It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft Ideas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A while back Ground Zero posted his/her idea for a plane. Wanted to see if anyone else has ideas. SOmeones goota

RAB

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A smallish twin engined bomber with a bomb bay for carring 8 casom's or 16 pgm's longish range 6000+km. Looking abit like the TU22M but with better avonics.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAB
A smallish twin engined bomber with a bomb bay for carring 8 casom's or 16 pgm's longish range 6000+km. Looking abit like the TU22M but with better avonics.

The TU-22 had a maximum payload of only 26K pounds, with a normal load out of closer to 12K or so and a range less than 6000km.

If you want to do what you describe above, and it sounds like it would be fun to design, it won't be smallish. It might end up being slightly larger than the TU-22. Sounds like it would be a fun plane to fly and drop some stuff from though.

As far as aircraft ideas, I'm sure everyone who looks at this board has a few lurking around in their head or in their computer. Unfortunately I bet most fall into one of these categories:

1. Post your aircraft idea = lose your clearance.
2. Post your aircraft idea = afraid someone else will steal your precious design
3. Post your aircraft idea = everyone will find out you have absolutely no idea that aircraft art is different from aircraft design.
4. Post your aircraft idea = deal with one good design evaluation of for every 10 'your design won't work' replies that don't say why.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My design, which is still ongoing, will be capable of operating both in the air and underwater. The key is figuring out the best propulsion system for such a craft. Until one system adequate for both mediums is built the plane will have to utilize two systems, which will cut down on payload. But I know that my idea is technically feasable once this one hurdle is cleared.

My current idea is a duel rocket/jet engine with a valve in the front of the engine controling whether air is entering from the intakes or from a tank of compressed oxygen. The plane would also utilize the phenomenon of supercavitation to allow for takeoff speeds underwater. The shape of a supercaviatating nose on the craft would also lend itself to sonic boom supression, do to a similar shape.

I have other ideas for underwater power but this seems the most feasable, plus NASA is developing such engines.

RAB

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntrock

Originally posted by RAB

The TU-22 had a maximum payload of only 26K pounds, with a normal load out of closer to 12K or so and a range less than 6000km.

If you want to do what you describe above, and it sounds like it would be fun to design, it won't be smallish. It might end up being slightly larger than the TU-22. Sounds like it would be a fun plane to fly and drop some stuff from though.

As far as aircraft ideas, I'm sure everyone who looks at this board has a few lurking around in their head or in their computer. Unfortunately I bet most fall into one of these categories:

2. Post your aircraft idea = afraid someone else will steal your precious design
3. Post your aircraft idea = everyone will find out you have absolutely no idea that aircraft art is different from aircraft design.
4. Post your aircraft idea = deal with one good design evaluation of for every 10 'your design won't work' replies that don't say why.

Ok, no picture yet. Large carbonFiber Delta wing bit like the typhoon but much bigger two bomb bays with space for 4 casoms each. and powered by the JP58 or better.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
A while back Ground Zero posted his/her idea for a plane. Wanted to see if anyone else has ideas. SOmeones goota

Woohoo! someone remembered me!!!!

I don't know what you mean by that...since most of us probably don't have that kind of clearence, right?

My designs aren't that great so I would hardly care, I made many aircraft designs for a game which they can steal ideas from lol.

Hell, I knew that, I just posted my little concept without much knowledge of areodynamics in the hopes they'd teach me more about it lol

You can only hope you get constructive criticism from others

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok, so you want to fly above water, and then become a submarine type craft.

The answer? a nuclear powerd duel prop design. Think about it.

A nuclear enginge needs no air to produce power, so you need no intake. Need to intake, you can use it under water, just like a submarine.

Have your craft as an in ground effect strike aircraft, with a pusher prop system. In the air, it creates the lift and power to get you flying, under water, the props push you along, just like a sub.

The nuclear engine would also solve the crews air supply needs, and also water. Build it stealthy, small, and able to carry say 4 anti ship missles, and you are onto a fleet killer.

You may say about the noise it would make under water, and i would agree, but, ho hard would the craft be to catch if it could suddenly pop out of the water and zoom away??

Oh one thing, the props them selves would be in a shroud or cowling, which would limit the amount of noise and cavitation under water. In the air, i would protect the pro from small arms fire.

This you could make a two man attack craft, a six man intercontinental job, or, the perfect long range heavy marintime strike aircraft.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by MadGrimbo]

top topics

join