It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Get A Root Canal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Teeth can cause all sorts of problems. A friend's boyfriend died from not getting a cavity filled - it became infected and went into his brain. Granted, he was not so much a junkie as he was a regular heroin user, so it's surmised he didn't actually feel that his tooth was infected because his pain receptors were screwed up.

I've been fortunate in my health care to find providers who don't mess around. In the case of my rear molar, when an old filling was ready for replacement, my dentist said, "I can remove the filling and give you a root canal. It may or may not take. If it takes, it still might go bad in a few years, if it doesn't take we have to re do it. Either way you're back in a few years to have it pulled. It's a molar, no one will see, the rest of your teeth are healthy, let's just pull it."

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My mother kept sending me pet antibiotics, and I kept taking them, hoping to quell the infection. Note: I took antibiotics for probably a year straight,

Hmmm maybe it was your pore health choices that led to all your problems and not the Doctors?

Who takes pet antibiotics for a whole year strait, because their mommy told them too?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What a tragic story...

I'm so sorry OP.
Hang in there.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Dame dude, that is F'n scary as hell. There is a time and place for a holistic Doctor (I am not a huge fan) but that time is NOW for you. You have some serious toxins in the body, foreign and domestic. Conventional medicine WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER FIGURE IT OUT, I think at this point you can see this...
Seriously, best of luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
When I was a kid I had all kinds of problems with my teeth that I have since grown out of.

One of my permanent molars rotted from the inside out and needed what's called a pulpotomy which is like a root canal's baby cousin. They take all the pulp out and replace it with filler. I had that and it got infected, so it had to be redone. That's the last I've heard from it though.

This about 4th grade.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
@
BigBangWasAnEcho

Dude! All that for a front tooth?

Pet antibiotics? Geeze. Anyway, taking ANY antibiotics for a year is not good.

I've had teeth problems all my life. More teeth, more problems. I'm 63.

My dad lost all his in his early 20's.

I have 3 teeth left. Doc won't pull the 2 lower in front because they are important to anchor my lower. I agree.

The other is a back molar that was RC'd and still has the temp cap I had done in the 80's.

They tell you to save the tooth whenever possible, true but after the 1st botch, I'd have it pulled.

I can't remember how many root canals I've had, 4 or 5 at least.

I had 9 teeth pulled at once in 89'. lol. I have saved 13 teeth I want to make into a necklace.

1 more visit and they will give me an honorary DDS.

Some general advice, brush and floss and any minor mouth or gum problems, like my wife gets canker sores when she eats spicy food, I have her rinse with baking soda and warm water twice a day at least.

There is no substitute for a good dentist.

I had my dentist cut the palate out of my upper. (horseshoe shape)
Way more comfortable and altho I have to use adhesive, I use fixodent powder, it is light years better than a gagging full plate.
You can feel and taste food almost as good as having your own teeth.

I wish everyone good dental health.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Seems very like Lyme disease, the Lyme likes to hid and grow in the deeper part of the gums.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

what a horror story, terrible thing to go through...I had root canals and crowns no problem...I am not doubting you...just that was MY experience....someone asked what is a root canal

root canal...they numb the area....drill in the tooth and scrape out the junk in the roots they put a little medicine and a metal stick into each root,, then they seal it up. sometimes you get a crown if necessary

important advice for anyone getting dentures...after you get your teeth pulled don't let them do the refitting for the denture for at least 2 weeks....otherwise all the swelling hasn't gone down yet and your dentures will not fit right

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have one root canal with a stainless crown.

Every dentist i have paid since had wanted or told me i need the crown replaced with a gold crown and that stainless crowns are only temporary.

But being a veteran i go to veterans stand downs and the dentist that volunteer at them tell me that the stainless crown in just fine and should last the rest of my life.

What really gets the dentist is that i use super glue gel as temporary repair on lost fillings and to fill cavities till i can afford to see a dentist.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

My dentist hates me too.

I use a syringe and wash the tooth out with bleach.

Then load with ambesol and some cotton.

After that a temporary tooth filling agent you can get from pharmacies and top it off with super glue.

Last longer than anything they can do for me.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
I have a recommendation for you.

Buy coconut oil or a nut oil, and ONLY one that says" virgin, cold pressed, unrefined and organic. It will be worth it.

Pleas wake up and before you consume anything, put the oil in your mouth for 15 minutes, gurgling it with your throat. Oil pulling will do great things for you.

