It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theres a ghost in my house

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
There has to be a ghost in my house theres no other explanation for it, there a gas fireplace in my living room and for some reason today it was lighting and there was nobody in the house for 3 days except me and my brother, my brother was in the room yesterday with his friends and says it definetly wasnt lighting and neither him or his friends know how to turn it on and today we spent and 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it off cuz we never use it then we gave up and i took a look at it 10 minutes later and it was turned off again. My Ma was saying a few weeks ago that she would come down in the middle of the night and it would be lighting. Its pretty fukin weird and its pretty dangerous too seeing as its a gas fireplace that gas could turn on but the flame not light and the whole house would fill up with gas. Thats not the only thing that makes me think theres a ghost lots of times when im lying in bed at night i hear shet banging in my room like someone tripping over objects but i never really thought much of it until this fireplace crap. Would you say its a ghost or what. The noises could be just floorboards creeking but they hardly ever come from the floor usually it comes from objects on the table. The fireplace i have no clue what the hells goin on with that theres no way its automated maybe its just broken or something. Any opinions?

Mod Edit: thread title.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by kinglizard]

[edit on 6-2-2005 by fishbrain]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Woaa first of all watch your language please
, I happen to be offended by the GD word.. Thanks.!

I have some sort of experience with something like this. My remote control was sitting firmly on top of my TV when all of a sudden it desides it wants to slide off on its own. Unexplanable, still trying to find a reasonable answer to this.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
My opinion is you're making it up and you shouldn't use g-ddamn in your title.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
creamsoda sorry i didnt mean to offend you, but my only explanation for that is a ghost im gonna find out if anyone died in this house.

djohnsto77 your sad really sad the fact that you think i would make something like this up suggests that your the kind of person that would make it up, do us all a favor and get off the internet.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Whats so bad about having a ghost in the house? Lol I would gladly live along with a ghost.

As for you creamsoda, you probally had your bass up to much and it rattled off.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Im not complaining as long as it doesnt burn the house down or something

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm sure you're not making it up. That was a nasty accusation.

Now its possible that there is some activity in your house, i've yet to live anyplace that didnt have some sort of "goings on" sometimes. Just last month i left my light on in my bathroom and i woke up in the middle of the night by the sound of crackling noises and flashing lightbulbs in the bathroom, then just as suddenly it all stopped. Was something in the bathroom making this happen? I'd say probably. I think we share all empty space around us with "them". Try not to be afraid, though. Its the living you got to watch out for.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I believe you also, now like you said, the best thing to do is find some history on the house and then you will have a better understanding of you is doing what.

Like Dg said when you live in previously owned housed energies from the people that lived before than your family tends to linger in the house.

And if is a death in the house the energies will be greater. We are no alone in is always someone taking care of us.

We get used to the ones that are always with us, but the ones that are strangers are the ones you will notice more.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This isnt the first time ive noticed ghosts when i was about 8 i saw my grandad die on the stairs and after that i used to hear footsteps in the hall outside my bedroom then id jump up and go out to see who was there but there was nobody everyone was in bed. I figured that was my grandad seeing as he died at the top of the stairs on that hallway.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox

As for you creamsoda, you probally had your bass up to much and it rattled off.

LOL, nah, It was nice and quiet and I was getting ready to go somewhere when it happend. Did I mention that I was home alone? And no for you people who think nasy thoughts, it wasnt because I was pumping too hard LOL.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Get it serviced by your gas company. They'll come out and check it for free. Is there a sulfery gas smell when it isn't lit?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
No theres never a smell of gas its like the gas turns on it gets sparked up then after a while the gas turns off.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We have a ghost in our house. We believe it to be my Dad. My husband will ask him to put whatever it is we have lost back, so we can fnd it. It always shows back up

I have heard a man talking in my kid's room when they were babies(and then shared a room) No one was there

MANY nights it sounds like the kids are running around upstairs. I go to look and both are sound asleep(they are 5) My daughter would FOR SURE talk to me if she was awake, as I doubt she could help herself.

I have seen a man on my stairs more than once(out of the corner of my eye)

My son, when he was 3, picked up a picture of my Mom and Dad and said "Who is that?" I told him his grandfather. He answered me "No, that is my friend, he talks to me"

Rarely is it scary. I would have the fireplace checked though. Just for piece of mind

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
"I have seen a man on my stairs more than once(out of the corner of my eye) "

Ive never seen a ghost or anything out of the ordinary although once when i was on mushrooms i could have sworn i saw a ghost that looked just like me but then i remembered i was on trippin on mushrooms.

Yea i should probably get the fireplace checked but its nearly impossible theres a leak cuz if there was there it would smell like gas and i think theres a seperate button to ignite the gas so how would a leak make a spark? If its a ghost turning it on at its pretty considerate of it to turn it off again. Pretty weird why the hell would a ghost wanna light the fireplace maybe it gets cold or something who knows.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Listen, seriously, get a repair man over pronto. If thereis a leak, it could save lives (including yours). This is not a "bump in the night", voices saying sweet nothings issue. Serious safety issue here.

Other thing is to get an electric heater and turn off the gas permanently.

IMHO, ghosts are the last thing you should deal with in this situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Like i was saying before its unlikely theres a leak since theres no smell and just the leak wouldnt ignite the gas but if theres no leak then whys it turning on by itself but im gonna call a repair man anyway better safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Its important to remember that ghosts/hauntings are different from spirit visitations for the most part. Llpoolej- your situation sounds more like a spirit visitation than a ghost. I tend to think of ghosts as being a "stain" or remainder of someones essence that cannot move on and is trapped in the atmosphere. They can also be trapped spirits, unable to cross.

LL- your situation sounds more like a partial manifestation through messages and signs, more the way a spirit will communicate from other realms.

Please note, those are just some theories.

Now, Fishbrain, your situation is less clear to me, but it could simply be explainable strange occurrances. However, someone/something may be trying to get attention, without haunting you. It could also, possibly be something. You would have to do a bit more investigating to find out.

The main thing to do is not jump to conclusions. Take the time to think of all of the logical, scientific explanations before assuming paranormal.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I got a repair man and he said theres nothing wrong with it but he says the wind could have blown down the chimney and spread the gas to the pilot light but he said its pretty unlikely. I turned off the pilot light so if it goes on again then there has to be a ghost.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, that's a small relief. Do let us know just how things work out. Yours is one of the more interesting "activity".

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Usually, my ghost is content to just dim the stairway lights, go up and down the stairs, or moan silently if someone sleeps downstairs at night...

In the past couple weeks though, he's done a few more active things. About two weeks ago he locked the bathroom door (which can only be done from the inside). Last night though, we had the doors open to let in the cool air. The dogs started barking at the door, and there was nothing there, then the door just slams shut! Now, this is one heavy door, and it is kind of swelled in it's frame. At first, I assumed, well maybe just the wind. But, there were plenty of papers on the table in front of the door. Any wind powerful enough to even move that door, would have blown papers all over the place (as a few mild breezes already did). Not to mention, the dogs don't bark at just anything. Usually, we're pretty ok with the ghost doing his thing...but that gave us both the heebie jeebies... The other bit is that the wind would have blown the door open, not shut...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join