It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey lists ANTIFA as a Domestic Terrorist Group!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Bluntone22

a reply to: seeker1963

OK so what about freedom of speech and expression?

They are allowed to make all the signs they want with their message written on them.
But they are not allowed to hit people with their signs.

Then arrest those people based on their individual actions. Not the groups actions.

Are you even familiar at all with ANTIFA? Either you are trolling this thread or I suggest you go to some of their websites! They openly promote violence on every one of them!

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

ANTIFA as a group is initiating and promoting violence, so they are responsible as a group.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

They are free to preach all day about their domestic terrorism. They just have to deal with more consequences now, though.
Good times.

Yup, just like after WW2 when you expressed or even hinted to being a 'communist' you were thrown in jail.
Just label a group (who happens to be an alt left group) as TERRORISTS! And then it all comes full circle.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
It does place a spectre of doubt int he minds of those that support them monetarily. It puts them now into the crosshairs for IRS investigation, indictment, and potential forfeiture of money for funding a known terrorist group. In addition, it will prevent them from getting a permit to protest, so if seen protesting, it is an immediate arrest situation, no questions asked.

I say, anyone showing up with their face covered is an ANTIFA supporter and should be taken in, booked, and fined heavily. With the funds drying up, it will have a very chilling affect on the organization.

Hey, now.
Not everyone who wants to peacefully protest is able to do so and show their face.
I could stand to lose my job and ruin my career over something like that- and if I lived in the city, I might actually be inclined to join some of the protests I've seen.

None of the ones I've seen lately, mind you. it's all a bunch of whining lately... Bring back the protests against the blanket surveillance!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Is that what we call atrocities now?

More SJW redefining words to suit their agenda of bigotry and persecution is what is sounds like to me.

originally posted by: lordcomac
Hey, now.
Not everyone who wants to peacefully protest is able to do so and show their face.
I could stand to lose my job and ruin my career over something like that- and if I lived in the city, I might actually be inclined to join some of the protests I've seen.

You should have been a school teacher. Apparently there's no low too extreme in political activism that will get them fired.

edit on 3-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yea, anybody that is not Ideological Pure needs to be rounded up and gassed in the local concentration camp. Oops I mean FEMA help center.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't like ANTIFA. I think they are fascist, Marxist, and basically moronic to a degree unseen for decades. They are the antithesis of freedom, free expression.

That being said, I don't like any government agency labeling groups.

I don't think it serves any other purpose other than denying free expression even to groups that abhor free expression.

We saw enough of that during the Obama era when anyone who was for lower taxes, smaller government, was labeled as "anti-American".

I agree. I loathe antifa, but I dont think this is a good governement precedent.

However, as I began to write out my position on this I realized that I started contradicting my original thought. They use fear and intimidation as well as some violence and property destruction to push a political position. They do it with hidden identities. Thats damn close to being a terrorist organization. They havent blown up stuff or gone on a shooting rampage...yet. But they are pushing that line of serious violence at times.

Still, its a bad government precedent.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

Yea, anybody that is not Ideological Pure needs to be rounded up and gassed in the local concentration camp. Oops I mean FEMA help center.

If you have been paying attention to ANTIFA and BAMN if they had their way, they would be definitely rounding up everyone who in their weak minds were considered a NAZI!

The fact they are supposedly Anti Fascist while their behavior is the epitome of fascism should make you wonder what the and where the hell things went so wrong in our educational system to even make this possible?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

SJW? Throwing out some labels on me now?

I am simply playing devils advocate here.
Let me guess, first thing came to YOUR mind after reading my comments was "this damn leftists!" (somewhere along those lines).

So, please point out the 'atrocities' that ANTIFA has come forth with?
I can think of several that non 'left' groups have done in the past. Are they 'terrorists' why aren't the hells angels a terrorist organization?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I agree they are crazy, but ever since the public started mounting their own protest to counter theirs, they have almost become irrelevant. I do not see the need to have the state label them. The people should continue to do what they have been doing to counter them.

On a side note, what happen to BLM? Seems like soro's can only fund one group at time, The cheap bastard...
edit on 3-7-2017 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So, are they gonna put Hollyweird celebrities who threatened Trump like Madonna next?

edit on 7/3/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

This really isn't about threatening Trump though is it? Although the Zionist connection is certainly there, that is a whole other topic?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

But many of these celebs are certainly inspired by antifa to some extent. Actually it seems like a lot of regressive leftists in Hollyweird and Academia are taking a page out of antifa by adopting their politically violent rhetoric.
edit on 7/3/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

There are already laws against the violence ANTIFA normally employs. Lock the bastards up!

When we start labeling groups though, it usually doesn't end well.

Leftists during the Obama regime labeled anyone who disagreed with them as racist, anti-American.

I'd prefer it if we didn't act like them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I always wonder how long it will be before you show up and spout your propaganda.

Can you not see that you are SJW by your own definition?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
If you see a listed terrorist organization rallying, are you allowed to shoot at them?

Nah, that's not necessary. Just send a black guy at 'em and they won't know what to do.

edit on 7/3/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: pirhanna

There are already laws against the violence ANTIFA normally employs. Lock the bastards up!

When we start labeling groups though, it usually doesn't end well.

Leftists during the Obama regime labeled anyone who disagreed with them as racist, anti-American.

I'd prefer it if we didn't act like them.

Probably so. However, the BIG difference here is the label is not subjective. It is a direct response to their actual ACTIONS and not mere words or disagreement with the government. When the line is crossed between peaceful protest and active destruction and physical intimidation, it becomes illegal and is deserving of that label.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Be CAREFUL your hate for ANTIFA doesn't turn you into exactly what you HATE...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I got to say the amount of people praising this authoritarian move is saddening.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

en.wikipedia.org...

OK now go to all those articles and relabel them as acts of terrorism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join