It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
well you wanted the shortest route to destruction you have it .
What your not bothering to count is 45 million on ebt and 200 k jobs a month on teh books ( the same 200 k each month mind you )
And only a hand full of that 200 k is living wages jobs .
yea cut off all welfare Detroit no jobs 900 k Chicago 2 million No jobs i could go one but dont expect tehse people top stay home and starve .
You people are just begging the government for them to take away all your rights .
cutting off welfare isn't just getting people off the dole as much as you would like that its taking that money OUT of the economy so its 70 billion less money being put into local businesses .
and of corse you no longer need 5 million Government works who prosses them .
and guess what your taxes wont be ONE DIME less . What you think they are going to say well now we dont need it so here ?
lord this is no easy fix just cutting it off grantes this country will be a dictatorship in a years time .
It would take edcuation and Jobs and rebuilding city's like Detroit to even start changing things .
But its what you want ( it jsut wont be zombies crashing through your door .

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Fact is you could still get a job there. Money is money. I walk 15 miles a day, and enjoy it for the most part, but other coworkers bitch. I won't see them quit though, because 30 dollars an hour isn't something you leave. Do you think anyone wants work though? Everyone has hobbies that can occupy their time. Having any excuse not to is just that, an excuse. Not a reason.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: crazyewok

I honestly wasn't expecting an answer that ignorant.

Its true though. your amount of welfare goes up when you have a child. to a point. too many kids and you get penalized.

No, it isn't. Black communities don't make a living from breeding. People there work like everyone else. Despite what people on the internet that don't live in those communities will tell you.

Seriously? I mean, is this something that people need to be told?

WTH is wrong with people.

it may not be true in your area but i have heard it from the food stamps peoples own mouths in South carolina. They even have work and volunteer exceptions if you have kids. They also gibe money to care for those kids because its cheaper than taking them all away to let DSS raise them.
So dont tel me about not living in those communities. I have and still do. clarendon county isnt rich.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
why does the race of the people matter again?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Fact is you could still get a job there. Money is money. I walk 15 miles a day, and enjoy it for the most part, but other coworkers bitch. I won't see them quit though, because 30 dollars an hour isn't something you leave. Do you think anyone wants work though? Everyone has hobbies that can occupy their time. Having any excuse not to is just that, an excuse. Not a reason.

When i say "can't" i mean they won't hire me. Apply, interview, get denied.

So unless you expect someone to magically work for a company without being on the payroll, it's a LITERAL impossibility.

Fact is, no i can't work there. Any fast food places that i applied to in recent years denied me.. physical mobility limitations also disqualify you from certain positions.

I am not talking about "willingness" vs "unwilling". I'm talking about companies refusing to hire someone.

Companies are the reason that people can't work. If they refuse to hire someone... then that person can't work there.

Now if someone refuses to apply in the first place, then they have their excuses but that's not what i was talking about.
edit on 2-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

9. African Americans were more likely to receive public assistance than other groups In 2012, an average of 41.6% of African Americans received means-tested benefits each month. About 18% of Asians or Pacific Islanders and 13% of whites received benefits each month. Thirty-six percent of Hispanics of any race received government assistance.

www.cheatsheet.com...

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries. The impact of these cuts would be devastating. Forty-three million Americans rely on SNAP. More than half of SNAP recipients are children or the elderly. Many are low-wage workers, trying to make ends meet in jobs that don’t pay enough to keep food on the table. Many more are families in extreme poverty — the 45% of the poor whose incomes are below half of the poverty line or below $850 in income a month for a family of three — for whom SNAP is a literal lifeline.

time.com...

