It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Far-right extremist' is arrested for plotting to shoot French President Emmanuel Macron

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

A 'far-right extremist' has been arrested for plotting to shoot French President Emmanuel Macron in front of Donald Trump on Bastille Day.

The plot, by the unnamed 23-year-old Frenchman, was foiled when he tried to get hold of a Kalashnikov assault rifle online.

Prosecuting sources in the French capital said the man was from the 'extreme-right' and wanted to murder Mr Macron, as well as 'blacks, Arabs, Jews and homosexuals'.

'Far-right extremist' is arrested for plotting to shoot French President Emmanuel Macron in front of Donald Trump

Entire headline:

'Far-right extremist' is arrested for plotting to shoot French President Emmanuel Macron in front of Donald Trump on Bastille Day after trying to buy an AK-47 online

It SEEMS that the man thought he could simply buy an AK-47 online, and show up to the Bastille Day celebrations:

The suspect, who comes from the Paris area, planned to target Mr Macron as he took the salute at the Bastille Day celebrations on July 14. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

LUCKILY, the man was caught ahead of time before he was able to carry out his planned ATTACK:

The would-be attacker mentioned his search for a weapon on a video games forum that was being monitored by intelligence officers.

When anti-terrorism police turned up at his flat in the suburb of Argenteuil last Wednesday, he threatened them with a kitchen knife.

He was overpowered and placed in custody, while searches of his car found further weapons.

It SOUNDS like the man has a history of extremist views...

This morning, it emerged that the suspect received a three year prison sentence last year for 'condoning terrorism' and 'spreading racist hate', 18 months of which were suspended.

Data on his computer revealed that he was an apologist for neo-Nazi mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb and gun attack in Norway in 2011.

BIG props to the French security for stopping this plot before it could become a true disaster!

edit on 3-7-2017 by DanteGaland because: truncated hedline

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You forgot to mention "Right Wing Extremist".

Your agenda is a bit obvious, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm NOT a big FAN of the DailyMail -- so here's the BBC:

Investigators found three kitchen knives in the plot suspect's vehicle and analysis of his computer revealed he had conducted internet searches on possible targets.

After his arrest, he told police he wanted to attack "Muslims, Jews, blacks, homosexuals", AFP said.

The suspect was convicted last year of condoning terrorism after praising Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people in July 2011.

BBC

The guy WAS arrested and jailed ... but HALF of his 3-year sentence was suspended...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
leans to the right.....has ZERO desire to go on a rampage and take out my best friend(blk), stepmother(jewish), the corner store owner (muslim) and my uncle ( happy as hell)
this just gives those of us that lean a little to the right a bad name.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What I find ODD and a bit interesting is they caught him via a VIDEO GAME FORUM.

What an odd place to go looking for GUNS...? And an ODD place for authorities to be WATCHING?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

too bad they cant catch all the aloha snackbar followers BEFORE they murder anyone

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

LMAO ok that was the best description EVER

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The agenda of properly following ATS T&Cs and not editing article titles?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So he's a crazy, racist, violent neonazi sympathizer incapable of creating or executing a proper plan, who was pushed past his breaking point by forces in his life- and he went to prison for it.

Good on the authorities I guess.
Sounds like it would have happened sooner or later anyway- but based on the details in the story, he doesn't have the brain capacity to have pulled off his "plan" anyway.

Not really sure how his "political" views come into play here, though. Just another crazy.

Political parties don't usually make crazy people- crazy people join political parties. Although I get the feeling this kid didn't go out and vote much.

Once you indoctrinate the young with a certain political view, then encourage them to turn violent when their party loses some power, then you'll start to see a political party making crazy people.
But that's a whole other thread, now, isn't it...

Cheers to another crazy person thrown in prison

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Hopefully THIS time they KEEP him locked up!!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
What I find ODD and a bit interesting is they caught him via a VIDEO GAME FORUM.

What an odd place to go looking for GUNS...? And an ODD place for authorities to be WATCHING?

Yeah, it's odd alright.
The government watches all forums. Isn't that something?
They monitor all freedom of speech on the internet. They even monitor your text messages, and who you call. I'd wager you don't have to do much for them to put you on the list that gets your location monitored via cellphone, either.

Best I can figure, that isn't a left-wing or right-wing thing, they're all complicit in this nonsense- the more powerful they get, the more they encourage this spying on the masses.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And what agenda is that?

Reporting on current events?

Ah, I digress, no such thing as right-wing extremism/terrorism. It's solely isolated to the left.... lol....

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why is it any more people are "EXTREME" left or right.... pffft, so annoying, sounds more like mental instability. Its not the left or right that makes people want to kill. Its mental instability... BOOOOOM, i know, mind blown once again.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

What's weird is WHY he thought to get guns on a VIDEO game forum?

Most ppl I know who play games are the LAST people who'd have weapons to SELL....

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
Why is it any more people are "EXTREME" left or right.... pffft, so annoying, sounds more like mental instability. Its not the left or right that makes people want to kill. Its mental instability... BOOOOOM, i know, mind blown once again.

Next time a Muslim plots to KILL a leader, we'll just chalk it up to mental instability...cool?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank god this mentally ill guy was not friends with muslims who have proven their ability to easily aquire actual AK-47s on numerous occassions during islamic terrorr attacks in France.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Next time a Muslim plots to KILL a leader, we'll just chalk it up to mental instability...cool?

Well then, i guess the religion itself is a bit unstable lol. Look, dude.... its not sane to have desires to kill.
Now your switching from politics to religion. One man is angry about the politics going on in his country and another is killing in the name of his god and being rewarded with virgins for it. They're both mental. But everyone these days wants to label anyone doing bad either left or right... it is very annoying, pffft, people and they're labels and junk

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The terrorist's agenda was a bit obvious, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Its encouraging to know that extremists on the far right who would attempt such a sick crime don;t seem to have any support networks to help them commit these types of crimes - so they have to go asking people for Ak47's.

If only all terror threats were so easily uncovered.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
leans to the right.....has ZERO desire to go on a rampage and take out my best friend(blk), stepmother(jewish), the corner store owner (muslim) and my uncle ( happy as hell)
this just gives those of us that lean a little to the right a bad name.

Agreed. That's how countless Muslims feel for the actions of others. That's how the left felt after the baseball game shooting.

I think the best any of us can do is to stop apologizing for the actions of others and instead take action by toning down the rhetoric on all sides.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join