It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Journalists Cry Wolf

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: redtic
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Again, I'm really interested to see an example of what you would consider good reporting on this subject. Can you provide one?

You said those articles were good reporting. Again, by what standard are they good reporting?

That was more an opinion than an evaluation. So I guess technically, it's my standard. I'm neither a writer or a journalist, so I wouldn't thrust my standards upon anyone else in this area. But you seem to be learned in the subject, so I am anxious to see what you consider "good reporting" on this.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

So if access won't help them what will?

Because I'm always seeing people rip left-leaning media for their inaccuracies.

FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS!

So I'll ask again, what's to help MSN on both sides of the aisle?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Well, he was trolling for giggles.

I haven't read up on it much but it seems the kid was scared about anti-Semitic posts being linked to his personal life.

I don't advocate naming and shaming, especially threats from a MSN outlet.

At the same time though I don't advocate racism and bigotry, it seems that those that do suddenly don't anymore once the # and giggles land upon their door.

I sound like a right depressing crap don't I?

But I'm one of those whom seldom mock online, I'd rather do it to your face... You can assess the backlash more.

I'll state again, CNN is clearly in the wrong. From what I gather, they insinuated that they'd release this kids private details.

It shouldn't happen, at all. To me it seems like CNN fought fire with fire, if that's the case I'll offer no sympathy for their burns.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Even so it is

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

That was more an opinion than an evaluation. So I guess technically, it's my standard. I'm neither a writer or a journalist, so I wouldn't thrust my standards upon anyone else in this area. But you seem to be learned in the subject, so I am anxious to see what you consider "good reporting" on this.

As I stated earlier, "good reporting" adheres to accepted journalistic standards, or even their own standards as they've been laid out.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

So if access won't help them what will?

Because I'm always seeing people rip left-leaning media for their inaccuracies.

FAKE NEWS, FAKE NEWS!

So I'll ask again, what's to help MSN on both sides of the aisle?

Adhering to journalistic standards.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

One can hope eh?

Both sides are as bad as each other though, people love to be selective about standards in journalism, especially the right here at ATS.

Disclaimer: I dislike equally the left and right narrative when it comes to US media.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

As William Binney, formerly of the NSA, pointed out early on, the DNC was not hacked, it was leaked. Time went on to prove he was correct, though TPTB would rather people believe like you do, that it was hacked. It wasn't. It was leaked, an important difference.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I fully agree. Except left leaning news is far greater in scope and influence.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here is a great vid for all those butthurt "journalists".

[yvid]

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

As William Binney, formerly of the NSA, pointed out early on, the DNC was not hacked, it was leaked. Time went on to prove he was correct, though TPTB would rather people believe like you do, that it was hacked. It wasn't. It was leaked, an important difference.

I wasn't aware of that, so I went on a search and found the full text of the joint memo he and some colleagues signed.

It's very interesting, and clearly they know what they're talking about. But (and this is a reasonable-sized 'but') they are basing their entire argument on the fact that intel spokesmen have been vague about their sources and methods. I'm not sure that stands up to scrutiny. Then again, I am no-one important, and not an expert either.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As I stated earlier, "good reporting" adheres to accepted journalistic standards, or even their own standards as they've been laid out.

Yes, yes, understood. I'm asking for an example of reporting on this topic that adheres to "accepted journalistic standards", in your opinion.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Yes, yes, understood. I'm asking for an example of reporting on this topic that adheres to "accepted journalistic standards", in your opinion.

I refuse to do your job for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

On top of CNN targeting an individual because they didn't like what that individual created; it would seem as though they got the wrong person.

So this time it looks like they can't put their foot in their mouth because they shot it clean off.

Thread linked aboce has since been binned.

edit on 5-7-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: Thread trashed

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Umm, ok. I'm not sure how you giving your opinion is my job, but whatever.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

Umm, ok. I'm not sure how you giving your opinion is my job, but whatever.

You were asking for an example of reporting that adheres to accepted journalistic standards. How is finding an example of something for you "giving my opinion"?

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Your honesty is most refreshing. I'm no expert by a long shot, but these days I give high significance to the statements of whistleblowers.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join