It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not saying I saw a Mermaid, but yeah I think I did!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spit69

Within a few seconds I was right on top of where it was.

Sounds like you almost killed a mermaid.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Ok so be it... Reported sightings

In 1493, sailing off the coast of Hispaniola, (Haiti) Christopher Columbus reported seeing three "female forms" which "rose high out of the sea, but were not as beautiful as they are represented".[52][53] The logbook of Blackbeard, an English pirate, records that he instructed his crew on several voyages to steer away from charted waters which he called "enchanted" for fear of merfolk or mermaids, which Blackbeard himself and members of his crew reported seeing.[54] These sightings were often recounted and shared by sailors and pirates who believed that mermaids brought bad luck and would bewitch them into giving up their gold and dragging them to the bottom of the sea. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 1-7-2017 by spit69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Exactly.

When we don't know we don't know.

Surprises still happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You have tons of stories, like the Sirens from Greek myth. Many cultures report a creature we would call a merperson.
edit on 7/1/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: proloz

This Universe is huge and our human minds are very small.

There's a lot of room for weird stuff to exist out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

your screen name is overly sexual, however I gave you a star on your last post.

Anyways, i was told I was a mermaid in a past life by a psychic a cpl years ago. I dont picture mermaids back then (or wherever that was) to be beautiful. I imagine them to be non-flattering colors with bones pertruding out of their foreheads probably for use of gills.

He also said my friend that was with me was a mermaid in a past life too. First you think, wait a minute...dont you have any better pick-up lines or stories you can make up than just saying we are the same...then the concept of soul groups entered my mind and i was like, ok, so it makes perfect sense, bc if you travel in soul groups then your friends today were with you lives ago and you had to be similar obviously to be together...then he pointed to her forehead. She has a scar-like birthmark there. I pointed it out even more and asked if it was gills or something...he didnt want to talk about it too much bc i could tell he was already a little embarrassed about picking out imperfections on my friend, but she is really a beauty and it didnt hurt her feelings one bit. She said she was born with it and just always had it.

He asked if i ever had a scar there and I did once when I was little. I did a back flip off the diving board and scraped my whole forehead on the diving board going down. The scar is not there anymore but that seemed significant to him.
edit on 1-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, I saw a head sized and shaped something , it was dark in the midday that did exactly what the op said......the two of us that saw it on Oklahomas lake BrokenBow both agreed

It was at 1 o'clock.as we cruised....50 yds or more.......we went right by where it should have been on a 23 footer. Couldn't have been a vertical submerged log.....
edit on 1-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Coza

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
So a little background info first. ... Make of it what you may, but I'm pretty convinced. Video

All I saw was a wall of text. Paragraphs, please. Just a few breaks. Makes it so much easier to read.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Any chance what you saw was a snorkeler or scuba diver?
edit on 1-7-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't see why it's so hard to believe that an early human species stayed in the water to become mermaids. It's the same for bigfoot/yeti. The world is a mysterious place. Who knows what could be lurking in the shadows.
edit on 1-7-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I want to believe!!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I want to believe!!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If mermaids were real there would be merpimps.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Hello Sailor!

Mermaids you say? My favorite Mermaid is Amy Jade Mermaid.

Maids of the sea;

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

TS Eliot "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock".

I have a mermaid tattoo on my arm. I live right by the ocean in a very beautiful place.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why the heck are dudes wanting fish women anyway ?
chicks half fish what you going to do with her if you got her ?
when I was 14 the idea was fun ( aka big turn on but at 14 every thing is lol .
Big foot is possible after all there was a accutal ape his size that went extinct 10,000 years ago so its possible they did not or possible that others are around . Not likely any more but possible ( about the same chance as winning the lotto )
But a fish women ( takes a Fish man Funny how dudes never see fish men just women lol ) cold shower before swimming should help .
I could put the fact that fish are could blooded and extract o2 through there gills and humans are warm blooded and use lungs and never the two shell mate But who cares about science when you can dream up a hot chick fish .
Personally i like the ones with Butter fly wings better they have LEGS and dont stink like fish when left in the sun to long .

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I don't believe mermaids exist.

Having said that, there are plenty of interesting stories that are fairly hard to explain away (i.e., you might choose to just dismiss them out of hand, but they are hard to debunk).

The case of The Orford Merman has always fascinated me. The reason being that it dates from the 12th Century, but doesn't seem to be related to any existing folklore of the time.

If it was a folktale, it was never recorded anywhere else in the world, let alone the UK. And it completely lacks the usual trappings of a story about merfolk - the 'merman' wasn't fishlike at all, he didn't sing alluring songs, or comb his hair or beard, and didn't lead anyone to an undersea kingdom, or reveal the whereabouts of hidden treasure.

Moreover, even though the chronicler who recorded the merman story (Ralph of Coggeshall) was a monk, there is no apparent attempt to impose any kind of Christian moral on the story, or draw any moral lesson from it. The only religious touch is the observation that the merman didn't behave appropriately in church, with the implication that he didn't know he was meant to. And that's halfway through the story and Ralph doesn't make any great deal out of the incident.

In fact, there's a sort of ordinary and pointless quality to the story. (Spoiler: Fishermen catch a merman, bring him to land, can't figure out what to do with him, let him go swimming in the sea, and he escapes. Then, and this is the odd bit, he voluntarily comes back, stays for a few weeks, and then escapes again and disappears).

As I say, I don't believe it for one minute, but thought I'd give it an airing on this thread, for what it's worth.

The rest of the blog I've linked to in the above has other merfolk tales from antiquity, if you're in the mood for that sort of thing.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I never believed in Mermaids either. I just chalked it up to folk lore and the like. However I've had two days now to ponder this over and over again. Nothing else can explain this away as far as I'm concerned.I'm home now and have studied this extensively today. Tell me why would Christopher Columbus make such a claim or the pirate Blackbeard along with his crew. Not to mention the many, many accounts of people far and wide for centuries?

I'm not gonna recount the whole experience again but point out the things that I can't shake. This water I was in was crystal clear (See the coordinates I gave, they are precise given a foot or two). I went immediately to where it was 20ft from me within 3-5 seconds. There was no Sea Turtle, Manatee or Dolphins around. Besides they don't move that fast.I would have seen them if that were the case. I was standing up on the jet ski and could see the sea grass on the bottom. Something 5-6ft long 24-30" in diameter with scales on it's tale shot right under me heading in the opposite direction. I'm talking 2 ft away maybe four feet deep. The color of it almost blended perfectly with the sea grass. There was no one around for miles in any direction. Not scuba divers, snorkelers, etc.. Honestly I'm sorry I even mentioned it here. I sure as Hello wasn't gonna mention it on Facebook. I almost feel the fool for trying but I know what I SAW! I'm done with it, just another question I'll have for the Almighty someday. Peace out! a reply to: audubon

edit on 2-7-2017 by spit69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm not dismissing your story at all. I'm a bit envious, to be honest, and very intrigued.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply you were dismissive. I'm just disappointed with all of the negative comments I received. Don't be envious. Nothing about this experience was good in my opinion. Rather it was more creepy and disturbing than anything else. a reply to: audubon

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Ever caught a dolphin with a rod and reel?

Ask chuck, is evolution real?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join