things he does. He is a conman.

Put another way, he has spent his entire adult life lying, misinforming, and propagandising his way through his time on Earth, to varying degrees of success (to whit, a successful businessman would never have been in as much personal debt as he has been, and no, that he got out of that debt does not mean a damn thing to me, because he did it by lying, not by being genuinely good at anything remotely noble or useful).

He knows that he simply cannot get what he wants any other way, because he has not the wit to actually formulate good product ideas. But he HAS got the brass neck to feed a whole host of people a line of utter bunkum, and have them buy it, despite the fact that time and time again, the man has been proven to be talking out of his backside, whether he happens to be talking about current affairs, his personal net worth, his bank balance, his assets, or the quality of a project he is endorsing, the likelihood of that project working out for him.

He displays the quintessential working man, a guy who is always hard at work, but you will note that his great "success" (which, as previously discussed, is actually non-existent when you consider he has spent more than he ever earned to get it), has not come from hard work. The reality is that he has only really made money by lying, and by having had from the start, enough money to spread his bets, to gamble on a win. He is not a good businessman. Good businessmen do NOT gamble, they stack the hell out of the deck first, by coming up with products that people want, out of their own time and brain power, and marketing them. They do not simply find themselves with a million dollars to start out with, and invest in everything they can think of, praying that one of their ships will come in. This is literally what he did, all he has EVER done. Oh, sure, he has a construction background, in the same way that I went to Eton and drive a halfwood Morgan. The man has never worked a solid, ground level job in his life, and would have died if he had tried, even at his fittest.

He has done with lies, slander, deflection and a total lack of moral grounding, what people like Elon Musk did with a razor sharp intellect, good spirits, a sense of obligation to the world that birthed him, and the determination to see possibility become reality. He is, in short, incapable of doing anything but lying, because at some stage, he was allowed to get away with it, to his great relief, and rather than learn to be a better man, he simply used his ability to BS the witless into parting with their money, until he became such an edifice of pure horse crap, that no one could challenge his BS without encountering a lawyer.

The man is dirt, and I hope that he leaves this world screaming in agony.
edit on 4-7-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The real question is not why Trump lies but…

Why he lies so much!

Also why people support him despite his blatant lies

People support him despite his blatant lies, just as people supported Hillary despite her blatant lies such as claiming to come under sniper fire on an airport tarmac or being named after Sir Edmund Hillary. People will hitch their horse to whatever wagon they choose, no matter what.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join