It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone had an encounter with someone you thought was normal but now you think they aren't human?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I wish I'd never started reading this thread. I don't want to think about it.....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
Well his diet is questionable. You never know who's going to be for dinner.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

My ex-wife.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Never thought of that but I always kept an eye on my children-very cautious. It was during the Jacob Wetterling disappearance and it spooks me to this day.

(post by MConnalley removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Thank you judiciously.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
A really good friend one time when he was young had a woman try to enter the back door of his house about 9 AM. She was wearing a shroud and his mother blocked her way. She asked, "Which way is my grave"? There's a cemetery near and it was a foggy day so his mom sent him out in his car to find out if she was okay. She couldn't be found anywhere but the running gag between us to this day which way is my grave. Unknown and my best,

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yes, I do think there are many mysteries in this world. Sometimes, we may have an encounter which we cannot explain. I think there are different kinds of being here with opposite 'missions'- some are to observe, others to test you, some to help you grow and give you wisdom and then there are the truly bad ones. They seek to 'take' and to destroy.

I believe I have seen the observer kind, and been tested and helped- I think this is the majority of them. What stays most in my mind is the bad ones as they are frightening.

They could just be humans too- I have no proof to offer you.

Here's a small part of an experience I had. My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer- it is very aggressive. She had no health insurance and her finances were dire. Although we didn't get along well and I had moved far away to create a new life, I decided to move back to her town and support her financially and emotionally. I found a good job immediately.

My heart wasn't in it, and I resented her. Even though I went through the motions, I also acted like an ass and frequently highlighted anything she did that annoyed me- I was terribly wrong.

After being there for only a short time, I was badly injured in a car accident and not only could I not help her, I needed to be taken care of around the clock. For the first time in my adult life, I couldn't walk, drive, clean or even stay awake long. She had to take me to doctors and hospitals and therapy. Not one time did she complain. You would think being made helpless would help me to understand my poor treatment of her, be humbled and change- but instead I became more ornery.

I thought a lot about my life, and what I thought i wanted and everything suddenly seemed empty and pointless.

Most nights, if I slept at all, I had the same dream. It wasn't like a movie, the same scene played over and over. I would see this man- he was a beautiful warrior with a sword and his expression was fierce, yet at the same time loving. He looked at me like a best friend who loved me entire, yet also seemed like he might have wanted to kick my behind.

Mom and I had to go on a 12 hour road trip, I did not want to go at all. It was for a religious event and at the time, I was kind of an atheist. At this conference, I thought I had a hallucination. I looked up and saw the man from my dreams floating in the air with wings. He said nothing, just made sure I saw him. When no one else reacted, I resolved to tell my mother about it when we got home so she could take me to the hospital- I thought I finally lost it and was terrified.

The last part of the trip was a visit to a monastery with a bookstore. I was going to wait in the car, but after 30 minutes I went inside to look for my mother. The place was packed, and I was uncomfortable and overwhelmed- I couldn't find her.

This old jovial monk was looking at me, waving and smiling. I pretended not to see him- this amused him. He laughed at me from across the room and clasped his hands in delight. He left the room, but came back carrying a box and approached me. He told me he had been saving this box for me for years and was so glad I was finally here to pick it up.

I told him he was confusing me for someone else. He said no he was sure the box was mine and said my name. My name is unusual. He knew my last name. He was gentle, but persistent. I was still denying it and just trying to get away from him.

Then he paused for a minute, and said, 'Perhaps this will help. ' He reached into the box and pulled out a small painting of the man in my dreams. I burst into tears. He said he knew I was coming for years and years, and the contents of the box would help me figure out the right questions, the answers would take a lifetime.

We only spoke for a few minutes when my mom found me. I turned and hugged her, I was suddenly filed with such joy and peace. I knew going forward would be hard, and I would have to change a lot, but I knew I could do it.

When I turned around, the monk was gone. I asked mom where he went, she said she didn't see any one standing with me. After a few minutes of looking for him, I began to ask the people at the desk for info so I could properly thank him. They were confused, they said no monk fit the description and that the order did not wear robes.

My mind was blown. The box had books in it on philosophy, history and religion as well as other things (I'm sticking to the topic). It sparked an amazing journey I am still on. Mom's cancer was spontaneously healed within days or she was misdiagnosed (if you need to think so) and we did heal our relationship (as I changed, it became much better).

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayaangel

Yes, I do think there are many mysteries in this world. Sometimes, we may have an encounter which we cannot explain. I think there are different kinds of being here with opposite 'missions'- some are to observe, others to test you, some to help you grow and give you wisdom and then there are the truly bad ones. They seek to 'take' and to destroy.

I believe I have seen the observer kind, and been tested and helped- I think this is the majority of them. What stays most in my mind is the bad ones as they are frightening.

