It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump aiming to cut food stamps and starve poor, mostly African Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Irishhaf
While I do not necessarily agree with this, Snap needs a serious audit.. so many people gaming the system so they can keep their benefits while driving a brand new escalade because their common law husband/wife makes really good money... but since they dont have the court house paper saying they are married they can stay on snap sucking up money that could be used to actually help people.

The federal reserve privatized banking institution and their non-legally bound obligation to fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing has done more damage to this nation - and its populace - than welfare queens, anchor babies, etc etc could ever hope to do themselves.

People on welfare drive brand new Escalades? What world do you live in?

Yes, its called collect welfare, and sell drugs on the side. What world do you live in that you can't see that happening? Might be hard to see it from a gated community.

Gated community?

Hahahahahahah enjoy your fourth, and continue your baseless assertions of things you clearly know nothing about.

So you backpeddle your claim, then? It's not people on welfare driving around in brand new escaldes - it's people on welfare selling drugs riding around in new escalades.

Just another day in the world of #alternativefacts

Ummm...which would clearly indicate what he initially stated...there are people on welfare driving Escalades...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
We probably throw away so much food that SNAP helps "sell" produce that wasn't going to be sold. Instead we should probably focus on the Govt Act Office GAO reports of trillions in "errors" by the dept of defense, I think it was something like 50k per person straight up missing, the average years wage i believe. SNAP is around 50-70 billion a year. Also I remember reading a while ago that social security has way too many recipients over a certain age to suggest millions of fraud cases, basically burying grandma in the backyard and cashing the checks

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Food stamp reform is not racial, you cannot say cutting the program has any racial target. If a lot of blacks are getting this benefit, it is time to get more jobs created so they can make a better living and be more self supporting. The whole help programs were not intended to support many people, they were designed to help people in need. We need to fix the problem, not throw money at it.

I don't know how consensus of society got so messed up. I do not know how we got to a point where half of the black people need assistance, I suppose we exported all the jobs that supported our people. Bring back some factories that make things we need, those factories supplied a living wage and free health insurance before. We have gone down the tubes into a welfare nation and if we do not correct the problem most of us will be broke and starving in ten years but of course, we will still have eight hundred dollar cell phones and great cell coverage at only fifty bucks a month.

Our economy is in serious trouble and because the Democrats want to keep making everyone dependent on our governent to survive, it is only going to get worse. That is actually a major political ploy, make people think they need the government so they can survive. What happens when a major issue happens? everything collapses, we need to take care of ourselves not be slaves of society. We should be a group of individual people trying to live symbiotically with others in our society, not give people money and force them to stay in poverty. Create more work for people then maybe if they need extra food, supply them with what they need. A lot of our food is even imported, we can't even grow all our food anymore, we have to enslave others to grow our food at low wages to keep them just surviving too.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

More whites receive food stamps than African Americans. I am not talking percentages, I am talking total numbers.
If we cut food stamp benefits, it will affect more whites than blacks.... which would make Trump a racist....
Against whites?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

WTF? There are more white people on food stamps than any other demographic fool! Prove me wrong!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group.

Isn't that the real racism? That progressives and big government have left the African American community in ruins. They will be far better off without welfare and with jobs.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Irishhaf
While I do not necessarily agree with this, Snap needs a serious audit.. so many people gaming the system so they can keep their benefits while driving a brand new escalade because their common law husband/wife makes really good money... but since they dont have the court house paper saying they are married they can stay on snap sucking up money that could be used to actually help people.

The federal reserve privatized banking institution and their non-legally bound obligation to fractional reserve banking and quantitative easing has done more damage to this nation - and its populace - than welfare queens, anchor babies, etc etc could ever hope to do themselves.

People on welfare drive brand new Escalades? What world do you live in?

Yes, its called collect welfare, and sell drugs on the side. What world do you live in that you can't see that happening? Might be hard to see it from a gated community.

Gated community?

Hahahahahahah enjoy your fourth, and continue your baseless assertions of things you clearly know nothing about.

So you backpeddle your claim, then? It's not people on welfare driving around in brand new escaldes - it's people on welfare selling drugs riding around in new escalades.

Just another day in the world of #alternativefacts

Do you even understand what you just said?

