It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Bernstein: We are in the midst of a 'malignant presidency'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: seeker1963

Cruz would be magnificent on the SCOTUS ... especially if they could wheel out Ginsburg's corpse and put Cruz in its place.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth ... those teeth ought to be about worn down to nubs by now.

I agree! I would have never voted for him as a president, but as a SCJ? Hell yea! Heads will explode!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Can anyone break down for everyone how Trump is or would be any worse than any other as usual Ruling Establishment puppet, and do it without resorting to raw personal emotional impressions?

Be sure to be honest with yourself regarding Obama or Bush before drawing the comparisons.

Thanks!

I guess that's a NO...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Or I just sit back on my deck with the cocktail of choice and watch the magnificent train wreck continue.

I have to wonder who they think they're convincing, but it sure is entertaining to watch them screech.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The harmful Globalism is the Rockefeller, Rothschild type that wants to impose a one world secular, political, economic and cultural system on the world.

Deep state is the power behind the throne.

I agree with this 100%. But I don't agree that they are pro-Israel. They are anti-Israel, anti-America, anti-Russia. They are against any strong nationalistic country that won't bend the knee to the One World Government. That's why the UN always condemns countries like the U.S., Israel and Russia. They are trying to turn the Globe against us, and force us to either submit to their will, or be eradicated.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: seeker1963
The fact he is promoting the downfall of a Democratically elected President is enough for me to question his motive and background.

Well, Bernstein helped bring down one democratically-elected president, and the world generally agrees that he performed a good deed in doing so.

So in terms of background, he has some pretty strong credentials as a righter of wrongs. That suggests benign motives, surely.

Whether he is right about Trump, I have no opinion.

He got lucky almost 50 years ago in that there was actually a crime that was committed.

He did what any journalist would do back then.

No where near what they do now.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Pretty much can't argue with that. The US press in general had a serious "Watergate Delusion Syndrome" for the next few decades after Woodstein's masterwork.

I think I am right in saying that every single president after Nixon got caught up in some huge scandal that got called "whatever-gate" (Clinton was actually impeached over a blowjob ffs) until Bush II broke the pattern by essentially blackmailing the press into keeping schtum because, you know, 9/11.

Even Dan Rather admitted that journalists felt cowed by the pressure to be seen as patriotic and supporting the presidency, and didn't ask hard questions that they should have done. Can you imagine any other president getting away with what W did?

After that, Obama got a smooth ride (too smooth, if you ask me) and now we seem to be back where we started with columnists and commentators clamouring for Trump's head on a pike. So really, the W-Obama period marked a sort of truce, and this is the resumption of hostilities.

What I think this amounts to is the 'Benghazification' of Trump, as in it's a completely hyped-up lot of nonsense that is being kept in play by partisans. The principle is that if you throw enough mud, some of it will stick, and if you keep on throwing for long enough, so much mud will stick that no-one will be able to see the person underneath it any more.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I'm not deflecting, I'm not addressing anything about Cruz because it's not about Cruz you keep trying to Make it about him and deflecting from what I said

Which is Trump supporters are hypocrites for wanting to hang CNN for lies and making them an enemy of the state.....when trump lies Constantly and you guys ignore it

Your posts prove my point

List of Trump lies

Whether you like the Times or not, im not a fan, but I looked every single one of these up and they were accurate on every one.....

And this is just a short list not counting some of the crap he spouted in the debates......I know you guys wont do your research because you have no interest in the truth.....
edit on 7/1/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

it calls on our journalists to do a different kind of reporting

From your source.

If Carl Bernstein can't seem to see the problem in today's journalistic endeavors then he just ruined whatever credibility there is to his own ethics concerning journalism.
Nothing grand about this, except for the fact that the horizon widens with the scope of deception. Deception from the media directed towards the citizens.

Some people would prefer to see the Nation burn rather than succeed. I get why, but it is still a shame none the less.
edit on 2-7-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This is in your article " “Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.” (There's no evidence of illegal voting.)'

How will we know how many illegal votes were cast until the results of the investigation are in? It's an unproven claim, not a lie.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Bernstein is not "all there" at this point in his life. But, because of past glories, his words (unfortunately) are still taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Which is Trump supporters are hypocrites for wanting to hang CNN for lies and making them an enemy of the state.....when trump lies Constantly and you guys ignore it

Of coarse Trump lies. So did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, and so on a so forth.

That doesn't give CNN the right to lie. Does it give anyone else the right to lie? Of course not.

That is just disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

This was in your article: "Someone should look into who paid for the small organized rallies yesterday. The election is over!” (There's no evidence of paid protesters.)"

Again, it's an unsubstantiated claim, not a lie. Just more fake news from the New York Times.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This doesn't make sense.
Carl Bernstein used to be Carl Bernstain.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bernstein is not "all there" at this point in his life. But, because of past glories, his words (unfortunately) are still taken seriously.

I get that. But if he is all there, it discredits his past glories. Anyone would have to be an idiot not to be able to see through the media at this point. The proof of what they are doing is already out. To defend the media at this point is grasping at straws.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I think we can start calling it the Trump effect.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

By using the word 'malignant' Bernstein is openly alluding to John Dean's 'Watergate' conversation with Nixon on 21 March 1973, better known as the 'Cancer on the Presidency' tape.

I think, I think that, uh, there's no doubt about the seriousness of the problem we're, we've got. We have a cancer--within, close to the Presidency, that's growing. It's growing daily. It's compounding, it grows geometrically now because it compounds itself.

If you're not familiar with it already, you can listen to that tape here.

Bernstein's remarks are a barely-veiled way of calling for Trump to be 'excised' like a malignant tumour, as Nixon was.

The malignant tumor isn't Trump though, it's the opposite. Right now the cancer in America is calling the the body malignant. When Hillary, (The main malignant growth) lost the election, the cancer became fast acting on the losing side of America, and now it is close to being terminal.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

I think we can start calling it the Trump effect.

He has a time machine.

edit on 2017-07-02T00:22:20-05:002201702America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

He is the Time Machine.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: carewemust

I get that. But if he is all there, it discredits his past glories. Anyone would have to be an idiot not to be able to see through the media at this point. The proof of what they are doing is already out. To defend the media at this point is grasping at straws.

Bob Woodward seems a little more grounded than ol Carl.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

"We have to ... be kind of medical reporters right now," he added. "I don't mean about the President's psyche, but rather about every aspect of his presidency, and how and whether it is functioning, because many aspects are not functioning."

I often wonder if people understand the words that are coming out of their mouths.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join