Anyone taking food away from anyone is foolish. You don't cut food. You don't fight over food. You don't become jealous or hateful because someone is getting food. There is plenty of food to go around in the U.S.A.. and plenty wasted. Plenty to share too. Most who barely make ends meet who say they pay the taxes for someone so they can eat for free on an EBT card once a month have minimal taken out of their taxes that would even go to foodstamps. Bet none of it does, bet the tax taken out goes totally somewhere else. if they were genuine in saying they are barely getting by. If someone is making 50 thousand a year as a single person be grateful you are making that and if you think you're barely getting by on that you have a huge budgeting problem in comparison to those working a little above poverty level or at it. How the hell can anyone say they are barely getting by on that income then chew out the one who works but gets paid crap as if its them who has the budgeting problem? Ha ha. Um no. Scapegoating. Screw that.

Guess what? No one has earned squat when hateful attitudes are displayed towards people who are not home owners, who are denied sustainable living incomes in full-fledged industrialized societies. Or anywhere for that matter. It x's out your coveted college degree or what ever you think you earned that has a shiny sticker and your name on it that makes you think you worked so hard or that you're so much smarter or more special. X's it out. If you lost your heart you lost all. You have earned and are entitled to zero because your genetics read that as a big zero. Generationally you will cease to exist without your heart as you were designed to grow and thrive in LOVE with good attitudes.

Everybody gets food ok? In fact, everyone is going to get so much food we'll ship the excess to third world countries. Food. Food. Yay for FOOD. Never a complaint or want for it again. We'll make it happen. Ta flipping da. So take that bickering short sighted racist instigators of strife.

And where's the trillions of dollars missing from the Gov. announced by Rumsfield right before 9-11? Too scary and intimidating for you? Yeah ok, typical of the scared to pick on the downtrodden barely making it. Sure, focus on those food stamp scammers instead of white collar scammers. How is this place even ATS anymore with this filthy bickering over FREAKIN' food? Really ?

Share the damn bread!

edit on 2-7-2017 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteWingedMonolith

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

9. African Americans were more likely to receive public assistance than other groups In 2012, an average of 41.6% of African Americans received means-tested benefits each month. About 18% of Asians or Pacific Islanders and 13% of whites received benefits each month. Thirty-six percent of Hispanics of any race received government assistance.

www.cheatsheet.com...

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries. The impact of these cuts would be devastating. Forty-three million Americans rely on SNAP. More than half of SNAP recipients are children or the elderly. Many are low-wage workers, trying to make ends meet in jobs that don’t pay enough to keep food on the table. Many more are families in extreme poverty — the 45% of the poor whose incomes are below half of the poverty line or below $850 in income a month for a family of three — for whom SNAP is a literal lifeline.

time.com...

Anyone taking food away from anyone is foolish. You don't cut food. You don't fight over food. You don't become jealous or hateful because someone is getting food. There is plenty of food to go around in the U.S.A.. and plenty wasted. Plenty to share too. Most who barely make ends meet who say they pay the taxes for someone so they can eat for free on an EBT card once a month have minimal taken out of their taxes that would even go to foodstamps. Bet none of it does, bet the tax taken out goes totally somewhere else. if they were genuine in saying they are barely getting by. If someone is making 50 thousand a year as a single person be grateful you are making that and if you think you're barely getting by on that you have a huge budgeting problem in comparison to those working a little above poverty level or at it. How the hell can anyone say they are barely getting by on that income then chew out the one who works but gets paid crap as if its them who has the budgeting problem? Ha ha. Um no. Scapegoating. Screw that.

Guess what? No one has earned squat when hateful attitudes are displayed towards people who are not home owners, who are denied sustainable living incomes in full-fledged industrialized societies. Or anywhere for that matter. It x's out your coveted college degree or what ever you think you earned that has a shiny sticker and your name on it that makes you think you worked so hard or that you're so much smarter or more special. X's it out. If you lost your heart you lost all. You have earned and are entitled to zero because your genetics read that as a big zero. Generationally you will cease to exist without your heart as you were designed to grow and thrive in LOVE with good attitudes.

Everybody gets food ok? In fact, everyone is going to get so much food we'll ship the excess to third world countries. Food. Food. Yay for FOOD. Never a complaint or want for it again. We'll make it happen. Ta flipping da. So take that bickering short sighted racist instigators of strife.

