It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In response to InfoWars rumor, NASA denies it has a child slave colony on Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
All this nonsense notwithstanding, why would it take 20 years to get to mars? With current technology we can do it in 18 months or so if I'm not mistaken. So you're telling me that the super secret child slave ship to mars only goes 1,300km/hour? That's based on 8,675 hours in a year and the average distance being around 225,000,000 km from Earth.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There are people in the mainstream who claim we never went to the moon and we can't even leave earth.

Then there are others who are actually claiming we're on a flat earth and the center of the universe.

Now claims that there are children slave colonies on Mars.

How did the world get to be so stupid in such a short amount of time???

Why is this happening???

WTF is wrong with humanity at this point in time???

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why is this happening???

This is what happens when you have government, politicians, bureaucrats, institutions, media etc. lying to you all the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

But haven't they always been doing that??

Why is it that such things gain so much ground today though?? Is it just because the information flows so quickly that it reaches so many people at once that it's much easier to get enough of them who believe it and then propagate into the forefront of what's happening???

In the past was it simply a matter of limited communication that held back crazy ideas from taking hold?? Since it was more difficult to reach enough people for it to stick, maybe it died off before it could get a hold of the human mind or something.

It makes me think of the original concept of what a meme is. Like a gene in biology a meme was some idea that would propagate from mind to mind like a virus. Like a gene that we'd pass down through the generations if it had some useful property so do memes pass on but in the mind of humanity. But for what purpose is it serving.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

There are people in the mainstream who claim we never went to the moon and we can't even leave earth.

Then there are others who are actually claiming we're on a flat earth and the center of the universe.

Why is this happening???

I would be far more worried if everyone thought the same things in the same way.

Weird ideas that go viral are nothing new. You might enjoy a book called "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds" (link is to abebooks.com - I have no financial interest in sales of this book).

It was published in 1841 but if you read it, you will soon see that the sort of thing happening today is nowhere near being a new thing. It's just that it's (a) More visible, because of the internet, and (b) Much, much faster (for the same reason).

It's a fun read, a work of upmarket journalism rather than some dry academic text. You won't learn much from it about why these things catch on, but you will learn about lots of times throughout history when the same thing happened without the internet as now happens with it (and, fairly often, with far more disastrous results).

This quote sets the tone for the whole book:

We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first.

Those words are as true today as they were in 1841, and probably even truer.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

But haven't they always been doing that??

They have, but like you said, it's the information flow. Humans used to be lied to all the time by their controllers, but there was hardly any way to know about it, or discuss it with others. Now we have leakers who can get their info out to millions in seconds through the internet, social media etc. Anyone can learn about the lies nearly instantaneously through the web, and then go to sites and immediately discuss them with any number of people. In my opinion this is a good thing. Even if it leads people to believe in crazy conspiracies, it will force those in government/science etc. to provide more evidence to prove the validity of their claims. Just my opinion on the matter, I'm no expert.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This is true but I wonder how well that is working for the better.

I mean if it actually resulted in people weeding out the lies from the truth that would obviously be a good thing. However, it might work in reverse too. Because of the flow of info that very same process of quick flow information can be used to cover the truth with lies.

Especially if, like you say, additional evidence and proof becomes an essential part of the process as well. Because learning that evidence and validating it, etc. requires so much more effort than just grasping something that sounds right because it's easier.

On one hand you have a convincing lie which is easy to understand, sounds probable and is supported by ideas which are easy to understand.

On the other you have the truth, which is more difficult to understand, but does have plenty of evidence to support it and prove it beyond a doubt if someone does take the time and put the effort in to learning it.

Of those two things I would bet the lie would be believed and propagated 9 out of 10 times simply because the truth requires additional effort. Meaning it's much more likely for lies to propagate more often than the truth and with the increased flow of information would just make it quicker but not more accurate.
edit on 1-7-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a genius. Turning BS into a multi million $ empire.

He knows his targeted demographic and what they want to hear. Then sells them More BS in the form of vitamins, supplements and end of the world products.

He's treading on a thin line calling for violence on his fellow Americans....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Maybe Alex and his crew will use this as further evidence?

Evidence for what?

Neither Jones nor his crew said anything of the sort. In fact deny the idea, and moreover they don't control what guests come out with.

You're basically saying something along the lines of "I saw on ATS someone post about soul catchers on the moon, so ATS supports crackpot conspiracy theories, everyone point and laugh now!"

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mollybendus
a reply to: Southern Guardian

If you google the interview, you will see that alex was not in agreement to begin with.

I've seen the interview. It doesn't appear Alex doesn't make any indication that he doesn't agree with it. At the same time he doesn't make his position clear. He does appear to entertain this though as with many of his other interviews.

I see him try to take the conversation away from it, and not entertain it.

I certainly don't consider his treatment of a guest with respect even in lieu of a dumb theory (or belief) as a reason to dismiss him entirely. Everyone has their own opinion though, and if you were to have read my opinion of Jones a few years ago, you'd have seen me completely dismiss him. But then I based my opinion on MSM hit pieces and the lackadaisical manner in which people bagged him..

