It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: TerryDon79

Children with gender dysphoria don't decide. Anyway if that is what the child will identify then the gender will be assigned. See? Problem solved.
We can wait until it hits puberty and we'll know for sure.

Puberty might be too late if it already identifies as a girl with a penis or a boy without.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Your post is disgusting.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't care what you think. If you can't understand logic then you are doomed.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Children with gender dysphoria don't decide. Anyway if that is what the child will identify then the gender will be assigned. See? Problem solved.

Puberty might be too late if it already identifies as a girl with a penis or a boy without.

Why would it be too late? If you are right about children "choosing" their genders then the puberty will "decide" for them, no matter how much the parents try to convince them (as claimed by some people here).

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

a reply to: hombero

Your post is disgusting.

I agree. That was uncalled for and not what the threads about.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

I don't care what you think. If you can't understand logic then you are doomed.

I don't understand the logic of calling your fellow human beings disgusting.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: Abysha

Nobody decides what gender they are to begin with. You are the one saying that. What I'm saying is that I don't see any benefit to having gender on a birth certificate.

Sorry, I'll repeat it again.

If you have a vagina....you are not a boy.
If you have a penis, you are not a girl?

Easy.

Same as I don't have any African descendants in my DNA, therefore I cannot say "I'm an African"

DUH?

It's pretty easy?

I could say "I'm a tree" But I'm not

End off.

Even If I were to cut my Penis off and transforn it into a vagina and grow some breasts.......biologically, I'm an odd dude with a vagina and breasts. True stuff.....honest mate.

And do you pull out your birth certificate when you want to check to see if you have a penis or a vagina?

I get it. Any thread relating to gender is completely irresistible and you just have to state your opinion on it with gusto. But... it's off topic. You can debate that on any of the countless transphobic threads on ATS.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Why would it be too late? If you are right about children "choosing" their genders then the puberty will "decide" for them, no matter how much the parents try to convince them (as claimed by some people here).

But it might not.

That's part of the issue, I believe. Assuming an absolute. That's the only reason I've been using the what ifs, because what if?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Gender, apparently, doesn't rely on if you have the right body parts any more.

The world is a very weird place.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

But it might not.

That's part of the issue, I believe. Assuming an absolute. That's the only reason I've been using the what ifs, because what if?

Yeah I love arguing the hypotheticals too.

We can wait and see how it works out for the child, if it makes the news again later. To me I don't think there is any problem other than the possibility of other children making fun of it if they find out.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

If you do know about them then you should recognize your argument as a fallacy.
"What if a parent want to make species unspecified?" "How about the date and time of the birth?"
Do you realize how silly that sounds?
Make sure to let me know when that happens.

About as silly as putting no gender on a BC when it's a little boy or little girl.

Reread the OP. The parents said they are letting the child decide later so the gender will be assigned.
So no problem here.

You're assuming the child will pick a gender.

It's possible it won't.

Are you saying that the chld will be too dumb to know it's gender after observing others of the opposite sex?

Not necessarily. There are intelligent adults who choose not to identify with a gender.

My point is that child will know at the right age without prompting.
So the argument is moot anyway. We're debating over nothing.

We're debating whether or not this is the direction we want society to go. It matters in the sense that we can discuss it.

If you have an issue with the debate, you're free to choose something more worthy of your time and attention. ATS is a big forum... i'm sure there's other threads that are far superior to this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

By his standard, it does. So is he incapable of looking down his pants if he needs to remind himself what he has down there?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

That is what gender dysphoria is and it's extremely rare. Imagine that for the intersex babies that was surgerically altered and the babies grew up to feel they are the opposite sex. Would we say they are wrong and confused?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

That's a whole other can of possible worms.

Kids are teased enough as it is. This is just another bit of ammunition for bullies.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

By his standard, it does. So is he incapable of looking down his pants if he needs to remind himself what he has down there?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
I'm sorry but that was so hilarious.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

By who's standards?

A genderless baby?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't even know what a penis or vagina is yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You know, from a perspective of freedom, I don't really have any issue with someone wanting a choice in the matter of what they believe.

However, with freedom comes responsibility. If the child, when old enough to understand, was explained in the below manner, which I perceive to be the truth, then I could get on board with it.

"What gender am I, MomDad?"

"Well, it's up to you. But, there are some things that you must know first. One, the overwhelming majority of people are not confused by this question because their GI matches their physical sex. So, although it truly is your choice, most people will see this as odd, because of numbers most factually."

If you don't tell the kid the ramifications of just how bizarre of a choice it would be to go GI opposite of sex, they're doing the child a disservice to reality.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

But it might not.

Yeah I love arguing the hypotheticals too.

We can wait and see how it works out for the child, if it makes the news again later. To me I don't think there is any problem other than the possibility of other children making fun of it if they find out.

I very much doubt we'd see this in the news again.

Honestly this is probably just a test...

"ATTENTION...

This had been a test of the social engineering program. If this were a real social engineering experiment, we would choose not to inform you.

Thank you for your attention."

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

No issue with the debate here. Just observing how people are making a mountain of a molehill over this.
BTW you keep talking about the direction of our society. What exactly do you mean?
edit on 7/1/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Agreed

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join