It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

What does that have to do with what I typed?

We're not talking names and nicknames. It's gender (or a lack of defined gender).

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: NowanKenubi

How does this impact the society as a whole? How does this affect you?
As I have stated earlier the baby will know it's gender at an early age, so this whole debate is moot. It's not like the parents are going to tell it that "it" is neither a boy nor a girl. As the OP states they let the baby "decide".

The parents are saying the child isn't a boy or a girl, yet. That's kind of the point.

"Unspecified" or "unassigned". That implies that it will be assigned as some point in the child's life after it's "decision" as stated in the OP.
It might seem weird but personally I really don't care as it doesn't affect me and society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

No hang over here.

I stayed home and celebrated by myself.

Just how I like it

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
I'm thinking high energy physics has gone to far! We need to shut down all particle accelerators. I was ok with the Mandela effect changing past events, but letting a child identity it's gender is in 'The Twilight Zone' territory. The next thing you know will be children who identify as animals.

Every single time.
Never fails.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Gender dysphoria is EXTREMELY rare so you can relax.

Sure... for now. If the child is born with both genders this would be a non issue as imo unidentified IS the correct course in such a case. However, parents naming their children absurd hooker names has resulted in the removal of the child or refusal of the court but choosing unidentified for the gender is ok?

This simply represents the potential beginning of a trend that i don't particularly agree with.

Adults, teens, and children of reasonably sound decision making mindsets can choose to identify as whatever gender they like but it should not be imposed on a child before proper development.

My opinion is no more wrong than anyone else's.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm thinking high energy physics has gone to far! We need to shut down all particle accelerators. I was ok with the Mandela effect changing past events, but letting a child identity it's gender is in 'The Twilight Zone' territory. The next thing you know will be children who identify as animals.

We already have that.
edit on 1-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

We already have that.

Not even remotely in the same category.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

We're not talking names and nicknames. It's gender (or a lack of defined gender).

Because you brought up "identifying" people.

Again, why do we need gender on it in the first place?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

What if some other parents decide that they want their childs species to be undefined?

Or other parents want to say their date and time of birth is undefined?

This has now opened that door to that type of possibility.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What if some other parents decide that they want their childs species to be undefined?

A good example of a slippery slope fallacy.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

By law, the child would have no gender.

Are you suggesting that we just judge gender by what they look like? Doesn't that go against the whole gender identification?

How? There are basic observations of respecting another person's dignity. Judge by how they present themselves or just ask.

I don't know about you but if somebody say's "My name is Robert but please call me Bob", I'm not going to reply "Nope, I'm gonna keep calling you Robert". Because I'm a decent person not going out of my way to annoy people.

What if you have been calling him Robert for the last 15 years and he suddenly wants to be called Bob but you keep calling him Robert because he's always been Robert?

Are you a bad person because you call him Robert?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Because you brought up "identifying" people.

Again, why do we need gender on it in the first place?

Because it's a record of who you are. It's also a legal document used to get other legal documents. It's also used as identification.

No offence, but that was a bit of a silly question.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

You could be onto something...

Aleister Crowley and Aiwas.
Kalergi - Coudenhove.
New World Order.

Future society will be very different to what we see today and maybe not too good.
Bill Clinton, George Bush and Tony Blair were among some of the winners of the Charlemagne Award.

Its a conspiracy theorists 1984 - Brave New World and Matrix all rolled into one.
David Icke is not as crazy as people say.

David Icke is positively normal compared to tptb.

I find his perspective interesting to say the least.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

A good example of a slippery slope fallacy.

It's not a fallacy. Its simply what ifs based on this current ruling.

But yes, the door has been opened for that type of thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
a reply to: violet

I couldn't say. Most drivers licenses are photo card ones with those mini chip things in these days.
I don't drive. Lost my license years ago and when my ban expired I'd already ruined my back so can't even if I wanted.

Its the most common ID and causes me trouble not having one sometimes.

I'm the same no drivers license. I had to get the BC ID Card. Had to. Had so many issues with no proper ID.

Anyways I've discovered this ' Health Card'' is actually the official British Columbia ID Card. It's now being combined all in one with our medical care card.it can also be the drivers license combo card.
I'll be getting one when I lose either.

Eligible adults (19 and older) can get a BC Services Card when they enrol in MSP or when they renew their driver’s licence or BCID. Children and youth under 19 do not need to renew enrolment in MSP and, if they don't have one already, are automatically issued their first Non-Photo BC Services Card when an adult on the account contacts Health Insurance BC or obtains their own BC Services Card.

It was launched 2013.
BC GOV

I'm gonna see if I can find the application online for either to see if there's this choice to choose an unspecified gender.
edit on 1-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Be sure to read this and understand why your argument is a fallacy.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Are you suggesting that we just judge gender by what they look like? Doesn't that go against the whole gender identification?

How? There are basic observations of respecting another person's dignity. Judge by how they present themselves or just ask.

I don't know about you but if somebody say's "My name is Robert but please call me Bob", I'm not going to reply "Nope, I'm gonna keep calling you Robert". Because I'm a decent person not going out of my way to annoy people.

What if you have been calling him Robert for the last 15 years and he suddenly wants to be called Bob but you keep calling him Robert because he's always been Robert?

I can relate to this on a personal level.

I was born a certain name and changed it legally but my parents refuse to call me by any name but the one i was given at birth.

They're not bad people because they refuse to call me by the "right" name. For me personally it's sort of a grandfather clause.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Not yet, they are prepping us for human-animal hybrids. One day in the future your children will be playing with the neighbors Human Dog hybrids kids.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 1-7-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

You'd be bad if you insisted on calling him Robert, yes. It means you have no respect for Bob whatsoever. I've never had people insist on calling me by my maiden name after I got married. Because it would take a real jerk to do so and completely disrespectful.

But none of that matters. I only brought that up in response to somebody mentioning "identity".

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If you can't reply, don't bother with the fallacy stuff. Just don't reply.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join