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Everyone knows that the child slave colony is on Ganymede so NASA is actually telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Why is this happening???

I think we know why it's happening.

Ordo ab chao - they've always remained their order from our chaos.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This is old news by Peggy Kane, remember her??

The only new is NASA... And why Nasa bother to reply if its a conspiracy. They dont reply for all the footage is taken by their own cameras, but they did for that crazy scenario.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I saw this posted on Facebook and I thought "nah, even infowars isn't that stupid".

I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My question would be "why Mars, just why Mars"? Why take anybody to Mars to do anything to them, why not just stay on Earth in one of those deep underground bases that are supposed to exist?
There are plenty of secretive places to keep a colony of people and on Earth you haven't got long distance to collect whatever you are collecting from them.
But then again I am being logical.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
My question would be "why Mars, just why Mars"? Why take anybody to Mars to do anything to them, why not just stay on Earth in one of those deep underground bases that are supposed to exist?
There are plenty of secretive places to keep a colony of people and on Earth you haven't got long distance to collect whatever you are collecting from them.
But then again I am being logical.

Um... TO BUILD A COLONY ON MARS??!...NOT EARTH??

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I saw this posted on Facebook and I thought "nah, even infowars isn't that stupid".

I was wrong.

No, you were right. InfoWars always steers clear of the crazy alien theories. Sometimes they have a crazy guest on who talks about that stuff, but Jones and InfoWars don't support that stuff.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I'm not against NASA having a PR person who fields the stupid claims for the benefit of those who can't work it out for themselves. Stuff said by the 'Mars was nuked' guy or that one who claimed Obama was a time-travelling soldier who worked on Mars. Basiago's tall tales about dinosaurs on Mars or 'Nbiru's coming.' Maybe a role as executive for silly claims?

If someone's daft enough to believe we have colonies on Mars, they might not believe the NASA rebuttal.

On second thoughts, they're better off sticking to the long held policy of ignoring the cranks and fantasists. It works more often than not.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I don't know if I can trust NASA on this one. I mean InfoWars is a reputable source for all injustices and cover ups in the world. We know NASA has the capability of sending things to Mars already so it's highly probable they'd have these slave colonies there. Right??

Today in “How The Hell Did We Get Here?”: NASA’s had to deny that it founded a child slave colony on Mars. As for just what prompted The Daily Beast to even reach out to NASA for a statement on a child slave ring operating on Mars, the root is, as you might have already suspected, InfoWars.

The rather dubious claim was made by Robert David Steele, a former CIA operative who was recently interviewed by Alex Jones. During their little tête-à-tête (French for “exchange of conspiracy theories“), Steele told Jones that though it might seem far out there for any reasonable people watching, he and his ilk believe “there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20 year ride. So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony.” Also according to Steele, these kids are having their bone marrow mined for... something

www.avclub.com...

Is it just me or is InfoWars becoming more and more wacky with their claims as the years go by? I mean shapeshifting Reptillians don't go far enough now?

Now take into mind this claim came from a guest on the show, not for Alex himself. Still, this claim doesn't seem all to outlandish for the InfoWars crew:

Jones didn’t prod his guest for any proof of his claims because, after all, “90 percent” of NASA’s missions are top secret, he alleged. The host also said he’s spoken to “high level NASA engineers,” who have told him that “you have no idea”

Anybody who still uses InfoWars as a source outta get their head examined.

Its worth looking here:
isgp-studies.com...
The author has done an extensive review of conspiracy theories- including the invention of the term "conspiracy theory" by the CIA in the 1960's.

HE believes infowars is a counterintelligence operation, largely designed to waste the time of intelligent people who might be of a politically non conformist nature.

I think he could well be right.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Are you really surprised?

NASA used to be an agency which was being run on behalf of, and using the money provided from taxpayers, in a country which was at least partially well educated, futuristic by the standards of many nations, both technologically and socially. All the technological sophistication in the world however, cannot hide the fact that the government which doles out the money from which NASA brings the universe into better view, and one presumes, the people who voted for it, are of such staggering incompetence that these things now need to be explained. Before, I would imagine that NASA treated the claims of fakery in rather the same way I would, by simply laughing at them.

But it has been brought to light in recent times, that the population have suffered a critical thinking failure of epic proportions, such as to permit the coming of the most intellectually vacant President that America has ever had, and therefore one has to assume that the people who voted for this incompetent fool are easily conned, something that NASA, like many other organisations and indeed individuals on the planet, have been shocked and appalled by. It is very probable that they responded to this new nonsense, because they have realised that they were giving the public and the Presidency faaaaaaar too much credit, in saying nothing in the past. Clearly the idiots who voted Trump, as well as the Orange Monstrosity himself, need these things explaining, with a cute little diagram and a Sesame Street song just to make the presentation of the facts memorable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join