It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So basically the OP is saying he/she doesn't believe African Americans are smart enough or have a strong enough work ethic to feed themselves. They need a free handout from rich whitey just to survive. B effin S.

I say they can survive and would do just fine if the never ending free handouts were to go away. Which it will someday. USA is broke, middle class is shrinking, costs are rising. The writing is on the wall.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
well you wanted the shortest route to destruction you have it .
What your not bothering to count is 45 million on ebt and 200 k jobs a month on teh books ( the same 200 k each month mind you )
And only a hand full of that 200 k is living wages jobs .
yea cut off all welfare Detroit no jobs 900 k Chicago 2 million No jobs i could go one but dont expect tehse people top stay home and starve .
You people are just begging the government for them to take away all your rights .
cutting off welfare isn't just getting people off the dole as much as you would like that its taking that money OUT of the economy so its 70 billion less money being put into local businesses .
and of corse you no longer need 5 million Government works who prosses them .
and guess what your taxes wont be ONE DIME less . What you think they are going to say well now we dont need it so here ?
lord this is no easy fix just cutting it off grantes this country will be a dictatorship in a years time .
It would take edcuation and Jobs and rebuilding city's like Detroit to even start changing things .
But its what you want ( it jsut wont be zombies crashing through your door .

And this is what happens when the people allow the government to control things in there life, they will die. This is why i believe in the old republic, small government, self reliant independent person. Take the food stamps.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

What your not bothering to count is 45 million on ebt and 200 k jobs a month on teh books ( the same 200 k each month mind you )
yea cut off all welfare Detroit no jobs 900 k Chicago 2 million No jobs i could go one but dont expect tehse people top stay home and starve .
You people are just begging the government for them to take away all your rights .
cutting off welfare isn't just getting people off the dole as much as you would like that its taking that money OUT of the economy so its 70 billion less money being put into local businesses .
and guess what your taxes wont be ONE DIME less . What you think they are going to say well now we dont need it so here ?
lord this is no easy fix just cutting it off grantes this country will be a dictatorship in a years time .
It would take edcuation and Jobs and rebuilding city's like Detroit to even start changing things .

And this is what happens when the people allow the government to control things in there life, they will die. This is why i believe in the old republic, small government, self reliant independent person. Take the food stamps.

With all the new potentials for self sustainability... including bug farming, small time fish farms, hydroponics, etc for the urban and rural populations we could end hunger altogether.

Teach a person how to manage their own urban farm and boom.. no more food crisis.

Not everyone would want to do this so stores won't go out of business but no one would starve either.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Trump doing this is racist.

It's actually the opposite. The real racism is that of low expectations people from the left have towards blacks. Hell some of the worst racism I have ever seen is from black liberals hurled at black conservatives. Who believe blacks can't survive without government assistance and require help and handouts. Promoted by these democrat plantation owners to continue to vote D for assistance. Funny that for people so concerned with things like oppression and slavery they never bring up debt and tax slavery...

If the left actually cared about these marginalized people the first black president would have done what Trump is going to do now. Give people of all races and genders a means to fight against their own poverty. Rather than waste away on government assistance. Those who are just simply lazy leeches will of course suffer at first. But will eventually learn the value of hard work.

Blacks during the 50-60's were well on their way to being the biggest middle class demographic in the nation over most other races. That alone tells me the poverty and strife we see is clearly external in nature...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

With all the new potentials for self sustainability... including bug farming, small time fish farms, hydroponics, etc for the urban and rural populations we could end hunger altogether.

Teach a person how to manage their own urban farm and boom.. no more food crisis.

Not everyone would want to do this so stores won't go out of business but no one would starve either.

Like i said, the people let the government set this up. If we spent the last 200 years setting our system up for self sufficient purposes other then the government controling everything we would be fine. Again, like i said, its the peoples fault for not keeping our government in check and being lazy, in a nut shell...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

You must not know very much about that culture if you think they would do "just fine".

They are owed those handouts and expect them. That is what the black culture is taught from birth and indoctrinated with in its' local communities on a daily basis. If they are not granted said handouts, they will resort to illicit means to get what they want. I work and live in these communities, have many black friends that talk straight to me about these issues. They don't give a sh*t about the free education that comes with living in this country,(school is just a place to chill), the only education they focus on is learning how to game the system and they can show you some tricks if you are willing to chill with them a little bit and gain their trust.

There are a bunch of really cool black people in America, many I consider close friends. But the culture has entitlement issues that would make most millinials blush.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just have one question. Who is destined to survive the longest if we have a catastrophic event and why?

Oh ooops, 2nd question. Shouldn't everyone be prepared in competence of skills and food & water storage?

Make it a life lesson and everyone will do better.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

I see this on a daily basis. The food stamp system is the most heavily abused social program. Although, I take a liberal approach to food stamps, and feeding people. I personally believe that everybody should pay a small percentage into the system and EVERYBODY gets a food voucher of maybe $200 as a supplement to regular income. Nobody in the world should starve.

