It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Journalists Cry Wolf

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Sublimecraft

'Trump and Russia collude to interfere in US elections'.

No MSM outlet has claimed such. There are several investigations underway on collusion. They are newsworthy.

Are they fair? Are they accurate? Are they informative?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

1 key ingredient is required in order for fascist propaganda to be successful - the citizens should not have access to any non-government sanctioned information which is contrary to government propaganda,

Your statement reminded me of this little bit of lying BS from CNN

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No MSM outlet has claimed such.

Yes they have.

Newsweek

Business insider

Business Insider (Australia Edition)

NY Magazine

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The ones I read seem to just report what sources contacted them about. I don't ever see anything like "this obviously proves Trump colluded with Russia".

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Yes they have.

Newsweek

Business insider

NY Magazine

Which of those claims that Trump colluded with Russia?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

In several ways you are correct and it's a symptom of Capitalism. Money, ads. Too often, like with this tweet, we hear about it at the top of every hour. It was childish but it was two days ago. I'm tired of reading about it. I'm also tired of a President with the temperament of a toddler. I wish there was more talk about policy but that seems to qualify as fake news as well. I'm not sure why. Probably because they are massively unpopular.

I would love to actually even read about policy though, I am sure you realise that the reason we don't isn't because there is nothing to report, but that there are far juicier stories to sell.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There are plenty of articles on health care and the travel ban. There's also articles about all the repeals of Obama policies... which is where our responsibility comes in. The money goes where we click.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

a reply to: Lab4Us

The dossier was always reported as iffy. There was no major outlet that I can recall claiming that Comey would testify that Trump was under sole investigation.

But from an honest press, if iffy, why report it? There used to be a policy that a story had to be thoroughly vetted before being published/reported. Seems that is no longer the case and would be another big thing that would go a long way in fixing the problem.

Whether it gets verified or not, it's existence alone is news. It's either real which is a bomb shell or it's fake and a British spy was working to derail the GOP nominee at someone's behest.

And here is where we part ways...it was obviously an attempt by MSM to discredit POTUS and plant “seeds of doubt” in the public mind (which apparently worked). Again, real journalists wouldn’t take a one source report (especially when that source is in hiding for unknown reasons (if that part was even true)), and potentially ruin someone’s life with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Bickering is NOT debate!!!!!
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Now that the Russia collusion theme is over and nothing could be found, you'll find that no one ever said that Russia colluded with Trump.

Hell, people will deny that they ever said such things.

Now we have proof that the media colluded with Hillary to affect the outcome of the election, but you'll never hear anything about that.

The truth is nothing more than a Gordian Knot that the willing accomplices continue to tie while some of us continue to unravel.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

In several ways you are correct and it's a symptom of Capitalism. Money, ads. Too often, like with this tweet, we hear about it at the top of every hour. It was childish but it was two days ago. I'm tired of reading about it. I'm also tired of a President with the temperament of a toddler. I wish there was more talk about policy but that seems to qualify as fake news as well. I'm not sure why. Probably because they are massively unpopular.

I would love to actually even read about policy though, I am sure you realise that the reason we don't isn't because there is nothing to report, but that there are far juicier stories to sell.

...and because MSM (the current version) will NEVER give POTUS credit for the positive things he accomplishes.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You should read the wiki on it. The whole story around it is fascinating.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Yes they have.

Newsweek

Business insider

NY Magazine

Which of those claims that Trump colluded with Russia?

all of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The investigations are over?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Not even once...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

There are plenty of articles on health care and the travel ban. There's also articles about all the repeals of Obama policies... which is where our responsibility comes in. The money goes where we click.

So in a clearly divided and obviously rhetoric driven time in history, the media decides to throw as much possible wood on the fire as it can. Inventing wood in fact, as if wood were a previously unknown substance. For what exactly?

No mention of anything positive at all...nothing.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Jonjonj because: Spells

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Not even once...

Wrong - every time.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

1 key ingredient is required in order for fascist propaganda to be successful - the citizens should not have access to any non-government sanctioned information which is contrary to government propaganda,

Your statement reminded me of this little bit of lying BS from CNN

The really interesting thing about that little video is something that isn't even being discussed.

1) The CNN anchor in that clip is one Christopher Cuomo.
2) He is the son of one former governor of New York City (Mario, a Democrat), and
3) the brother of the current governor of New York City (Andrew, also a Democrat).
4) Andrew Cuomo served in the cabinet of (Democrat) President Bill Clinton, between 1993 and 2001.
5) And Bill is married to the former (Democrat) Senator for New York City.

Make of that what you will.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Everyone seemed pretty pleased with his trip and speech in the ME. I even did a thread praising it and I hate the guy. Too bad he pooped all over Europe right after.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Quote it then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join