It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hijacked American Presidency

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Well, that's pretty demeaning isn't it? Essentially what the writer has done here is scream like a child about the president using "intelligent" words.

I tell you this though, if any would-be writer wants to cut his teeth in journalism, now is the time. Get in while the going's good kids!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Can anyone break down for everyone how Trump is or would be any worse than any other as usual Ruling Establishment puppet, and do it without resorting to raw personal emotional impressions?

Be sure to be honest with yourself regarding Obama or Bush before drawing the comparisons.

Thanks!

First response:

It is precisely because he is Not the "usual Ruling Establishment puppet" that he is ill-equipped to perform in his position. He lacks the support of the so-called elite because, aside from being a billionaire (well, at least until we can confirm otherwise upon his release of his tax return!), he does not come from their tight circle; he's an outsider.

And yes, that's what many found appealing.

But being an outsider means that you are considered alien to both sides of the existing regime, with no native allies and many potential opponents.

Just look how successfully 45 has melded his own party against the dreaded ACA; oh, wait, he still hasn't.

Another concern is that when you're out on your own in deep, unfamiliar waters (and make no mistake, no matter how successful you might have been in "business", Government is not the same!) you are very susceptible to the "helpful" lines others are willing to throw you.

Problem is, you soon find many of those lines are tied to big heavy anchors, bags of cement, and/ or hungry sharks.

Trump cannot "change the game" simply because he is not part of the game.

But it will be all too easy to be "gamed" by the system because he doesn't respect the power of the rules he's agreed to play by when he took the oath.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This is just a bunch of racism from people who can't tolerate a strong white man in the Oval Office. Or at least that's what it would have been 8 years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That is the Opinion page the article comes from. I know people who have all sorts of screwed up opinions. That does not have to have any facts to back it up because it is all opinion and that is stated

It is just someone ranting about his beliefs.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Hijacked American Presidency

'Hijacked' is the wrong word - 'retaken' would be more apt. Hijacked insinuates that a terrorist has taken control to harm citizens but in this instance Trump ain't a terrorist - he's a citizen retaking what was stolen from the American people.

So, based on that, this hit piece from the makers of the DNC and media establishment is a laughable example of pathetic propaganda - the writer of the article is so-far-removed from the reality of why Trump won that he clearly thinks the contents of his article has merit instead of being seen as the lying rantings of an agent of deception that it actually is.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
More crazy orwellian double speak from the unhinged neolibs.

Trump is the exact opposite of the oligarchy.

The Trump family has never held political power.

The real oligarchy despises him and always have.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Or hes part of the cure, depends how you look at it. He's doing the stuff that he said he would do while campaigning, which Bush and Obama both didn't do.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
We are going 8 years. Calling it now.

Too early, way too early.
I know that the fringe is becoming louder and more unhinged, but there is movement as of late for moderates from both sides to start talking and listening. Its currently a undercurrent now, but it is growing..these things are growing. No more Trump, nor Hillarys. Who knows, there might be a viable 3rd party come 2020 that is both strong and caring, One that finds budget first, but also will find a way to make a solid viable safety net without it being sweeping, etc....If elections were in 18, I would say it will be another Trump year because the left is still being absurd, but I think by 20, the voice of reason will win out and the fringe sides will be edged out of relevance.

I am an optimist.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: Kali74

Or hes part of the cure, depends how you look at it. He's doing the stuff that he said he would do while campaigning, which Bush and Obama both didn't do.

I am pretty sure Trumps only real goal is to undo everything Obama did regardless of if it is helping or hurting the nation..no real rhyme or reason beyond just that.
Stands to reason Obama wouldn't really be trying to do that...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It's the same with every presidency, # Obama didn't stop blaming bush until his second term
edit on 3-7-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hillary was such a flawed candidate for so many reasons. Not showing her face in a town hall setting for almost 250 days. Not campaigning in states she thought were a lock. Her shenanigans with the DNC in cahoots with DWS and Brazille.

I mean come on... no wonder people came out of the hills, plains and forests to vote for Trump.

But it's the Russians?? Pfffft... right! I ain't buying no bridge.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22420617]HoldMyBeer[/post

What is this? A pump page for Chaz Blow? And your concurrence? Blow talks like a mad person very cheep shot sort of muck dragger 3rd rate propagandist at that. This thing needs to go trashy by by.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just saying, if you double down it will be worse.

Some people still want HRC to run again. Its funny.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How about, "The Hijacked American Government/Constitution"? The system worked! We got a political novice for Pres. But we didn't get a queen. Thank God! The system worked! Our founding fathers, knew what they were doing. The E.C. was a stroke of genius! Lord knows what a "democratic" vote would bring if ever given to a prison population.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Charles M. Blow'spect brain has been hijacked. And I don't say that flippantly, I mean it.

NYT had been hijacked, as well, but that's nothing new.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Just saying, if you double down it will be worse.

Some people still want HRC to run again. Its funny.

Yeah, about that: I think they mean RUN.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
Hillary was such a flawed candidate for so many reasons. Not showing her face in a town hall setting for almost 250 days. Not campaigning in states she thought were a lock. Her shenanigans with the DNC in cahoots with DWS and Brazille.

I mean come on... no wonder people came out of the hills, plains and forests to vote for Trump.

But it's the Russians?? Pfffft... right! I ain't buying no bridge.

It wasn’t because they thought it was a lock. To the Dems, we in the flyover states between NYC/DC and the West coast are of absolutely no use. Until the Dems realize there are other Americans in this Country, they will never make inroads into regaining support from those people...the very same people who used to be the heart of the Democrat party until the left no longer thought they were relevant.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I can't argue that either.

Since 1992 the Dems held Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Hillary lost all three.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Trump is doing just about everything he promised to do and against amazing odds. He's a legend.

Because Hillary is in prison, we're no longer funding known exporters of terrorists, the federal reserve is being audited, the wall is being built - lol, absolute delusional.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Happy Independence Day to you....thanks for helping to bring our country together again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join