It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians would rather elect and Atheist or Transgender person than Evangelical

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
Stockwell Day had a shot at becoming PM until his hard right christian beliefs were broadcast out. That was almost twenty years ago as well. Lost big time as he came across as a preachy bible thumper.

The irony is that one of the worst-kept secrets on the Hill was that he had a mistress in Ottawa. Another was that one of Harper's cabinet ministers had The Gay...and I always figured that he should have outed himself. Pity.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yeaaaay Canada Canada Canada..Canada Canada!!
I love u Canada..

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: CB328

That is the case in most part of the world, is it not? (Evangelicals are the Intelligent Design crowd, right?)

Yeah, evangenlicals are the ID crowd the same way that blacks are those fried chicken eating, watermelon loving folk.

Wait. Are there evangelicals who deny intelligent design? Serious question, no offense or jab meant.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

That is the case in most part of the world, is it not? (Evangelicals are the Intelligent Design crowd, right?)

Yeah, evangenlicals are the ID crowd the same way that blacks are those fried chicken eating, watermelon loving folk.

Excuse u , but I like my chicken jerked not fried..

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

would vote for a gay leader for President.

just one problem - canada does not have a presidency

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Man i love my country.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Really?
Are you sure that is an apt comparison?

I was my distinct impression that evangelical Christians in America differs from 'regular' Christians by their somewhat fundamentalist view on Christianity and that you would be hard pressed to find an evangelical Christian that do not support Intelligent Design being taught in school.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I understand doing a poll comparing Evangelicals to Atheists somewhat.
But why the eff throw transgender in there?
What does that have to do with political beliefs?
Is it safe to automatically assume transgender people would advocate certain political positions?
I think that's pretty narrow-minded actually, treating them as if they weren't individuals.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I wouldn't trust anything christianpost.com says about anything.

What's messed up is there is nothing at all about someone's Religious beliefs that should make them any more or less electable to begin with.

It really shouldn't even be a consideration when electing someone. Why not just keep their personal life out of it.

Creationism vs. Evolutionism affects their willingness to fund science research.

Pacifism vs. Nationalism affects their motivation to fund aid programs against the armed forces.

Their stance on Abortion is another factor, especially when it gets tangled up with rapists and rights of fathers.

Then there are views on sex education, contraception and sex outside marriage.

Keeping the religious fruit loops out of the breakfast bowl of society seems a logical thing then.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So would I.
Not because evangelicals are religious but because they are lying evil snakes.
Every last one of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Fruit loops being the key term there.

Not all religious people are the same. It's the real hard liners and fanatics that are the problem.

Hell, most people who consider themselves religious treat it more as a social club than anything. Most of which still think for themselves for the most part but like the idea of calling themselves "such and such" religion at the same time.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
what's wrong with overlooking race, gender, sexual identity, religion, etc. and electing the best person for the job?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join