It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Bernstein: We are in the midst of a 'malignant presidency'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
CNN is like the Alex Jones of the left. Sorry but anything published by them I can't take serious anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: seeker1963

No, you have a perfect right to bring the subject up. I just thought I'd get it out of the way before Bernstein ended up being portrayed as one of the Elders of Zion or something. It's not really relevant, or at least I can't find any suggestion that Bernstein's ancestry is significant in all this. You may know something I don't, but I doubt it.

The fact he is promoting the downfall of a Democratically elected President is enough for me to question his motive and background.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
We've got a cancer all right and it isn't the presidency. It's in the press.

Yeah but the same press that you lambast now, is the same press that helped him get elected.

Trump played the press for all it was worth in the election, now their playing with him until he is worth nothing.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'd take Alex's word over CNN any day, as long as he has his shirt on and isn't in the middle of a crazy rant.

But even then, I still might..
edit on 1-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
The fact he is promoting the downfall of a Democratically elected President is enough for me to question his motive and background.

Well, Bernstein helped bring down one democratically-elected president, and the world generally agrees that he performed a good deed in doing so.

So in terms of background, he has some pretty strong credentials as a righter of wrongs. That suggests benign motives, surely.

Whether he is right about Trump, I have no opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm one who has never heard of this Bernstein guy, so he can't be a 'legend'

And your source-CNN , yeah ok.

Anyone left on earth who respects CNN 's opinions in the least? I don't. And all you get from them are 'opinions', the opinions of libtard minions, I'll just throw this in the bin.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

That would be interesting as The National Enquirer is a part of Trumps media team

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
CNN has been caught in so many lies that they have to up their game. I'm expecting their next big lie to be Trump is an alien. Probably already hired someone from the National Enquirer to write it.

Trump is an alien and he's having a gay affair with Bat Boy.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Well, Bernstein helped bring down one democratically-elected president, and the world generally agrees that he performed a good deed in doing so.

So in terms of background, he has some pretty strong credentials as a righter of wrongs. That suggests benign motives, surely.

That's all I am trying to say. People change, be it for good or bad, and many times money is involved in how they change. I prefer to take peoples words for exactly what they are, words.

Show me proof, then we can talk, otherwise your opinion is nothing more than my opinion and history will prove who was right and who was wrong. Well, in a world where truth was valued over lies.....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Bernstein is waaaaay past his prime, and the world is evolving beyond his weakened mind's capacity to adapt.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I'm one who has never heard of this Bernstein guy, so he can't be a 'legend'

No education, books or documentaries in NZ???
Even internet seems to be there, otherwise you weren´t able to write that here, but even that didn´t help...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: ketsuko
We've got a cancer all right and it isn't the presidency. It's in the press.

Yeah but the same press that you lambast now, is the same press that helped him get elected.

Trump played the press for all it was worth in the election, now their playing with him until he is worth nothing.

All the press is doing now is losing more credibility by the hour.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

CNN has been caught in so many lies that they have to up their game. I'm expecting their next big lie to be Trump is an alien. Probably already hired someone from the National Enquirer to write it.

Yeah at some point in time CNN might catch up to trump telling lies. It will take awhile though.
POLITIFACT.....Fact check website.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

That would be interesting as The National Enquirer is a part of Trumps media team
Egads you have figured out why one of their employees would leave to join CNN!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Richard Nixon was as bent as a hairpin, committed numerous high crimes and misdemeanours, and resigned the presidency in order to avoid impeachment and certain conviction.

This is the opinion of virtually everyone who was involved in Watergate, every Congressman who heard the Watergate tapes and was involved in the Watergate hearings, and pretty much every historian who has ever written about the subject.

This goes beyond mere opinion. I don't think it can be thought of as controversial.

Arguably, the big ethical problem with Watergate is that it was brought to a halt too early to allow the exposure of the entirety of Nixon's criminality, some of which is truly breathtaking, but that's another topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Yeah at some point in time CNN might catch up to trump telling lies. It will take awhile though.
POLITIFACT.....Fact check website.

www.politifact.com...

Let the political sites run your thoughts do you?

So sad

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Haha, a sideways move at best.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That's all I am trying to say. People change, be it for good or bad, and many times money is involved in how they change. I prefer to take peoples words for exactly what they are, words.

Show me proof, then we can talk, otherwise your opinion is nothing more than my opinion and history will prove who was right and who was wrong. Well, in a world where truth was valued over lies.....

Naw you got it all wrong, this is 2017 and I want a political website to tell me what I think, or perhaps a nice poll. You know that Jon Stewart is some newscaster.
edit on 1-7-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Richard Nixon was as bent as a hairpin, committed numerous high crimes and misdemeanours, and resigned the presidency in order to avoid impeachment and certain conviction.

This is the opinion of virtually everyone who was involved in Watergate, every Congressman who heard the Watergate tapes and was involved in the Watergate hearings, and pretty much every historian who has ever written about the subject.

This goes beyond mere opinion. I don't think it can be thought of as controversial.

Arguably, the big ethical problem with Watergate is that it was brought to a halt too early to allow the exposure of the entirety of Nixon's criminality, some of which is truly breathtaking, but that's another topic.

What does Nixon have to do with any of this?

I could care less if Nixon was guilty and went down for it! I want to see the same kind of morality (using that term loosely) applied to EVERY political zealot who worships their party! Think that will happen? Nah, it won't. You guys who have chosen to worship politicians as your saviors in life won't get it until that brief moment before that flash of bright light turns you into carbon!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join