I clearly stated that the system is abused, I explained how it is abused, and I pointed out the result of the abuse. Nowhere did I claim every person on social assistance is a drug dealer. *smh*

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There isn't so much opportunity for work. Machines are taking over people's jobs left and rights, and its' only getting worse. These self order panels sprung on in McDonald's, taking a lot of jobs. Capitalists invest billions in AI to replace as many people as they can.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The one where mommy and daddy have three or four anchor babies who are US citizens, and they are all entitled to benefits because of it. However, by law, the social worker signing up the kids for welfare cannot ask what mommy and/or daddy are bringing in in terms of income because they are not legal citizens. So the family draws full benefits for each of the kids who legally make zero income, and then mommy and/or daddy make full income under the table and aren't taxed to supplement those benefits.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group. Trump doing this is racist. It would starve millions of African Americans.

Almost half of African Americans are on welfare, by far more than any other group.

Isn't that the real racism? That progressives and big government have left the African American community in ruins. They will be far better off without welfare and with jobs.

Not only that, but it's also racist to just assume that it's only African-Americans who will suffer from it and that if they don't get it, they are screwed and could not fend for themselves in any other way because they are that inferior to everyone else in the country.

That's a racist attitude too, but don't point that out to the OP.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the elite and government can't have it both ways. The people all own the land and resources equally and therefore everyone has their own acre and gardens and greenhouses and aquaponics and solar, and they can survive just about anything thrown at them, and the rest are extra's.

OR, if thats not the case, then the musical chair system, needs to provide homes, for all, no homeless, without anyone taking any of it back, not for traffic, crimes prison anything. Its always yours and you can trade for another one elsewhere, AND FOOD.

One way or the other.

The trickle down effect is a lie.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

There isn't so much opportunity for work. Machines are taking over people's jobs left and rights, and its' only getting worse. These self order panels sprung on in McDonald's, taking a lot of jobs. Capitalists invest billions in AI to replace as many people as they can.

I'm calling horse hockey on this.
Unless you're saying all an african american can aspire to is a menial service job?

There ARE jobs out there but you have to apply, show up, be drug free and THEN speak intelligibly and stay off your cell phone while on the time clock. I know, it's asking a lot. We can't find people to fill jobs where I am cause the drug free ones won't put down their phones, or show back up after day 3. When I did retail there was the whole showing up on time for shift and dress code issues.

Those who I've run across on welfare and snap are actually gaming the system and proud of it. Altho I know some seniors who are as well and they are not. While I think Trump needs to deal with Taxes first and not mess up healthcare more than it already is, he's right. Snap and welfare do need looked at. However the caveat is so do the stores accepting it and the banks who get their cut due to providing the reloadable cards. It's a flawed system and EVERYONE is abusing it all the way down the line.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have a question... Is this a bad thing?

But that dignity is in danger. President Donald Trump has proposed to cut nearly $200 billion out of SNAP. His budget would shift a large percentage of the program’s cost to states, allowing individual governors and state legislatures to shrink benefits and exclude beneficiaries.

I think the narrative should be to shrink or GROW benefits. Isn't this where we would want all this, at the State level? Some States need little, other need more. The people of that State can vote who they want in office as in a more socialized system or not. In the end the people of the State should get what they deem best for their state.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

That thing about showing up on time and not being on your cell phone is endemic to more than just African-Americans.

But I know what you mean. There is a serious problem with basic work ethic in this country.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
My bad, I meant people on welfare & snap in general, not singling out African Americans on that one!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You have to have child to benefit from snap without working, otherwise you do have to work. At least occasionally. That is why you see a lot of welfare people get short term jobs every few months.

But I think the whole system is broke, and unless your making serious illegal cash... Life on welfare blows... Before giving your opinion try living on it.... Its not easy street.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Notably0ffbeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notably0ffbeat

But I think the whole system is broke, and unless your making serious illegal cash... Life on welfare blows... Before giving your opinion try living on it.... Its not easy street.

No matter what program we have it will suck, but some people will choose the no need work living lifestyle no matter how bad it will be for them if we give them that path in life.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I personally have seen the abuses of the entire system and I was put back on my heels when I saw it first hand.

This entire system is rife with abuse from HMRA, Medicare, Medicaid, disability, SNAP, TANF, WIC, SS, SSDI, Sec. 8, etc. etc. etc. etc.

When lawyers can make a living to get you on these programs, that is the first sign.

mg

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Only sarcasm is your remark,the post didn't imply it,this site is about denying ignorance,posting such things is fueling ignorance

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Almost 70% of the armed forces is on public assistance in one form or another.

Did you know that?

He wants to reform the system. Count beans....No where did he argue he was going to "cut food stamps to blacks"

Your entire focus on race is a bit much.

Its also kind of racist.

edit on 7 2 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join