Everybody gets welfare from the government. The rich get favorable laws to promote their wealth, special loopholes in the tax system to pay less tax (or no tax at all) than they should, "bailouts" for their corporations when they run into financial troubles, etc..all the poor people get is a few food stamps.

Now, what we should do, is remove all forms of welfare from the rich and poor alike, make the whole system fairer. Instead, everybody pointing fingers at the other person's benefits.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

It's insane. We need to make life more about living and less about money.

Welcome to the club...

You can live that crappy life where you put in minimal effort or you can work hard to get the better things in life. It is up to each of us but at the end of the day we are a consumer society. There is always the commune lifestyle, but then you are still working 12 hours a day on the farm...hehe

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Now, what we should do, is remove all forms of welfare from the rich and poor alike, make the whole system fairer. Instead, everybody pointing fingers at the other person's benefits.

That is what the flat tax is mostly about, but there is a big difference between getting things free from the government and paying less due to breaks... one side still pays and the other doesn't.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Well SNAP only covers food so there are no other benefits to it than that.

I see. So a foodnet like program would solve the food issue thus one less system to scam

Along with a work for your financial support for the WIC and Welfare checks. Government jobs basically. Except they dont get paid they get their welfare check.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That is what the flat tax is mostly about, but there is a big difference between getting things free from the government and paying less due to breaks... one side still pays and the other doesn't.

The reason the rich are supposed to pay more, is because the government is responsible for creating and maintaining the "environment" where the rich can make their money.

Nobody has a bill printing press in their basements. That money made, comes from the favorable laws that enable some people to enjoy the right to earn more than others.

The whole debate about undocumented aliens is just that, that they have "no right" to earn money in the "environment" created by the same government, whose laws are there to enable the citizens and legal residents to "profit", some more than others, from these "artificially introduced" rights.

Otherwise, you can never complain about an illegal alien, who is simply exchanging his time, energy, skills, and labor, for an honest wage, like everyone else.

If the society were truly fair, you wouldn't need to worry about undocumented aliens coming in and taking jobs. Because you'd recognize that nobody gets something for nothing.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The reason the rich are supposed to pay more, is because the government is responsible for creating and maintaining the "environment" where the rich can make their money.

Something like the top 20% pays 84% of income taxes?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Why are they "African Americans "? Sounds pretty racist. Why are they not just Americans? Did they come from Africa? If they did, why are they on our welfare? You sound like you're trying to jerk my emotional chain. What other "culture" will be affected by this? What about "them" Americans. Unless you are just trying to make Trump sound like a racist? A "hater"? Sounds like some Americans need to "emigrate" to the work!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
Only the "illegal alien" is breaking the "law" by being there. It doesn't matter what he/she is "simply" doing. And probably doing it for a lot less than what the "law" says an American should be paid for it. "Nobody gets something for nothing". That is true. But somebody always gets something for less... They have the "right" to go home.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I say it's half and half, African Americans are dealt a crappy hand in life and being born in the inner cities makes it even harder with the constant lure of easy money, drugs and gang life, broken homes, parents addicted in jail or both. Those are some factors that cripple the African American community, what would help is self discipline, hard work ethic both in education and in work, better family structure, etc etc.

There is a complaint of lack of jobs in the hood, this is true but the residents of the hood need to work on their employability, education level and leave the hood to do the work that is not available in the hood. It is very hard to dig yourself out of poverty and it takes a lot of hard work and discipline but it can be done, some white people want to think that black people use it as a crutch but now white people in rural areas are now using the same excuses (lack of jobs) and falling in to problems, heroin, pills, meth, welfare. So it's not just a black issue it's an American issue.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Something like the top 20% pays 84% of income taxes?

if I made 50,000 dollars a year and paid 10% in taxes, I would pay 5,000 dollars....if you made 5 million dollars a year and paid 10%, you would pay 500,000 dollars in taxes.

combined income for both of us is 5,050,000 dollars, combined tax bill for both is 505,000, you would be paying close to 99% of our combined income taxes......and yet we both paid out 10% of our income
statistics can be used in a lot of "different" ways
edit on 3-7-2017 by jimmyx because: adds

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You already know. Thats a great example.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Like i said, the people let the government set this up. If we spent the last 200 years setting our system up for self sufficient purposes other then the government controling everything we would be fine. Again, like i said, its the peoples fault for not keeping our government in check and being lazy, in a nut shell...

Excellent point! The founding fathers expected us to always fight against too much government.

We need to turn back the clock on big gov

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Ah , People who Have the Opportunity to Work for a Living can Afford to Feed themselves . This President is Offering All of those who are Presently Suckling on the Government Teet an Alternative .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join