They could just be humans too- I have no proof to offer you.

Here's a small part of an experience I had. My mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer- it is very aggressive. She had no health insurance and her finances were dire. Although we didn't get along well and I had moved far away to create a new life, I decided to move back to her town and support her financially and emotionally. I found a good job immediately.

My heart wasn't in it, and I resented her. Even though I went through the motions, I also acted like an ass and frequently highlighted anything she did that annoyed me- I was terribly wrong.

After being there for only a short time, I was badly injured in a car accident and not only could I not help her, I needed to be taken care of around the clock. For the first time in my adult life, I couldn't walk, drive, clean or even stay awake long. She had to take me to doctors and hospitals and therapy. Not one time did she complain. You would think being made helpless would help me to understand my poor treatment of her, be humbled and change- but instead I became more ornery.

I thought a lot about my life, and what I thought i wanted and everything suddenly seemed empty and pointless.

Most nights, if I slept at all, I had the same dream. It wasn't like a movie, the same scene played over and over. I would see this man- he was a beautiful warrior with a sword and his expression was fierce, yet at the same time loving. He looked at me like a best friend who loved me entire, yet also seemed like he might have wanted to kick my behind.

Mom and I had to go on a 12 hour road trip, I did not want to go at all. It was for a religious event and at the time, I was kind of an atheist. At this conference, I thought I had a hallucination. I looked up and saw the man from my dreams floating in the air with wings. He said nothing, just made sure I saw him. When no one else reacted, I resolved to tell my mother about it when we got home so she could take me to the hospital- I thought I finally lost it and was terrified.

The last part of the trip was a visit to a monastery with a bookstore. I was going to wait in the car, but after 30 minutes I went inside to look for my mother. The place was packed, and I was uncomfortable and overwhelmed- I couldn't find her.

This old jovial monk was looking at me, waving and smiling. I pretended not to see him- this amused him. He laughed at me from across the room and clasped his hands in delight. He left the room, but came back carrying a box and approached me. He told me he had been saving this box for me for years and was so glad I was finally here to pick it up.

I told him he was confusing me for someone else. He said no he was sure the box was mine and said my name. My name is unusual. He knew my last name. He was gentle, but persistent. I was still denying it and just trying to get away from him.

Then he paused for a minute, and said, 'Perhaps this will help. ' He reached into the box and pulled out a small painting of the man in my dreams. I burst into tears. He said he knew I was coming for years and years, and the contents of the box would help me figure out the right questions, the answers would take a lifetime.

We only spoke for a few minutes when my mom found me. I turned and hugged her, I was suddenly filed with such joy and peace. I knew going forward would be hard, and I would have to change a lot, but I knew I could do it.

When I turned around, the monk was gone. I asked mom where he went, she said she didn't see any one standing with me. After a few minutes of looking for him, I began to ask the people at the desk for info so I could properly thank him. They were confused, they said no monk fit the description and that the order did not wear robes.

My mind was blown. The box had books in it on philosophy, history and religion as well as other things (I'm sticking to the topic). It sparked an amazing journey I am still on. Mom's cancer was spontaneously healed within days or she was misdiagnosed (if you need to think so) and we did heal our relationship (as I changed, it became much better).

That's whacky and reminds me of when I was a kid and went into a little bookshop run by a church, I was looking for the Stanley Gibbons stamps price guide (a mini version) that I knew they stocked.

I walked out of the shop and a guy ran after me calling my name - I didn't have a clue who he was I'd never seen him before, he said - here, this is for you and gave me a big manila envelope then walked off.

It was full of stamps.

I don't think there was anything rare or even old in there but it's something I've never been able to work out - how he knew me, or just happened to have a big envelope of stamps when I'd just bought a book on stamps.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I haven't met him personally, but I'm pretty sure that Bobo is a Squatch

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
a reply to: MousygretchenYou have zero perspective, your a contributing factor to the intellectual dulling of ATS. I am absolutely serious.

This isn't the mudpit. No reason for this kind of snarky BS!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well for one me, I refuse to consider myself Human I'm nothing like those savages.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel
Galadriel, did you by chance post this story some time ago? As I was reading it I had the strongest sense of deja vu, especially when you started to talk about meeting the being with all the layers of clothing. As soon as I read that, I knew you were going to say they looked like a bird. I remember you mentioning the beak and the rose you were given. I kept checking the date of the post, just couldn't believe it was just a couple of days ago. I remember reading this possibly a couple of years ago!

Tell me you posted this before and I'm not crazy.

