It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

there is more than one path

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: yughii

Speaking as a preChristian Gaelic Polytheist. Yes there are many different paths. Not all of them are the same. to me, there are as many paths, as their are Gods, and then a few more

yes i think of myself as a polytheist somewhat! I have thought that before. Not as much as you describe yourself to be. I just don't mind crossing religious lines

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

You know, i would like to think I am leaning towards mysticism. I believe that Christ is in everything, is the animating force in everything and is the base from which anything can spring. I also think that Christ is the void but this void is more like peace, space, stillness but then sometimes a tangible is - ness, a vitality.

Since I think Christ in everything including myself, I believe with this spark of Christ nature I can reach any deity or force or even persons in the universe. Reaching them means sharing the virgin spirit with them. I only know it is virgin, pure incorrupted when I am sharing it with someone else. I think it is easier, at least for me, to do this with a trusted source of benevolent intentions such as Deity.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ia m pretty sure those lines are man made, not Gods mandated
After all why whould a God care? A human however? yeah....

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Ia m pretty sure those lines are man made, not Gods mandated
After all why whould a God care? A human however? yeah....

good point

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Which is why I'm trying to remind people of who else is promoting the philosophy that is in this thread title. It's not a coincidence that this is what Satan's system of things (a.k.a. the Matrix) and parts of Babylon the Great is teaching and promoting at the UN and by using mainstream media and religion. Or that it's such a popular philosophy in this system of things (tickling people's ears, just what they wanted to hear).

1 Timothy 4:1,2

However, the inspired word* clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements* and teachings of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron.

1st *: Lit., “the spirit.”
2nd *: Lit., “misleading spirits.”

2 Timothy 4:3,4

For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* 4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

1st *: Or “healthful; beneficial.”
2nd *: Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”

That there is more than 1 path to God, spirituality, salvation, etc. is a false story that tickles people's ears. That there is only 1 path is "beneficial teaching" but harder to live up to, to follow that straight and narrow path where one needs to obey God's commandments to stay on that path takes a lot more effort than just doing as you like and adapting your beliefs and actions (choices in life) to whatever you want, whatever is most agreeable to you (or cherry-picking every philosophy taught by Babylon the Great that you like, as demonstrated in the OP). With no regard for what God wants (the same attitude as the "God is within" crowd, as if they get to determin what God wants of them).

I'll take your advice to not listen to Ted Turner (founder of CNN) and his kind or anyone teaching or promoting the exact same thing (you) about spiritual pathways. Your advice regarding CNN and the UN is a lot more sound than what you're arguing for that is exactly the same as what is being promoted via mainstream media, the UN and this system of things (in this case often referred to as new age philosophy, but it's old stuff that is being re-popularized especially by powerful and influential figures such as Ted Turner, or to name another completely different example: Oprah Winfrey, but it's across the board, the 'many ways to heaven' philosophy is just as popular in the media and human society or this system of things, it's the broad road decribed by Jesus at Matthew 7:13,14 with many people on it all with their own ideas about these subjects, for everyone there's something that tickles their ears, Satan makes sure that there's something appealing in his philosophies to every human character type; he's the one setting up all the counterfeit spiritual paths to obscure the one path that truly leads to enlightenment, freedom from superstition and lies, true spirituality and God. The truth about these subjects is what will set you free from all these false stories about spirituality and enlightenment, etc. Jesus was very clear about where this particular truth can be found).

“What Is Truth?”

THAT question was cynically posed to Jesus by the Roman Governor Pontius Pilate. He was not interested in an answer, and Jesus did not give him one. Perhaps Pilate viewed truth as too elusive to grasp.—John 18:38.

This disdainful attitude toward truth is shared by many today, including religious leaders, educators, and politicians. They hold that truth—especially moral and spiritual truth—is not absolute but relative and ever changing. This, of course, implies that people can determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong. (Isaiah 5:20, 21) It also allows people to reject as out-of-date the values and moral standards held by past generations.

