It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not saying I saw a Mermaid, but yeah I think I did!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Yes the legend came from somewhere long ago and goes on ever since so who knows. I'm curious about the lake, can you tell me where it is? I'd like to see it on google earth. I have a theory on where they live and I like to know more.

On a seperate note I was with a cousin and good friend in Orlando last weekend and they told me a story from a few weeks ago. I never told them mine but thought my uncle might have. I thought they were pulling my leg but they were dead serious.

Apparently they were camping on an island in Sebastian Inlet FL. They had a row boat and took it out at 2am. They said two mermaids hit the boat and threw them into the water. They both weigh around 220 so that must have been a heck of a hit.
Blew my mind really I thought they were kidding but they weren't. I would never have believed them if I had not seen what I think I did.

Going back to where I was, yes. To jet ski for sure. It's really beautiful there. Believeing I'll see more I'm not so sure but who knows.

Lake Chiemsee, in Germany. She claimed she saw a hippocamp, or hippocampus, if you prefer. This isn't someone who goes around claiming weird things, as a rule, either. We were there camping, while there for the hubby's Army service.

For your uncle and company, what did they actually see of these mermaids? Lots of stuff in the water there, for certain, and weirder stories than that! I recall the one some years back with the oddly shaped tail in the water. Didn't look like a manatee or dolphin, and never was resolved, as far as I know. Another story was of some guys attacked by a long-necked sea monster, some killed, after they were wrecked or something. Can't recall all of the details for that one.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
What? I've never even heard of a Hippocampus before. Wow! See you learn something new every day. Ha and I thought Mermaids were strange.

That lake is very far from the Ocean but not entirely landlocked. The river goes into the sea by Italy. I thought you meant a mermaid. Either way I suspect they live under islands as they exist in both places where I was and my cousin was. Same holds true on that Lake Chiemsee. I always thought if they existed at all, it was only in the Ocean but other comments and things I've read lead me to believe otherwise.

We were all drinking that night when my cousin told me his story. I will have that conversation with him again in a sober state next time I see him. I really thought my Uncle told them what I confided in him, but talking to him since, I know he did not. They believed what they were telling me was true. I will find out more, but I don't think I'll solve this strange and interesting topic in my lifetime.

As far as I'm concerned, I saw something that was not what you would normally expect to see out in the Ocean. I have 30 plus years of experience out there and thought I'd seen it all. Apparently that is not the case. There is more than meets the limited experienced eye!
edit on 29-8-2017 by spit69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2017 by spit69 because: Wiki link won't work... en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
You probably saw a manatee.

A manatee scared the crap out of me, surfing alone one day as a teenager, in NSB, FL. I saw some hairy whiskers protrude from the water, followed by a blast of air. I thought a whale was underneath me and about to surface. I freaked out, started to paddle away, and the big sea cow came up and said hello. I sighed a breathe of relief, and surfed another 15 minutes or so.

That aside, in my 30 yrs of surfing off the coast of Florida, and the countless days deep sea fishing, I have never seen a mermaid. I have seen a sailfish, the manatee, and a full grown sea turtle in the ocean, but those were the rarest things I've encounteted.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

That aside, in my 30 yrs of surfing off the coast of Florida, and the countless days deep sea fishing, I have never seen a mermaid. I have seen a sailfish, the manatee, and a full grown sea turtle in the ocean, but those were the rarest things I've encounteted.

All of the above and so much more
So go jet ski where I did. Chase some Dolphins while your at it. See what happens next. Have a blast

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
What? I've never even heard of a Hippocampus before. Wow! See you learn something new every day. Ha and I thought Mermaids were strange.

Yeah, was pretty weird! She does see more things than some; seems to have a gift for that. The lake was odd, though. We were in a large skiff, then, rowing around pretty far out, us two adults, the daughter, and two little boys, mine and a friend of his. Didn't sense anything off then, really, but did later. The hubby rented a canoe for he and I, and we were much closer to shore, in an area with a lot of growth under the water. I was very nervous. He though I was rocking the canoe, but I wasn't moving. Felt watched, and threatened. He blamed it on me not liking a canoe, but that wasn't it at all. Something else was there. Not a small lake, of course, so who knows? Only wildlife the rest of us saw was some very protective, and huge, parent swans and their young.

That lake is very far from the Ocean but not entirely landlocked. The river goes into the sea by Italy. I thought you meant a mermaid. Either way I suspect they live under islands as they exist in both places where I was and my cousin was. Same holds true on that Lake Chiemsee. I always thought if they existed at all, it was only in the Ocean but other comments and things I've read lead me to believe otherwise.

You never know! It's known now that bull sharks breed way up the Mississippi and other waterways, and are seen as far north as Tennessee, and people have reported tentacled things in lakes as well. A lot we don't know!

We were all drinking that night when my cousin told me his story. I will have that conversation with him again in a sober state next time I see him. I really thought my Uncle told them what I confided in him, but talking to him since, I know he did not. They believed what they were telling me was true. I will find out more, but I don't think I'll solve this strange and interesting topic in my lifetime.

As far as I'm concerned, I saw something that was not what you would normally expect to see out in the Ocean. I have 30 plus years of experience out there and thought I'd seen it all. Apparently that is not the case. There is more than meets the limited experienced eye!

I suspect he drinking loosened his reservations in sharing, so maybe, since he's talked now, he will share more later!! We can hope. With that winged whatever my brother and I saw, I can't scoff at other people's sightings. Yours rings true, for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Since hurricane Irma came though Florida and the damage it wrought in the Keys I keep thinking back to this event. I've looked at many videos of the Keys and the devastation it left there. But this one at 1:29 looking straight out is where this occurred. Makes me wonder, if they do exist, how they may have fared.

On a separate note have you ever heard of Hollywood dropping suggestions about reality into movies 9/11 etc., etc.? I know far fetched theories and all. I was watching The Mummy 2017 with Tom Cruise last weekend and when they capture and bring him to the doctor they pass through a lab. There are samples in the lab of different things and of course a dam Mermaid hand. I can't get away from this stuff. I seem to notice this everywhere now. From plaster decorations on walls, murals in restaurants, movies, etc.. It's like buying a certain car or truck and all of a sudden you see the same kind everywhere. Just makes me wonder.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join