It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter says Trump's tweet doesn't violate its rules

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Looks like CNN and maybe an attorney tried to get Trump's Twitter account "Deactivated" over that wrestling match video he posted.

They must have actually put up a complaint or something, because Twitter responded.

They responded with basically a "NO" *!*
*!*

People getting all upset about Trump's ways of relaying opinions not ever seen before by a President of the United States.

A real head-shaker indeed.

Twitter says Trump's tweet doesn't violate its rules

CNN’s Brian Stelter tries to get Trump’s Twitter deactivated and FAILS

Twitter told CNN on Sunday that the company reviewed the tweet, which features a WWE video that has been edited to show Trump beating up a man with a CNN logo on his face.

Twitter said it considered three factors: the political context of the conversation surrounding the tweet, the various ways it could be interpreted and the lack of details in the tweet itself.

According to its rules, Twitter may suspend an account for a number of reasons, including if the user makes violent threats; attacks people based on race, religion, gender and more; or engages "in the targeted abuse or harassment of others."
Trump's tweet has spread like wildfire across the internet. In six hours it received 185,000 retweets, about 300,000 likes and nearly 100,000 comments.

Seth Abramson, an attorney and an assistant professor at the University of New Hampshire, called on Twitter to ban the president. His tweet racked up more than 2,000 retweets in less than three hours Sunday.

Oh Well

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT
there will always be another shot I gotta hand it to them their persistence is awesome.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Crybabies that alert to posts they don't like are the worst people on the internet.

I bet there is a flurry of alerts with his every post hahaahaaa, get used to it folks, Trumps tweets are here to stay.

He can totally bypass the MSM and reach millions of Americans with Social media, gotta hand it to him, he's a smart man.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I got banned from Twitter for calling Brian Stelter a George Costanza lookalike piece of sh*t.
He is a little touchy about his receding hairline.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhmsLaw

Crybabies that alert to posts they don't like are the worst people on the internet.

It's silly.
But that's just me.
edit on 2017-07-02T23:08:44-05:002201702America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: sillyolme

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't think live or delayed broadcasting of a suicide or murder is against Twitter's rules. Both happen repeatedly it seems.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have to admit it... very few things make me as gleeful as watching Trump TROLL CNN and the rest of the MSM... but ESPECIALLY CNN.

THE TRUTH about American media... is it is directly or indirectly, responsible for the death or slaughter of countless human beings over the last few decades... all for the expediency of ratings and ad dollars.

Add to that the venom, "joking" about assassination, opinion sharing rather than fact reporting... hell, it's a long list.

So sure... Trump is kind of a bully... well boo f***ing hoo!

Sleazy blood soaked American media can just go F*** OFF!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Do you remember Frankie goes to Hollywood-Two tribes?

All that is left is for Trump and somebody from CNN to get into a ring and duke it out and I guess my life would be pretty much complete.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Why would he be violating any rules? Unless there is a special 'for the president only' rule.

His tweets are mild in comparison to some of the comments he recieves.

The snowflakes are strong with this one . . .

edit on 2-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Trump already knew this in my opinion. He is leading the media to their own demise. Trump can get the media to talk about anything he wants them to. Right now he is showing how he can make them look stupid in a twitter war. Do I like it? Yes, I find it absolutely entertaining. He is fighting the Republicans, Democrats, and the media once again. It is about time we had a President that stands up to the government and media. The people are not stupid. The people are tired of how our government is not helping the people.

Tweet on my wayward son. There will be peace when you are done.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

The comments that he receives, are amongst the most vile disgusting posts you will find on the net, full of hatred and fear. Those people are just waiting to leave their comments each time he posts. Yet if he blocks them, they will scream all the louder. People are weird.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OhmsLaw
The Failing New York Times Condemns Trump’s CNN-WWE Tweet — But Sponsored Play Depicting His ‘Assassination’???

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
The snowflakes will always find something to cry about. Good for Twitter for not caving.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So CNN, a leftist organization, tried to censor the head of the government.

You can't make this sh#t up.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Can anyone say Linda McMahon ? Now the SBA Admin under the Trump Admin
If you dont know , look it up
Trump has ONE HELL of a line-up
Doesnt get any better than this....

edit on 7/2/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Kicking Trump off Twitter would effectively shut them down. The lash back from Trump being kicked off his favorite soap box, combined with the screeching from the alt-right would seriously damage Twitter.

Twitter has effectively been hijacked by Trump. They can't *do* anything about him. He could break every rule they have on their website, and he'd be allowed to stay.

This is why I think that politicians should not be allowed to use personal social media accounts to interact with their constituents. They should be able to have an "official" account for updates about what they're doing and when they'll have town halls...but social media is "for the people".

That's right, social media is *ours*. It's like if your Mom or Dad were to crawl up into your tree house and take it over. You can't really kick them out, but they've totally ruined the "space" you had for yourself there.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 7-3-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FutureGains

Metaphors are amazing things.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I'm not sure what's worse, your analogy or your premise.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

How about, no.

Trump needs twitter to bypass our corrupt MSM which has turned into a political and fascist arm of the establishment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join