And where's the trillions of dollars missing from the Gov. announced by Rumsfield right before 9-11? Too scary and intimidating for you? Yeah ok, typical of the scared to pick on the downtrodden barely making it. Sure, focus on those food stamp scammers instead of white collar scammers. How is this place even ATS anymore with this filthy bickering over FREAKIN' food? Really ?

Share the damn bread!

What's that old saying again?
Give a man a fish and he eats for today. Teach a man to fish and he feeds his family

Perhaps it is high time we investigate those that are physically and mentally able to learn to fish are taught how to do so, instead of giving them free fish and making them dependent upon the government? The reason for the dependency is the political advantage of the votes one gets from those receiving the "free stuff", at the expense of those that fish for a living needing to work more to subsidize those "free things".

But then, I already know how to fish, and have been doing so for 5 decades. I've even taught others to successfully fish over that time.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Usually when SNAP comes up, you get two arguments. One is what your version is -- people will starve to death and die without it.

The other version is that SNAP is a paltry pittance and so it's really insignificant in the grand scheme of things and wouldn't do anything to balance the budget to cut it.

I'm not really sure how we can have it both ways.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Usually when SNAP comes up, you get two arguments. One is what your version is -- people will starve to death and die without it.

The other version is that SNAP is a paltry pittance and so it's really insignificant in the grand scheme of things and wouldn't do anything to balance the budget to cut it.

Create a new program like foodnet... no money involved just donations and volunteers. Oh and no gov involvement. Is completely handled locally.

Problem solved.

The above can replace snap.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Take it from, work 50-60 hours a week and I am studying during all of my time off for the CCNA exam. Recently got through all the CompTIA exams. If I had a full time girlfriend or a kid I would be screwed.

This is the problem, it takes shear brute force hard work for years to get ahead.

It's insane. We need to make life more about living and less about money.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Take it from, work 50-60 hours a week and I am studying during all of my time off for the CCNA exam. Recently got through all the CompTIA exams. If I had a full time girlfriend or a kid I would be screwed.

This is the problem, it takes shear brute force hard work for years to get ahead.

It's insane. We need to make life more about living and less about money.

Why?
I did the same. Many I know did the same. Heck, my dad worked 3 jobs when I was a kid to raise our family. Never was life easy, never. If anyone told you that, they were lying to you. We have it easier now than anytime n recorded history.

Anything worth a damn is hard-earned.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye Great they can work for a living- work for a check theirs lots they can do. They have been on the gravy train for 50 years.It's Not working for them-if somethings not working you need to change it. / I agree with Irishhaf below audit the waste and fraud.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Life isnt easier. Our ammenities are but we're the first generation that will be poorer than our parents.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You have to ask in an era of a Black President and numerous black white house staff why HALF of Black America is on benefits. Say what you like about Obama but he worked hard, used the education system and did the graft to be in his position yet half of America's black folk don't do this.

You have to ask why this is the case and unless you are a SJW of epic scale you will soon see that its not about hundreds year old slavery issues etc, its about CHOICE and what you can make from the system. I see so many of these so called poor people in the USA driving around in big nice cars, I wish I could do that.

America to me in the UK seems split, there's the so called poor and the real poor who normally are black folks, the genuinely poor are usually more elderly and struggling but then you have the so called poor who are perfectly well in health although in many cases obese who drive around in nice cars, have numerous kids and can afford what I'd call luxury items yet some how these people are on benefits yet living well above that level.

Don't worry, its not much different here in the UK except its people of all colour abusing the system, I could point out countless white folks here claiming for disability and benefits yet working on the side, selling drugs and other issues that get left alone no matter who you tell.

