It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Bernstein: We are in the midst of a 'malignant presidency'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Uh huh...

Uh huh

"But then it goes off into all that...that's the kind of thing the media jumps on."

"I know this, we see a bunch of mechanical wreckage on Mars."

If you want to belittle Jones, at least belittle him for the right things.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Continue to buy everything Trump says hook line and sinker, despite being caught it so many lies.....

Alternative facts*

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Most of Trump's lies aren't even lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I am past that. I see the end result and the poison being filled in the mind of kids that will act on it against my kids and it all makes me see this whole ordeal as a threat to our collective continued existence.

The same way these "journalists" sell wars that kill our kids and brothers, the way they prop up propaganda against our better interests, the way they warp and twist the public mind so we are always at odds.

I dont care, I will say it. I hope they all die or become irrelevant already. No shame in saying that. No problem hearing it heard all the time about people over their jobs (cops, soldiers) or their ideas or beliefs, or anything else that is convenient towards dehumanizing people.

The opposition should be happy. Mission accomplished. Rules for radicals and no holds barred humanity. Awesome.

Shoot, for all I know the next misfortune they make millions of dollars off at the expense of my peoples well being may be for ratings.

I dont mind. I hope their ability to do this ends.

edit on 7 1 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I wonder do at least the Trump supporters see that Trump is a malicious divider and one who brings out the worst in people.

No, they blame Hillary, Obama, Nibiru, gay frogs, liberals smoking pot, round earthers, mexico, isis, and anything else instead of their dear leader. I seen this type of behavior with the radical left's view on anita sarkeesian who blatantly tells lies and they will defend her without question and simply shut down anyone that would dare disprove or disagree with her.

both sides are cancerous, but Trump is the president...that certainly spikes my concern far more than some hag on youtube.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What's malignant is the movement inside and outside of the government to subvert this man's presidency. He is so busy defending himself that he doesn't have much time left to do his job.

What is being done to him, in my view, is criminal.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thing is that neither side here are telling anything close to the truth. The press has been caught out blatantly lying too. So there really isn't any high ground and anyone who argues otherwise is missing the point.

Trump lies. Obama lies. Politicians lie.

But now, the press is lying too.

So where do we go from here?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Irony:

Trump supporters lambasting CNN, saying they should be shut down, calling them an enemy of the state, saying they cant be trust because so many lies...

Continue to buy everything Trump says hook line and sinker, despite being caught it so many lies.....

Irony, someone so butt hurt over Cruz they are now aligning with the Progressives hell bent on destroying the Republic?

Would love to see Cruz appointed to the SCOTUS, but you just keep pounding that salt!
edit on 1-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Carl why don't you tell all the young people about your mom and dad being card carrying members of the Communist party.

Oh, remember the time I squirted ketchup on your expensive Italian leather shoes ?

G. Gordon payed me a quarter to do that, ya red bastard.

Buck

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
a reply to: Willtell

Sorry, but no. Just look at the UN resolutions and votes regarding Israel. They are all heavily anti-Israel. As Obama had the US abstain so that the anti-Israel vote could go through.

US abandons Israel as UN votes against Israeli settlements ...

You can’t go by externals, like UN votes. The Globalist deep state agenda exists in the hidden world of real power—behind the scenes.

Like the controllers of CNN who are close to the CIA and Zionist groups.

For instance, you can observe them by following the attack on Syria that Israel took a big part in as well the US in their aiding and abetting Al Qaeda groups in Syria so they could overthrow an enemy of Israel, Assad.

The fact that we don’t EVER get in the MSM Assad’s side of the story, is the deep state in action and that it is a very close ally of Israel.

Also, Globalism and the deep state are two different sides of the same coin.

Globalism per se is not harmful, since were all connected, but when they become too imperial, such as forcing cultural changes on society, then it’s pernicious.

The harmful Globalism is the Rockefeller, Rothschild type that wants to impose a one world secular, political, economic and cultural system on the world.

Deep state is the power behind the throne.

In this environment deep state( power behind the throne) is connected to Globalism through power, not ideology, save through the ideology of a one-world agenda...

Trump is connected to them through power, since he really has no ideology in anything....but making money for himself.

Such a one is easy to control and manipulate

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
What's malignant is the movement inside and outside of the government to subvert this man's presidency. He is so busy defending himself that he doesn't have much time left to do his job.

Plenty of time to play golf though, it seems.

Trump knows perfectly well that his rows with the press are being perceived by his voter-base as 'the elites' trying to thwart him. It's a pantomime and he's playing it for all he's worth. He knows that the red state non-coastal USA is watching with approval.

Nothing wrong in that, it's a perfectly workable strategy.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Trump lies. Obama lies. Politicians lie.

But now, the press is lying too.

So where do we go from here?

We go to the pub. have a good evening

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Irony:

Trump supporters lambasting CNN, saying they should be shut down, calling them an enemy of the state, saying they cant be trust because so many lies...

Irony, someone so butt hurt over Cruz they are now aligning with the Progressives hell bent on destroying the Republic?

Would love to see Cruz appointed to the SCOTUS, but you just keep pounding that salt!

Deflection.....

Has nothing to do with Cruz and everything to do with Trump and his constant lying...

You guys are so brainwashed you either refuse to see it or just refuse to acknowledge him as anything less than a god in your eyes.....

Get over the primaries, we're talking about Trump here stop deflecting its pathetic

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What are Trump's big lies that really burns your britches?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Irony:

Deflection.....

Has nothing to do with Cruz and everything to do with Trump and his constant lying...

You guys are so brainwashed you either refuse to see it or just refuse to acknowledge him as anything less than a god in your eyes.....

Get over the primaries, we're talking about Trump here stop deflecting its pathetic

No deflection at all!

The proof is in anyone who wants to look at your past posts!

I even said, I would love to see Cruz nominated as SCOTUS and you are still deflecting like you didn't get a trophy!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

I saw this article/video a few hours ago. Thanks for posting it. I honestly feel that the MSM is conducting a different kind of reporting already, or at least an amplification of it. I haven't ever seen more fake news, unsourced sloppy reporting, and blatant obvious partisan slander in my lifetime. Nor has my father, who incidentally is a newspaper publisher.

Yes and really, dos Mac and Quack really believe they have the pull on this? To take down a president? This makes them look stupider than ever.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

originally posted by: 123143

Plenty of time to play golf though, it seems.

Trump knows perfectly well that his rows with the press are being perceived by his voter-base as 'the elites' trying to thwart him. It's a pantomime and he's playing it for all he's worth. He knows that the red state non-coastal USA is watching with approval.

Nothing wrong in that, it's a perfectly workable strategy.

If its not a policy issue don't care or really want to hear about it. Rows with the press? Hyper drama bullshi* stuff. And really its the press that have spun the us against them mentality BS artists about BS.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Cruz would be magnificent on the SCOTUS ... especially if they could wheel out Ginsburg's corpse and put Cruz in its place.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth ... those teeth ought to be about worn down to nubs by now.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I can't remember who it was* that described the press as "the entertainment arm of the military-industrial complex", but it's a phrase I reach for whenever the press are being melodramatic and high-handed. And it has the added benefit of being true.

* = Probably George Carlin

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: Logarock

I can't remember who it was* that described the press as "the entertainment arm of the military-industrial complex", but it's a phrase I reach for whenever the press are being melodramatic and high-handed. And it has the added benefit of being true.

* = Probably George Carlin

I had to google it as I'm a Carlin fan. First few search links attribute the quote to Frank Zappa

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join