It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carl Bernstein: We are in the midst of a 'malignant presidency'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This article reads like there is something seriously brewing behind the scenes.

Couple this with Trump's crazy tweets this week about the MSNBC hosts who say he is unstable and it's starting to seem like DC/TPTB isn't going to suffer Trump much more. Apparently even members of his own Cabinet are getting fed up. Rumors have it that Rex Tillerson is about to take a walk. REXit.

(CNN)Journalism legend Carl Bernstein called on the US press Friday to rise to the challenge of the Donald Trump presidency, which he characterized as "malignant."

"We're in foreign territory," Bernstein said, speaking on CNN's "New Day." "We have never been in a malignant presidency like this before. It calls on our leaders, it calls on our journalists to do a different kind of reporting, a different kind of dealing with this presidency and the President."

Bernstein went on to argue that the Trump presidency's deepest problems are becoming an open secret in Washington. "I think something much greater is happening, and that is that we are in the midst of a malignant presidency," he said. "That malignancy is known to the military leaders of the country. It's known to the Republican leadership in Congress who recognize it, and it's known to the intelligence community."

www.cnn.com...

Video at link too.

Keep in mind that the media and DC knew of the unflattering dossier as early as August/September of 2016 but it didn't come out until much later.
edit on 7/1/2017 by HoldMyBeer because: added link

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

And the link is...

Seriously...wheres the link.
.am I blind?
edit on 1-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: Eta

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I saw this article/video a few hours ago. Thanks for posting it. I honestly feel that the MSM is conducting a different kind of reporting already, or at least an amplification of it. I haven't ever seen more fake news, unsourced sloppy reporting, and blatant obvious partisan slander in my lifetime. Nor has my father, who incidentally is a newspaper publisher.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
To help out the OP, here is the link for the story he mentioned:

Washington Examiner
edit on 1-7-2017 by Sagacity because: edit:typo

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

By using the word 'malignant' Bernstein is openly alluding to John Dean's 'Watergate' conversation with Nixon on 21 March 1973, better known as the 'Cancer on the Presidency' tape.

I think, I think that, uh, there's no doubt about the seriousness of the problem we're, we've got. We have a cancer--within, close to the Presidency, that's growing. It's growing daily. It's compounding, it grows geometrically now because it compounds itself.

If you're not familiar with it already, you can listen to that tape here.

Bernstein's remarks are a barely-veiled way of calling for Trump to be 'excised' like a malignant tumour, as Nixon was.
edit on 1-7-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Thanks, fixed it.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am open to letting bad things happen to CNN employees

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Who is Carl Bernstein and is he a follower of the Talmud?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Wow. Everything old is new again. Thanks for that great background.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

is he a follower of the Talmud?

What does that have to do with jacksquat? Never mind, we all get your veiled BS.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We've got a cancer all right and it isn't the presidency. It's in the press.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You've never heard of Woodward and Bernstein???

en.wikipedia.org...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer

is he a follower of the Talmud?

What does that have to do with jacksquat? Never mind, we all get your veiled BS.

Just about as veiled as your OP?

It's a hit piece against an elected President! Care to explain your agenda Carl?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
CNN has been caught in so many lies that they have to up their game. I'm expecting their next big lie to be Trump is an alien. Probably already hired someone from the National Enquirer to write it.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

He isn't wrong.

At least with past presidents, you could still kind of respect the office, no matter how bad they were. But with Trump, even that is asking too much.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He has Jewish ancestry (and both his parents were card-carrying Communists), but I don't think he regards himself as Jewish or a Communist. I think he would call himself a discerning patriot.

There, just so we don't have to put up with silly innuendo.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Because the last presidency and all those that want Trump to fail are benevolent right?

Didn't this guy write a book on Hillary Clinton?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity

I saw this article/video a few hours ago. Thanks for posting it. I honestly feel that the MSM is conducting a different kind of reporting already, or at least an amplification of it. I haven't ever seen more fake news, unsourced sloppy reporting, and blatant obvious partisan slander in my lifetime. Nor has my father, who incidentally is a newspaper publisher.

What are you talking about, the press has always been this way.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

He has Jewish ancestry (and both his parents were card-carrying Communists), but I don't think he regards himself as Jewish or a Communist. I think he would call himself a discerning patriot.

There, just so we don't have to put up with silly innuendo.

And?

Are you saying I don't have a right to bring up his background and why he might believe as he does? I'm sorry, but many people on the right felt the same way as many of you do on the left about Obama, but you sure as hell didn't see us nor the media acting out in the matter that we see happening today.

The pendulum is swinging back and it won't be good for any of us! So keep playing the game, because it won't discriminate when the plan falls into place!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No, you have a perfect right to bring the subject up. I just thought I'd get it out of the way before Bernstein ended up being portrayed as one of the Elders of Zion or something. It's not really relevant, or at least I can't find any suggestion that Bernstein's ancestry is significant in all this. You may know something I don't, but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join