It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body Cam Catches Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Another case of false charges against a citizen because a cop lost his temper.

The Free Thought Project

Chandler, AZ — In May 2014, Luke Hein was arrested after officers accused him of interfering with an officer’s investigation. However, recently released body camera footage shows that Hein was asked by police for help, gave them help, and was then assaulted and charges fabricated against him.

The incident began after Hein’s ex-girlfriend, Zoe Shunick, had crashed a car into a tree at the couple’s apartment complex while driving drunk. Shunick was uncooperative with police and refused to exit her vehicle. At this point, Hein, who was inside his apartment, had come outside to see what was happening.

As Hein talked to police, they asked him to help talk Shunick out from the car. After successfully calming her down and getting her out of the vehicle, one officer who apparently couldn’t wait to escalate the situation, shoved Shunick. Seeing a cop brutalize a woman like this prompted Hein to say, “Hey.”
When the cop’s violence was questioned, the situation became even more chaotic. As the body cam shows, officer Brian Hawkins, then grabs Hein, slams him into the hood of the car and chokes him — for helping them. Quickly realizing that his temper got the best of him, Hawkins immediately said, “I apologize things went the way they did.” Shortly after, he said, “I’m not charging you with any crime.” After Hein is told that he will not be charged with a crime, several more officers arrive on scene, one of whom is Sgt. William Nocella.

WA BC15

When getting briefed from Officer Hawkins about what happened, Sgt. Nocella said, “So he can go ahead and head to jail, right?” As Hawkins responds by saying he doesn’t have a problem with letting Hein go, Nocella interrupts and said, “Once the handcuffs go on, he goes to jail.” Nocella continues, “If you date an animal, this type of (expletive) happens. So if he decides to help an animal and not act like a law-abiding citizen, his sorry (expletive) goes to jail.” “Hindering?” asks Officer Hawkins, regarding what charge they should place on Hein. “Hindering, uh, not following or obeying, whatever,” Nocella answers. “You were here. If you can make a stretch, if he raises his voice above what mine is now, he goes for (disorderly conduct). But he goes in a patrol car going to jail in the next five (minutes).”

Just another bad apple.... right.
There were at least two bad apples in this small group.

Why trust them at all?

I don't trust much of anyone that I interact with today, I definitely think twice about trusting a cop.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ah, yes- More roid rage from those who punish and enslave.

I'd like to say it never gets old, but it's way past old. I hope I never have another encounter with these kinds of scum, but every year there seem to be more of them.

Maybe I should start wearing a body cam, too.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
But someone released the video from the body cam. Was it the officer who actually had appologized to the guy?

A cop getting flustered because the woman wouldn't get out of the car can happen. He was rough and lost his temper a bit, that can happen. What happened after that when the other cops came, that is inexcusable. They should fire the cop who came over and blew things up.
edit on 3-7-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Maybe I should start wearing a body cam, too.

I have had cops lie to me and say that I am not allowed to film them without their permission.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

A lot of these guys sign up for a job with a badge and gun because they are insecure and feel like they need to "compensate" for something.

That's why so many of them have a massively over-inflated ego complex, and are delusional, thinking they are more important than "regular" people and can take advantage of their position in authority.

The frequency of these guys shooting dogs and claiming the dogs "were attacking them" (when more often than not, that ISN'T the case) is out of control. They also RARELY try to use non-lethal force. As a dog owner and a law-abiding citizen the police scare the ever loving s*** out of me.

When will the police need to answer for their crimes? The police state and militarization of police is increasing at a rapid pace...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But someone released the video from the body cam. Was it the officer who actually had appologized to the guy?

It was actually the prosecutors that released the body cam video.
From WABC15:

The charge against Luke Hein was dropped once prosecutors released footage from the body camera, Hein said.

Then this:

In an interview with internal investigators, Hawkins said Nocella “pressured” him to stop wearing it. “He told me that these cameras will never help us they will only hurt us,” Hawkins said. In an interview with ABC15, Hein said he believes Sgt. Nocella should have lost his job.

The bad cops don't like body cams.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ive seen lapd detectives covering for one of their own tell a dozen witnesses that their witness statements better change to match the polices (which was an outright fabrication to exonerate a cop) or they would all be arrested.

This was an car wreck caused by a young police officers reckless behaviour that ended up requiring the jaws of life to save someone.

Better believe cops are corrupt. They do this sort of stuff every day.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No pig is worth trusting. You're life will be much better for not trusting them, and only worse if you do trust them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The IAD report is here:
Scribd

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Cops are on their own. If I see one gettin' his ass handed to him, I'll just drive on.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

"I don't trust much of anyone that I interact with today, I definitely think twice about trusting a cop. "

That's a very wise attitude. I don't trust anyone in a uniform whatsoever. These new cops are a whole different breed and basically act like motorcycle gang members. Remind me of Sons of Anarchy, you never know when they're going to invoke Mr. Mayhem.

(post by stolencar18 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
im just replying to some of the comments here. I've mostly been on the wrong side of the law over the last 30 years and all I can say from this perspective is that you are a lot less likely to get ur ass beat for a confession at the station. Lol. So things have changed for the better lol. In Toronto a cop would tell you if I see you here again your going for a ride on the cherry beach express which was back of the cruiser to the beach for a night beating just for the hell of it, anyway.....getting old. Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't bash cops but Nocella is the one who belongs in jail.
A civil suit might help rectify his wrongs.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

And they need to stop the roids. Like right now. And have psych evaluations before hiring. I know a kid who's a cop, what a piece of crap he is. And he gets to carry a gun. Sick kid, sick cop.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well, it certainly sounds like abuse of power. And if so, their (the two cops) should be fired in the supervisor's case and suspended in the other's.

However; I would still like to point out the fact that this is supposedly based on a bodycam's footage. . . of which I see none. In fact, the only thing I see here are editorials (not journalistic reports) from anti-establishment and anti-cop loud speakers.

So, some actual facts and both sides would be nice. Or at least the supposed footage from the bodycam in question.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I disagree about the 2 cops. The cop that did apologize to the boyfriend. If i was him and some guy puts a hand on me at night, i would be jumpy too.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

My car was stolen and totalled back in January. I just got a copy of the police report, and was shocked and horrified to find the officers who first came to my door LIED in their report.

I have never experienced this before; and am disgusted by it. If I ever have to speak with one again, I will be sure to record it with my phone after that.

What happened to that kid is f'd up. Body cams should be mandatory!

edit on 3-7-2017 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm sure some will contest this opinion but I personally believe county sheriffs are the only constitutionally authorized and legal law enforcement. All others from city, state and federal law enforcement are nothing more than paid corporate enforcers considering that all forms of government are incorporated entities.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Well, it certainly sounds like abuse of power. And if so, their (the two cops) should be fired in the supervisor's case and suspended in the other's.

However; I would still like to point out the fact that this is supposedly based on a bodycam's footage. . . of which I see none. In fact, the only thing I see here are editorials (not journalistic reports) from anti-establishment and anti-cop loud speakers.

So, some actual facts and both sides would be nice. Or at least the supposed footage from the bodycam in question.

If you read the IAD report that I linked (the one where the cops investigate the cops) you will wonder why the Sgt was not fired.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join