It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions May Hate Cannabis…But He Sure Loves Big Tobacco

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Why is Sessions so opposed to Cannabis. I always knew Sessions was more than likely protecting alcohol or some other dangerous substance from competition. And now I think this is probably the answer to the riddle.

Oh gosh golly! Marijuana being sold at every corner grocery store! But what about all those corner stores that have a much deadlier product called cigarettes?

Funny you should ask. Because the tobacco industry helped get Jeff Sessions elected to the Senate in 1996. In fact, Session got a bit too much money from R. J. Reyonlds, the makers of Camel cigarettes, during his 1996 campaign. In October of 1997 his staff had to send money back to the company because they had donated more than was legally allowed.

Sessions also introduced a pro-tobacco industry amendment in 1997 that would cap how much money lawyers could make from suing tobacco companies. The goal was evidently to hamper legal efforts to go after the tobacco industry, which was spending millions to fight regulation of its product. The Sessions amendment was narrowly defeated.

Link
edit on 1-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: add link

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith
So we are taking a time machine back 20 years when just about everyone was for tobacco?
Sounds legit...
No source by the way...
*please be CNN, please be CNN*

edit on 1-7-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Links would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And the op ditched us.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well now all the politicians on both sides of the isle protect big pharma.

While all the opium comes from Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Link is now listed.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

And apparently Sessions is heavily invested in private prisons for profit.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's a lot easier to deal with non criminals when you're jailing for profit.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a FYI ... RJ Reynolds with HQs in NC, USA is in process of merging with BAT... (meeting this mid-July 2017)
both are Tobacco Giants under the symbols of RAI & BAT respectively

but The money maker ingredient in tobacco is Nicotine and both those tobacco Giants own revenue generating, and Wholly owned subsidiary operations that specializes in Nicotine minus the tobacco ingredient... these off-book operations were created when Reynolds spun off/sold their Nabisco Brand of operations and have been unaccounted for many years now.

I wonder if there's any snakes in the grass, a political snake... we are all familiar with the former RJR financial shenanigans, the Rolling Stone, I think, won a prize in investigative journalism for that...I could be very wrong

side issue #2:

And apparently Sessions is heavily invested in private prisons for profit

that amuses me... I just finished binge watching season 5 of Orange is the new Black with the private prison for females called 'Litchfield"... a small town 20 miles south of myrtle beach which is geared to the upper elites that have no standing with the SC Legislators congregated in Pawley's Island the next-door-community to Litchfield (with their literal snake infestation)

a type of Synchronicity is being played out here on the grand-strand area (AKA- RedNeck Riveria

edit on st31149896359701462017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I am not really keen on Sessions, but lets hope that Trump can keep him in line.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The opiods are coming from pharma manufactures. Heroin is a major problem. But opiods are the larger umbrella issue.
edit on 2-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Well now all the politicians on both sides of the isle protect big pharma. While all the opium comes from Afghanistan.

Pharma gets people hooked, along the way milks the insurance. Once the person is hooked, their life falls apart. They lose their job, family, whatever. Government then steps in. Heroin is cheap, so that is the person's new hobby.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I will never, ever understand those that demonize pot, but are ok with smoking tobacco. Legal or not, tobacco is proven to be bad for your continued existence. My mom was a multi-pack a day smoker. She has had pieces of lung removed due to smoking complications and is now suffering from COPD and dependent on carrying around an oxygen tank. Two close family friends recently died due to complications from life-long smoking.

Smoking of pot has been going on for as long as, if not longer than, tobacco yet there are few statistics that show marijuana is a threat to health.

Yep. Smoking is legal, so it's aaaalll good to take money from Big Tobacco. Principles, what are those?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The opiods are coming from pharma manufactures. Heroin is a major problem. But opiods are the larger umbrella issue.

Precisely, this should be alarming considering with either scenario the source is an occupied territory.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
So we are taking a time machine back 20 years when just about everyone was for tobacco?
Sounds legit...
No source by the way...
*please be CNN, please be CNN*
[/quote

Did you even READ the article, It states as late as 2004 he still was supporting big Tabaco.......Jeff Sessions "I don't remember" , "I don't recall", "I am not sure" DERP!!!!

edit on 2-7-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I will never, ever understand those that demonize pot, but are ok with smoking tobacco. Legal or not, tobacco is proven to be bad for your continued existence. My mom was a multi-pack a day smoker. She has had pieces of lung removed due to smoking complications and is now suffering from COPD and dependent on carrying around an oxygen tank. Two close family friends recently died due to complications from life-long smoking.

Smoking of pot has been going on for as long as, if not longer than, tobacco yet there are few statistics that show marijuana is a threat to health.

Yep. Smoking is legal, so it's aaaalll good to take money from Big Tobacco. Principles, what are those?

The enzyme Serrapeptase (available in capsules). Has been known to reverse lung damage due to smoking. The body uses the enzyme to tear down bad tissues and rebuild. When you get old you don't have enough enzymes to do the job.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And apparently Sessions is heavily invested in private prisons for profit.

www.forbes.com...

This goes along w/post #4 Private Prisons. Back when it was "The Crack War" the Urban (read: Black or 'other'/non-affluent/non-voter) user/abuser was given PRISON while the subUrban (White; voter; affluent) user/abuser was given PROBATION for using the same drug coc aine. The only difference was the Urban made more $$$ because they rocked it up. This was when POLICE *Civil Forfeitures started growing along w/more taxes to fight said "War"

In 2001 when 'The Taliban' was in-charge, Afghanistan produced 7% of the world's opium now it is closer to 90% ..

There isn't any more dope/illegal narcotics being used in the lower income/ghettoes, it is just more likely they will NOT retain 'private counsel' so they go for the 'Plea Bargain' Over 95% of those incarcerated are housed under a plea bargain..

It is a racket.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Oh but that does not matter, don't you understand?

You see, what you stated there are some facts. Facts do not matter in this post truth age. All that matters now, is allowing the anger and frustration of the worst elements of society, those being the fundamentally right wing, corporatist lunatics, to have their own way again, and in the meantime damn their nation to going back in time forty years in terms of civil rights, economic mobility, and so on!

In all seriousness though, its a good shout, but the game is over, and the truth lost. The only thing to concern yourself with now, is what you are going to do about it at street level, because those who support the current government are not capable of being swayed by logic and facts. The proof? You posted it in your OP. If people gave a damn about the truth, this would already be causing riots.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

those being the fundamentally right wing, corporatist lunatics, to have their own way again, and in the meantime damn their nation to going back in time forty years in terms of civil rights, economic mobility, and so on!

Unlike Neocon Liberals, Conservatives aren't some monolithic entity that think all alike. We follow logic. And when properly informed . Come to the proper decision.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: add video

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You know, getting lobbyists out of politics should be high on any voters list of "must have" qualities for a political party, whichever persuasion floats their boat.

Let us pray.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join