Another odd thing; just today my husband and I took a short trip and on the way back I saw a tiny bird standing in the other lane of the road, I think it was a baby kildeer and it was chirping. My thought was to stop and help it off of the road but other cars were coming immediately down that side of the road and there was just no time. All I could do was hope it got out of the way.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
amazing thread! sadly there are a lot of dumbass 12 year old trolls hickjacking this thread with crap like hurr durr my ex-wife or [insert politician name here]

You must be a real blast at parties. Zero sense of humor.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Interesting! Were the stamps special, or did they point you in a slightly different direction? Maybe you were meant to be encouraged in this hobby. Good mystery- he knew your name.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Met a guy coming out of a barber shop in the rain. Black eyes remembered well. He asked for a cigarette. The next words out of his mouth were something like: "So many people I have met lately are very sick or even dead." Happy Feet.... Ran to my car as fast as I could. The guy is still standing there in the rain.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
A teenage girl standing on our porch.
She said she was running from the rain.
My son said that girl doesn't have eyes.
Your post sounds like part of lyrics to a really cool song!

I don't like the ideas of angels trying to test our generosity as panhandlers in this day and age with psychopathic predators like Ted Bundy pretending to need help and then abducting innocent people. I will try to be generous and altruistic as a good Christian should, but I follow the same stranger danger guidelines for myself that I set for the kids. I avoid strangers and panhandlers because I've had experience of them turning aggressive and scary. Also, I was almost abducted as a kid and that has scarred me for life, so if an angel has a problem with me not stopping to fish money out of my purse unless a lot of other people are around, well tough cookies.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I had a freaky encounter once.

I was in the middle of the city I lived in here in France. At that time, I didn't speak french yet and was spending much of my time hiking alone, meditating, kinda going through a spiritual growth period.

I was walking the middle of a square, looking down at thr ground, and suddenly heard a voice say "Hey!". I looked up and there was a man sitting on a bench I was passing. He had dark skin, and my first thought was that he was native american. That was a strange impression because I am in the middle of France, and this was not a big touristy -type city or anything. We never saw foriegners there (except me, of course). Nobody spoke english there.

He said , "Hi ______." (my first name), with a mexican accent. At least that was how I immediately heard the accent to be from. He gave me a big grin and then started laughing loudly. I was confused and there was something sort of menacing about the way he was looking at me and laughing - as if he was mocking me and really enjoying the shcok and bewilderment I was in. Like that was exactly what he intended.

I was so troubled I diverted my eyes and continued walking a few more steps past him. Then I turned my head back to look at him again, and he was gone! I stopped in my tracks and stood there staring at the bench with my mouth agape.

It was really weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Years ago, I had an encounter that might fit here. I was walking home after work one night, about 10pm, during an absolute belter of a thunderstorm, the kind where the rain comes down at the speed of sound and bounces vertically back up from the pavement, while thunder and lightning cracks and booms continuously.

As I approached the last turning to my street, I could see a trio of people just standing there, in the darker area equidistant between two streetlights. Two short ones and a taller one. Just standing. As I drew near, I saw the tall one was a woman with longish black hair, that was plastered to her scalp like rat-tails by the rain, and a knitted cardigan with pork-pie buttons that was hanging off her in huge sags and bags where it was waterlogged.

I could never remember what she said to me, or how it got started, but somehow she sort of manoeuvred me into a conversation about crime, and kept firing questions at me, getting louder and more manic with each question, while I got more and more unsettled.

In the end, she started screaming at me about being burgled, and all I can remember is her shrieking "You are helpless! Helpless! No-one can do anything! You are helpless!"

All this time I was being whipped and buffeted by the wind and rain and the thunder and lightning was flashing and banging in a way that you would think was exaggerated if it were featured in a movie.

Then I happened to glance down at one of the shorter figures with her. It was what appeared to be a little girl, wearing a red anorak, with the hood pulled tightly around her head so you couldn't see her face. But she was built like a miniature weightlifter - you could see that her shoulders were like a bricklayer's and her arms were so bulging that the anorak sleeves were stretched taut around them. But she had on a pair of plimsoles, long white socks, and a pleated skirt. And she was just standing there, completely motionless, with the rain cascading down her anorak in rivulets.

Have you ever seen Don't Look Now? If you have, you will know where I'm coming from.

Reader, I cracked and fled, and as I ran helter skelter up the street, the tall one screamed after me: "Helpless! Helpless! There's nothing you can do! Nothing!"

I glanced back just as I turned onto my street, and they were still just standing there, with the rain hammering down on them.

When I got in, I was seriously so unsettled that before I'd even taken my soaked coat off, I went right through the house (trailing water everywhere) and opened every cupboard and checked behind all the furniture to make sure that I hadn't locked myself in with God-knows-what.

I have no recollection of the third figure in the trio, but the first two were more than enough. If I believed in witchcraft, I mean real proper horror-film level witchcraft, I would swear I met witches that night. I have absolutely no idea what on Earth that encounter was all about.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join