It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I'm pretty sure the child will be smart enough to figure it out through TVs and the Internet.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Abysha

Gender, apparently, doesn't rely on if you have the right body parts any more.

The world is a very weird place.

That is what gender dysphoria is and it's extremely rare. Imagine that for the intersex babies that was surgerically altered and the babies grew up to feel they are the opposite sex. Would we say they are wrong and confused?

Being brought up genderless has the possibilities of causing gender dysphoria. I'm not saying it will, just it might.

With intersex babies, it's also a whole grey area of anatomy that I don't know enough to comment about.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I see your point. Raising it as a genderless child could have a psychological impact on it.
Hmm. But then again we'll see when it hits puberty.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I'm not making a molehill lol.

I've been talking in hypotheticals for pretty much the whole thread.

At the end of the day, if little Jimmy grows up a boy and decides he wants to be a girl? It's fine with me. I don't see a problem with it.

I do, however, see possible bad psychological issues with this child. Hypothetically

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yeah. I see your point.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

By who's standards?

A genderless baby?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't even know what a penis or vagina is yet.

The poster.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

No issue with the debate here. Just observing how people are making a molehill over this.
BTW you keep talking about the direction of our society. What exactly do you mean?

From what i can see... and admittedly my eyesight may be narrow..

I see our society moving away from most limitations.

Limitations on sexual identity, gender identity, etc.

The song by John Lennon "Imagine" comes to mind.

1984, A Brave New World, etc.

To some extent i see this as cautiously good but there's a bit of fear there also especially in relation to an Androgynous society.

This was explored a bit in a Star Trek episode (been binge watching so i'm making connections here) and i'm comfortable with the ideas presented for the most part but choice is very important to me.

The idea of forcing a specific idea onto a child bothers me when its this new.

It's like watching episodes of Doctor Who right after his regeneration when you're comfortable with the Doctor before and aren't sure what to make of it. Then you see a few Episodes and you think "cool doctor!"

I feel that as we see society shifting into these new social norms, it will become less scary and eventually we might ask ourselves why we would have wanted it any other way.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Your reply immediately conjured up an image of David Bowie during his androgynous years! Yes, I am that old!!!

I was thinking recently on how much the world has changed in such a short time, I can't keep up. About a month ago my niece told her parents that she was bi-sexual. Which, is fine by me - love the person, not the gender - but it all gets very confusing sometimes. I talked about it with my daughter who said, "Mom, that's nothing. It's 2017! Anything goes!"

Soooo, back to the days of picking yellow and light green onesies for baby showers. I thought they were over since new parents were able to find out the baby's gender before they were born.

I'm just getting too friggin old.....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You should watch THX-1138 if you haven't.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

You should watch THX-1138 if you haven't.

Never heard of it... will have to watch! Thanks

You play the role of devil's advocate very well.

edit on 1-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That is going to be one super screwed up kid. Child abuse imo.

link   
The point is this will make it less rare. It's starting with things like this. The OP is but one example of how the LGBTIQ community have won their rights. If it was even their idea in the first place, but they might have been used.

We are slowly being taught to embrace this.
We are all trying to keep the peace by saying we don't care if you wish to change your gender. Started off we found it odd , but now we're ok with it.

Next we will be on board with babies having the alteration surgery right at birth. Might sound far fetched right now but it could well be in the cards. The argument might be but how do they reproduce? That's already been sorted by the ever popularizing baby making techniques that don't require intercourse. Another LGBT idea. So same sex couples can have children. Oh and what about being robbed of our sex lives? That will be considered something stupid humans used to engage in. Far fetched yes , but entirely plausible.

Society is changing all around us.
I expected other things

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If you can decide your sex, why can't you decide your race? FYI I am now a Native American and would like some college tuition waivers please. Maybe I should get hold of Pocahontas Warren and ask for advice.

I am balck now give me welfare, reparations and affermative action places!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Looks like I replied to something I didn't read properly.

Meh. It's 530am and I'm overdue my bed by about 5 hours. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Fricken loops.

If it has a Penis it's a boy.
If it has a vagina it's a girl.

Jesus H Christ, What has the bloody world come too.

It's gone way too far.

The funny thing is they actually entertained this???? and issued a card!!! Crazy

There are no chicks with dicks only guys with tits

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Should have to have a license to have kids. These parents wouldn't qualify.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
Fricken loops.

If it has a Penis it's a boy.
If it has a vagina it's a girl.

Jesus H Christ, What has the bloody world come too.

It's gone way too far.

The funny thing is they actually entertained this???? and issued a card!!! Crazy

There are no chicks with dicks only guys with tits

Moobs.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Oh

My

God

Stupid is as stupid does in this case. This is not a great win, it's a great leap backwards.

What was Darwin's theory of evolution again? Survival of the..... Gender ambiguous? Pretty sure that was not it.
As a species we really are devolving. It's quite frightening.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Actualy those people in Idiocracy wouldn't accept gender dysphoria.
"You talk like a f## and your s###'s all retarded".

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
The point is this will make it less rare. It's starting with things like this. The OP is but one example of how the LGBTIQ community have won their rights. If it was even their idea in the first place, but they might have been used.

We are slowly being taught to embrace this.
We are all trying to keep the peace by saying we don't care if you wish to change your gender. Started off we found it odd , but now we're ok with it.

Next we will be on board with babies having the alteration surgery right at birth. Might sound far fetched right now but it could well be in the cards. The argument might be but how do they reproduce? That's already been sorted by the ever popularizing baby making techniques that don't require intercourse. Another LGBT idea. So same sex couples can have children. Oh and what about being robbed of our sex lives? That will be considered something stupid humans used to engage in. Far fetched yes , but entirely plausible.

Society is changing all around us.
I expected other things

What if the "greys" (assuming they exist) are us from the future trying to fix something that went wrong in the past but instead are creating the exact issue that they were trying to correct?

Aka in the future we're adrogynous and unable to procreate and this is where that all started...

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join