Basically when there's benefits to be had there's going to be fraud of an epic scale, just look at the Grenfell Tower fire here in London, the UK government have promised no legal action against those who were sub letting their flats, the reason is to quickly find just who and how many died and its the right thing to do but it does not hide the fact that we know that many of the families were sub letting their flats and looking at the victims it seems most were immigrants to the UK seeking a new life yet straight away the old benefit cheat card was used by numbers of these people.

Again the point here is that no matter what is done as long as benefits are freely offered you will get fraud, its time real checks were done to root out the real from the not so real so those who are proper folk get the cash they need while the fraudsters get booted off the system and made to work like most of the folk out there.

America must be fed up of seeing people demanding they get looked after while dressed in expensive gear and living a life well above the poor status while doing NOTHING to support themselves.

Lets not forget that benefits come from the tax of working people mainly, its NOT a bottomless pit, sometimes it takes measures to weed out the fraudsters, sometimes these steps are aimed at the disabled as a cheap shot but no matter what people think these steps must be done in some form, there's far too many folk abusing the system and if you have never put in then why should you expect free money from working age till you die, yes there are exceptions but if you CHOOSE to not work but can then you are taking the mickey out of EVERY ONE.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2017 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

Create a new program like foodnet... no money involved just donations and volunteers. Oh and no gov involvement. Is completely handled locally.

Problem solved.

Here is the problem People confuse SNAP(strictly for food) with Welfare assistance. SNAP is a pittance for a person IF they are single. 190 dollars a month in SC. Now the amount goes up the more kids you have each time 190 bucks.(estimate there btw might be diff scale)

Now IF you have kids you ALSO QUALIFY for WELFARE ASSISTANCE if you have no job. SNAP is also for people out of a job too so thats a point of confusion between these programs and where they get lumped together due to their same qualifications.
SNAP is in need of serious vetting and investigation for people with BOTH SNAP and welfare assistance. That is where the fraud is coming from.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

But we've told by the propaganda arm of the DNC, the MSM, for a decade that Whites make up the majority of food stamp recipients.

Therefore this is fake and racist by the way.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

Problem solved.

Here is the problem People confuse SNAP(strictly for food) with Welfare assistance. SNAP is a pittance for a person IF they are single. 190 dollars a month in SC. Now the amount goes up the more kids you have each time 190 bucks.(estimate there btw might be diff scale)

Now IF you have kids you ALSO QUALIFY for WELFARE ASSISTANCE if you have no job. SNAP is also for people out of a job too so thats a point of confusion between these programs and where they get lumped together due to their same qualifications.
SNAP is in need of serious vetting and investigation for people with BOTH SNAP and welfare assistance. That is where the fraud is coming from.

That makes sense. I don't have kids so i couldn't make any reference to welfare or wic.

I was merely speaking to the food part. I'm not well versed in any other benefits offered under SNAP.
edit on 3-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Life isnt easier. Our ammenities are but we're the first generation that will be poorer than our parents.

I beg to differ, life IS easier.
Do you worry about kids contracting polio? No.
Do you worry about dying from the Flu? No.
Are you in fear of eating Medium/Rare meat, and contracting a pathogen that will kill you? No.
Are you worried the water that you drink will give you dysentery? No. (unless you live in Flint, MI)
Worries over jobs, food, having a roof over your head, etc... have always been there. They are basic worries and needs...they re not special.

The fact that we have less worries today, given the same basic struggles, is an indicator we have it easier today.

As for the "first generation that will be poorer than our parents", that is a laugh. Try looking into history prior to WWI or even WWII. The vast majority of families were not wealthy and struggled to simply SURVIVE, let alone prosper.

ETA: The simple fact you have the Internet and immediate access to the knowledge of the entire world is another indicator. Are you concerned that you or your children will not have the opportunity to be educated and literate because you cannot afford it? No.

edit on 7/3/2017 by Krakatoa because: Added additional thoughts

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well SNAP only covers food so there are no other benefits to it than that.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well SNAP only covers food so there are no other benefits to it than that.

I see. So a foodnet like program would solve the food issue thus one less system to scam

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join