It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The F-35 Can Manuever After All!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I caught that. That's almost 100% the software.

My guess is that the software needs to be aggressive with the elevator to precisely control that heavy of an aircraft at subsonic speeds. The pulsing deflections almost reminded me of watching a rally car driver work the steering wheel.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed out a somewhat rough flight control software patch specifically for the display that gave them the flight performance parameters that they wanted to show off..

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Just like the F-35C that landed on the carrier over and over again in precisely the right spot, it is hard to get the F-35 to do something that it's computer doesn't want to do perfectly. I imagine that for airshows when you want the aircraft to kind of do thing's "against the grain" an aircraft like the F-35 is going to fight it the entire time.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And nobody is giving the old Soviet Union nearly enough credit for it's role in starting the whole mess in the Middle East in the first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Computers have been flying planes for a while..84

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

It's like the whole thing started when 9-11 happened...prior to that, it was all sweetness and light.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join