It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Telephone ring heard, but no one there.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Something straight out of The Matrix, I kid you not-!

telephone ringing

I heard this very sound at rest stop in the mens bathroom, my first thought was that someone had the old telephone ringtone and it rang like 10 times then quite. And did it again.

Curious being that I am, I thought that there might have been someone in the other handicapped bathroom separate from the one I was in; so I go out of mine, and step over to the
Handicapped one, open the door, and ask if anyone was in there...nada.

Not sure what to think about this, anyone else have this happen?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I've had audio hallucinations, but not ten rings. I'm guessing you're spot on about the ring tone- someone's cell was lost in that room somewhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sounds like someone's cell phone had that ring tone on it, they lost their phone and were calling it to find it .....or.....there's an intercom system in the rest stop bathroom ( or that building ) and it rings when someon calls the main phone alerting them to the land line .

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Did you check the commodes or down in the tank if it is that type?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is there a payphone on the outside of the building in that area where the ring was heard. Those phones would easily be heard inside of the restroom, there may even be an exhaust vent in that room that exits right over the phone outside. I still see a few payphones around in some roadside parks, but it is getting rare. There is one around here out on the highway about thirty miles from here, there is no signal for cell phones in that area either, maybe that is why the phone is still there.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You're supposed to ask if anyone is in there before opening the door.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
He opened the door, and there she was: gone!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

I've had audio hallucinations, but not ten rings. I'm guessing you're spot on about the ring tone- someone's cell was lost in that room somewhere.
Ho ho ho ho, I hate to think where.......lol

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If visual representations of people, and smells can manifest as a 'residual' haunting, why not sounds too?

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Did you check the commodes or down in the tank if it is that type?

Yeah, no one was in there

at all..

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Is there a payphone on the outside of the building in that area where the ring was heard. Those phones would easily be heard inside of the restroom, there may even be an exhaust vent in that room that exits right over the phone outside. I still see a few payphones around in some roadside parks, but it is getting rare. There is one around here out on the highway about thirty miles from here, there is no signal for cell phones in that area either, maybe that is why the phone is still there.

No, the.payphones is out side..

This was in the next bathroom....

top topics

join