It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did several UFO’s hit the AMC-9 satellite.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
What a bizarre situation. Is it just pure coincidence, that the satellite shows signs of explosive break up, shortly after three other objects pass by it, whether they were in a higher orbit or lower orbit? I assume they were either higher/lower in orbit, otherwise it means they were being propelled somehow, and I didn't see any signs of conventional propulsion in the clips.

This all seems extremely odd. We need to know if those objects were satellites, and if they are, who owns them.
edit on 4/7/2017 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Thanks OP ... interesting...

and UKP, hello and a special thanks ... I sometimes skim and disregard a thread when another poster says (essentially) "Silly goofs! This is completely prosaic and here's an expert saying why... lol [link]" despite knowing that reliance on breezy debunking is an equally silly, gullible response. There's only so much time to explore, after all.

So, even if this is just a meteor /sat collision with remarkably coincidental UFOs (meant as unidentified flying things, not aliens, necessarily ), it IS noteworthy.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
What that looks like to me is a collision. The satellite lost attitude control and started spinning. This caused it's radar cross section to vary, resulting in the "flashing." The satellite regained attitude control via it's reaction wheels and contact was reestablished. However, the collision bumped back its orbital velocity. It's likely losing altitude gradually. It will take a while for it to get to an altitude where atmospheric drag starts to pull it down faster, but that bird is doomed. Short of a rescue mission. Oh, also, I think it lost a reflector during the incident, that's the piece you see floating off. Still doesn't rule out an attack of some sort.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Has anyone heard any update on this topic? It seems by now some amateur satellite/sky watcher should have been able to trace back what other satellites were nearly on the same orbit at the time. Seems odd that I haven't seen anyone mentioning who's satellites those were..

Very interested to hear more on this topic. If these were satellites then who's, and if they were not satellites...then what?

~Winter

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Not sure I agree with "doomed bird" part. It depends on whether the collision (of whatever type it was) had enough force to decelerate it that much.

Looking at it, I don't think it did. A collision with enough force to decelerate a satellite into a sub orbital trajectory, would probably atomise the satellite, but then I guess it depends on how far away from Earth it was to begin with.

@Everyone Has there been many or any accidental collisions/incidents in space where it hasn't made international news? I find it odd that this story isn't exactly hitting many headlines anywhere.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winterpain
Has anyone heard any update on this topic? It seems by now some amateur satellite/sky watcher should have been able to trace back what other satellites were nearly on the same orbit at the time. Seems odd that I haven't seen anyone mentioning who's satellites those were..

Very interested to hear more on this topic. If these were satellites then who's, and if they were not satellites...then what?

~Winter

From page 1.
You can find it's location here.

It is approximately between the constellations Monoceros and Hydra. When you look up at the Southern sky, you will see these constellations. Between the tail of Monoceros and the middle of Hydra,, it can be found. The main stars it's between, are Alphard and NGC 2548.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join