It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian trained and equipped Desert Hawks are no better than Islamic State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They decapitate people and hold heads up for selfies. It is disgusting and totally unnecessary. Sure, it might be good for morale, but it's disgusting and uncivilized. The content is too graphic to post so if you want to check it out it's in a link in the Syria war reddit.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
War is war. Both sides have committed war crimes. It's not for the faint of heart and it will never change, because war never changes.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seems to be a cultural thang.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They are not a civilized military. I would find it strange if they were.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

American, British, German, Japanese, Russian, Italian soldiers never decapitate their foes in WW1 and WW2 which were far larger in scale than the Syria war.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Good for them . Bout time someone threw out the "rules" to deal with the IS scum .

At least russia got the balls to actually do something to rid the world of IS . Unlike the west that funds and arms them while claiming to be doing something .

Oh and china also helping fight IS scum last week they sent philippines duterte rifles and sniper rifles to use in fight to take marawi back from IS . Since u.s cancelled the order for rifles duterte had with them . Funny thing alot of the dead militants in marawi had u.s made weapons .

As thats too damn close for comfort to where I live I have no problem with the tactics russia and its allies use to get rid of IS . F**** the wests pc run hide tell bull# . Stand your ground and fight the bastards .
edit on 1717 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I find it horrifying on one side to see such acts being perpetrated, by anyone.

On the other side, I can't help but remember that Vlad the Impaler had to impale over 10 000 people to stop the then muslim invasion.
We are living in very troubling times.

The worst is it's probably been that way since the beginning of time. Sigh.
edit on 1-7-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

American, British, German, Japanese, Russian, Italian soldiers never decapitate their foes in WW1 and WW2 which were far larger in scale than the Syria war.

The Japanese definitely did during world war 2. All I'm saying is that there will always be these kinds of inhuman behavior.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

BS

American and Brits took pics of their dead enemies in Iraq. They were called "Roosevelts" because the GI's posed over the dead like Big Game Hunters.

They may not have cut the heads off the enemy but that didn't stop them from taking pics of the remains of IED and VBIED strikes.

War is hell and it brings out the absolute worst in humanity (and at times the absolute best).

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes all cultures in history have some form of Trophy taking - from shrunken heads to scalps to Roosevelt selfies.

War is about killing human beings. Some individuals or organizations are more "civilized" than others. There will always be undertones of barbarism though no matter how "civilized" our wars become.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

The problem with IS is that it's fundamentalist hardline ideology.

We can kill thousands of IS footsoldiers but they seem to be recruiting them even faster in even more far flung locations.

It is worse than a plague which can be quarantined. It's an attractive ideology to many people.

This thing is going to grow exponentially no matter how we fight it. It's a catch 22.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
well to quote Robert E lee,

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

to quote another famous civil war general:

War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over. William Tecumseh Sherman

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Anybody would think that Western Forces had some basic christian moral guide behind them

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: VengefulGhost

The problem with IS is that it's fundamentalist hardline ideology.

We can kill thousands of IS footsoldiers but they seem to be recruiting them even faster in even more far flung locations.

It is worse than a plague which can be quarantined. It's an attractive ideology to many people.

This thing is going to grow exponentially no matter how we fight it. It's a catch 22.

funny how they keep appear in places where u.s wants regime change - syria with assad , philippines with duterte , xinjiang province in china .

Then theres the ones operating in europe . Who funnily enough all are known to the intelligence agencies yet nothing is done to eradicate them .

The ideology needs eradicated from the planet along with all that follow and support it .

Hell in the past month alone theyve arrested five people here in singapore for being terrorists 3 were planning to go to syria the other two were recruiting people to go to syria and to philippines to fight for IS .

And in indonesia the indonesian police announced theres at least 60 IS sleeper cells ready and waiting to attack .

So am for doing whatever it takes to eradicate the scum .

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In order to kill another human being, one loses part of their soul and their humanity.

Given the horror and brutality that ISIS et al have brought upon Syria, I am less than surprised that the 'good guys' are responding like with like.

After all, if you'd been forced to see your father crucified or decapitated in front of your own eyes, what would you want to do in revenge?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
I uploaded the video of the White Helmets who were recently witnessed having done the same. Well no selfies, but they did dump the beheaded bodies of the Syrian Soldiers in a landfill. At least they acknowledged it in a press release and fired the guys, which I conveniently added in the video description

WARNING!! GRAPHIC DOCUMENTATION OF ACTS OF WAR CRIMES, viewer discretion is advised!
login required

A shame the damn Middle Easterners are no better than the damn central Americans. Just Keep cutting off the heads of their enemies. Primitive barbarians I tell you!
ps. I forgot actually there were selfies, but I did not upload that one. Maybe I will combine them into one??

Anyways, is this not the kind of depraved retribution I frequently read about dreamed up by fellow members, especially when they get riled up about so called Islamic crimes?? I think I read quite a bit worse being asked by some regarding the Euro refugees and their crimes. It is always possible they cut the heads off after they were shot dead. Some of the heads look a bit rough, and they are all dry.
edit on 7-2-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I seen that video recently, barbaric to say the least.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Actually the Japanese did.....and decapitation was one of the nicer things they did.....

And the Red Army? Raped and pillaged there way to Berlin. There is a Reason Germany hated the Russians so much and would have happy gone back to war after Hitlers death alongside the allies against Russia.

Germany? Look into there Anti partasian actions. Not to mention the SS death squads.
edit on 2-7-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Let's just say that when you see an enemy force destroy your home, rape and enslave the women and children, and oppress you to the point of desperation, it is reasonable to view the death of your enemy as an accomplishment to be proud of.

For those of you who are NOT doing the fighting, and are NOT being oppressed by ISIS, I challenge you to put up your moral convictions against his reality any day.

new topics

top topics

join