The statement that prompted Pilate’s question is worth noting. Jesus had said: “For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth.” (John 18:37) Truth to Jesus was no vague, incomprehensible concept. He promised his disciples: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”—John 8:32.

Where can such truth be found? On one occasion, Jesus said in prayer to God: “Your word is truth.” (John 17:17) The Bible, written under divine inspiration, reveals truth that provides both reliable guidance and a sure hope for the future—everlasting life.—2 Timothy 3:15-17.

Pilate indifferently rejected the opportunity to learn such truth. What about you?

Source: “What Is Truth?”
edit on 4-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Fine. you walk. I'll (attempt to) fly.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Start on a lower story of the building ..... no seriously. People delve into certain spiritual areas, and forget to take baby steps when its new

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

its probably been done before, but you should do a thread on preChristian, Gaelic gods or lore

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I could, but last time I did a Pagan themed thread.... it gained very little interest. Abrahmic faiths are of more interest to the members of this site it seems

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
1. You Draw From The Stone!
2. You Piece All The Shards Back Together Yourself! After You Break It...
3. You Receive It From The Lady Of The Lake!

Excalibur... The Mystic King's Sword.

These Paths are already laid before you.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

I feel like I almost get what you're saying. I'll have to think about it...

Are these separate paths or all part of the same path?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

In Spanish: Excalibur is a sentence. Not a word.
Es Culebra > Translation being: It's Serpent.

If you get Excalibur.... You're alright. If not... Your "Esclabor"... Translation: "Slave!"

Don't take the path.. if you're not ready. It is perilous and costs very much. More than dreams and more than life. The three paths lead to the same destination. But they are three different paths.

These are the people who you must face:

The Lady Of The Lake Is Merlin's Eldest daughter. Her name is Vivien. In Spanish we call "Vi Bien!"
Love her... And she will lift the veil and mist. And you will behold Excalibur's true power. But... Only if she "sees good in you." Patience and tolerance... And trust

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Sorry Ol'Pal.
I typed way more than is shown in the post.
My post was cut dramatically by someone or something. I pressed reply and poof. No full post.

I'll get back to you soon if you're interested.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio
True Spirituality—How Can You Find It?

“The Mind of Christ”

In addition to pointing out the importance and benefits of being spiritually-minded, the apostle Paul had much to say about what true spirituality is. To the Christians in the ancient city of Corinth, Paul explained the difference between a physical man, that is, a person who follows the impulses of the flesh, and a spiritual man, a person who cherishes spiritual things. Paul wrote: “A physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him.” On the other hand, Paul explained that the spiritual man is characterized by having “the mind of Christ.”—1 Corinthians 2:14-16.

Having “the mind of Christ” basically means having “the same mental attitude that Christ Jesus had.” (Romans 15:5; Philippians 2:5) In other words, a spiritual man is one who thinks as Jesus does and walks in His footsteps. (1 Peter 2:21; 4:1) The more a person’s mind resembles that of Christ, the deeper his spirituality is and the closer he is to gaining “life and peace.”—Romans 13:14.

How to Get to Know “the Mind of Christ”

To have the mind of Christ, however, one must first know that mind. Therefore, the first step in developing spirituality is to get to know Jesus’ way of thinking. But how do you come to know the mind of someone who lived on earth 2,000 years ago? Well, how, for example, did you learn about the historical figures of your country? Likely by reading about them. Similarly, reading a written history of Jesus is an important way to get to know the mind of Christ.—John 17:3.

edit on 8-7-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
The way of selfless action: Like bodhichitta. Actually the most leverage you could ever have. Selfless action but who can attain it in this kali yuga?

Everything one does has an affect on yourself in some way or another, so it can never be truly selfless. You give away all your money then it goes into society and then such a person would become a homeless beggar in society. It might not appear good but what if the money was spend on homeless shelters first. And even if it went to another country, in many years someone would get something in return.

Now if there is no self, there is no action so it becomes nulled. Which is nothing so it doesn't count.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join