It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's all-girl robotics team banned from entering US - but their robot will be allowed in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: sine.nomine

I wouldn't argue with you on how bad Hillary is, and I do not hate Americans..I feel like you all got shafted with the 2 choices presented at election time, I do understand how and why he won..I just don't believe his hype.
Peace

That's fine, but the discussion was about the travel ban (ultimately), and I'm just saying it's based in reality, not hate. There is plenty of past and present evidence to support the validity of such restrictions. Nothing is perfect, but it is what it is. If a few highschool robotics teams have to suffer the consequences of not travelling to foreign countries, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, ya know?

a reply to: Jonjonj

And that's adorable btw
edit on 3-7-2017 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

True..I'm not proud of going there, if that's means anything.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
why is this even news? the only reason is it fits within someones agenda.

the truth is that this is nothing out of the ordinary at all. and has been happening thousands of times (if not tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of times a day around the world) a day in pretty much every country on earth, for many, many years. it has nothing to do with President Trump, this is the way the entire world works and has worked. seriously thousands of people from virtually every country are refused visas to go other countries, not just the US every single day. sometimes the people are told the reason, sometimes they are not. many people go to Consulates and embassies in every country every day they are open to apply for visas, many if not most are actually refused.

and there are so very many reasons people get refused. friends of mine were denied a visa to go to one country just over a year ago. the reason? they were teachers by profession, and thus the country they wanted to go to for a couple days denied them visas. this is what that county's embassy told them the reason was. sometimes it is the lack of proper records like birth certificates (ie their birth was not properly recorded). or even problems with documents and such due to things like records lost in war or disaster. family and friendships can effect if you are given a visa or not. i have a friend who had to cut off all contact with most of his family for a few years to gain a visa to go to another country. again the reasons for that can vary widely. your friends or family could be part of a militant, terrorist, or criminal organization or even a country's military or close to people in such an organization. they don't just look at a person applying, but into their families, friends and other contacts and associates. any hint of a criminal record will do it, even if the "crime" was committed as a child, and the "crime" is not a crime in the country they wish to visit. other times the person applying is considered a risk for becoming an illegal alien in the country they wish to go to. ie deciding they don't want to go back home, and thus overstay their visa. and that does actually happen a lot, even when they do take it into consideration on whether they let someone in or not. another reason for being refused entry is lack of money. and yes i am serious about that. i know many people refused entry into the US, Canada, and other places because they didn't have enough CASH on them, or in the bank. being out of work is another reason people get refused visas or entry to another country. sometimes the reason someone is refused is there is just not enough time to do a proper standard check into a person before the time they want to go. this is especially true in poorer nations where proper record keeping and lack of technology can cause such checks to take far longer than in other countries. sometimes it is just the sheer number of applications that is the reason. the thousand or so people ahead of you all need to be checked as well as you, and there is just not time enough in a day to check everyone all at once, so those ahead of you get preference, as every one is just as important as everyone else. you could even have the bad luck that there are already too many people from your country wanting to go where you want to go at the same time. and thus those who applied first may get to go, when you can not. after all countries have limits on how many people they may allow in their country from other countries at any time.

we do not know why these girls have been refused, all we know is they were apparently refused. so why is their particular case any more important than the millions of people who are refused entry to countries every year? because of some small, insignificant in the scheme of things competition? i rather suspect there are many more people with much better reasons for going to another country that are refused every day. so why don't THEY make the news, instead of these girls? simply put, because they don't help push someone's agenda. just like those recent cases where "Muslim" people in Canada that have been refused entry to the US recently have made the news, where no one else that is refused entry does not, because they are not "Muslim". otherwise the news would be filled with nothing but people refused entry.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
i lost interest after i read the robot sorts balls

awesome

maybe in kabul thats a new thing but we have had robots that sort # for at least 10 years
hahaah

and the 10 years thing was a joke. its been at least 15

the story is not there when you click the link
edit on 3-7-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

and generil you are correct

i doubt it is just cause of where they are from

when i was getting my visa for south africa i had to show proof that i had a full time job and a job to return to. i had to have x amount in the bank. i had to have an invitation letter from my buddy stating i was invited and he was going to be responsible for my lodging.

when you are going for documents like that you can get refused if you spell something wrong or put the date on the wrong line
edit on 3-7-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Because machines are perfect are perfect are perfect

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Great - if their robot is any good it can be kept.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

you racist

we are in desperate need of a robot that can sort balls

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Too bad Afghanistan citizens have allowed radical Muslims to populate their country. These girls should be allowed to compete, but because of the evil of Islam, they can't.

Islam was in Afghanistan for a very long time, and prospered with it. Tribal villages even had female leaders.
It wasn't until the USSR came in and screwed everything up and planted the Taliban causing extreme fundamentalists to run rampant.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The way women are treated in syria is very depressing. These girls will most likely not be allowed to do any work in the robotics field anyway.
This is all about politics, not robotics, not women's rights.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

you racist

As long as the robot is properly vetted I see no reason why it should not be allowed in to sort balls.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

you racist

As long as the robot is properly vetted I see no reason why it should not be allowed in to sort balls.

Chocolate salty balls. made at a chocolate factory seems a good job for it. then send a portion of its balls to the girls every week or month.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well this would have to go near the top of crap I could care less about. They can have their own robotics competition in their own damn country and let whomever they want come.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Simple answer America is dumb as sh!t along with most of its citizens.

Actually the "dumb as sh!t" gene transcends all borders races and genders as you so eloquently showed us...

Easier answer is there is a high probability that these girls have relatives who are radicalized. Better safe than sorry. But don't that let that soften your hatred for America and it's people who as a nation feed billions of starving people around the world.

Do you realize if American and Monsanto just vanished 10 million would die of starvation this year alone?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
a reply to: BASSPLYR

oh thank you I'm so glad you feel that way.

Im a american and i agree with him. Non ATS members are usually dumb as bleep.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

HE said MOST as in not everyone.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm sure their electronics expertise can be put to good use at home...

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
As I predicted on page 1 of this thread, President Donald Trump intervened and the girlies are going to America.

LINK

Way to go!

P

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Too bad Afghanistan citizens have allowed radical Muslims to populate their country. These girls should be allowed to compete, but because of the evil of Islam, they can't.

Islam was in Afghanistan for a very long time, and prospered with it. Tribal villages even had female leaders.
It wasn't until the USSR came in and screwed everything up and planted the Taliban causing extreme fundamentalists to run rampant.

It was US that installed Taliban, not Soviet.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
just saw this and even though is not about the girls in this case, it shows some of the reasoning behind refusing people like these girls entry. it seems that another of the teams has possibly decided to become illegal aliens. their visas do apparently allow them one year, but if they don't leave or extend their visas, they will become illegal immigrants at that time. with at least two of them possibly illegally crossing the border into Canada. which makes them illegal aliens in Canada now since US visas don't cover Canada. those in charge of the competition need to be held responsible for allowing these people to do so. guess they need better security forces in place.

WASHINGTON – U.S. authorities say two of six Burundi teens who were reported missing after an international robotics competition in Washington have been seen crossing the border into Canada.
Metropolitan Police spokeswoman Aquita Brown says the whereabouts of their team members is unknown, and that the search for all the teens remains ongoing, but she stresses that police have no indication of foul play in their disappearance.
globalnews.ca...

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Good stuff, he gets some respect from me, for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join