Oil pulling does wonders for teeth and gums, I'd recommend it to anyone, it can be hard keeping the oil in your mouth for that long.

To the op yikes that's horrific, I've had a few root canals without issue luckily, hope it gets better for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

So oil really works?
I've heard about it and I'm tempted because mine are really stained.
Too much coffee and an ex smoker.
I must be lucky, though, because I only have a few old fillings and a chipped fronty from sparring.

OP Sounds like a rough deal.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Absolutely it works, I know plenty of people locally who do it and it makes a big difference for them .

Personally I don't have the discipline to do it successfully. I'm working on it though, I will find a way.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It does seem like quite a commitment.

Might give it a go. Got plenty of time on my hands so no excuse really.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I learned back in the Navy that when you get a gum or tooth infection, to put vodka in your mouth, swish it around and spit it out twice a day. Burns really bad where the infection is, but you know its working. You can head off a lot of dental torture by doing this.

Sea salt and warm water works almost immediately.
Plus, you don't waste vodka.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Yes. After a few minutes, you will feel the need to pull mucus from your throat. You must keep your lips closed and wait until your mouth is completely full.

It's a gagging motion, swishing the toxins. You should have lots of bacteria then spit it out, don't swallow.

High quality oil is most important.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Wow OP, that is some terrifying experience you have had.

I've had a root canal done as well, on the upper left molar. My problem was too much decay at the back of it due to not flossing enough - and darn is it hard to reach there. Anyways, after about suffering through half a year of not letting anything cold or sweet touch it as it caused severe pain, I saw a dentist who recommended the procedure.

At first I was a bit nervous, as I've only had a few cavities filled before, and no other major work done. However, the procedure was actually very unique and clean for me. There was a monitor on the roof, and a camera on his specs that allowed me to see what he was doing in real time. Basically from what I remember, he carefully drilled away the decayed portions of the tooth, and completely removed the end of the tooth covering the root itself. After all of the decay was gone, he managed to grab the whole root with some tweezers, and slid the WHOLE thing out in one piece. I didn't even have to see that on the camera, I felt ever bit of it slide out of my tooth, and all pain reception went away with it. I even held it after on a tissue, it was marvelous to see that little thing had been causing me so much pain.

Anyhow, following that, he injected some filling into where the root had been, then molded more filling where all the decay had been taken away. After getting the crown on top of that, I've had no issues at all with it. It's been 2 years now, and fortunately no sign of infection, pain, or changes in my health.

It really is sad to hear a story like yours when I feel it could have been prevented with a dentist who knew what he was doing. It's scary to think what can happen if you get someone who just isn't qualified to do what they are doing. Of course you could have got it pulled first, but I don't blame you at all for choosing not to. I doubled back in my own mind weather I would want mine pulled, and it was at the back where no one would see it anyways. I'm glad I didn't, but now knowing your story I am grateful for how lucky I got there.

I wish you all the best in your quest to get cured, and don't lose hope. I'm sure there is someone out there who can do it, though the way things have gone, it will likely not be easy.

Take care.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think the key is like anything - find a good dentist who cares about what he's doing.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette
Teeth can cause all sorts of problems. A friend's boyfriend died from not getting a cavity filled - it became infected and went into his brain. Granted, he was not so much a junkie as he was a regular heroin user, so it's surmised he didn't actually feel that his tooth was infected because his pain receptors were screwed up.

I've been fortunate in my health care to find providers who don't mess around. In the case of my rear molar, when an old filling was ready for replacement, my dentist said, "I can remove the filling and give you a root canal. It may or may not take. If it takes, it still might go bad in a few years, if it doesn't take we have to re do it. Either way you're back in a few years to have it pulled. It's a molar, no one will see, the rest of your teeth are healthy, let's just pull it."

I doubt him dying had anything to do with his tooth... more than likely it was overdose or just too much heroin in his time. What went into his brain exactly?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry you're going through this. Dental problems have, at times, been the bane of my existence.

One thing I would recommend is to rinse your mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide followed by Listerine (The original kind w/ alcohol). My parents swear by this for removing oral infections.

Also not to sound trite but I really believe God could help you. Hopelessness is an awful feeling; with Christ there is never hopelessness.

And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, and had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, when she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. Mark 5:25-28

Two millennia later and we are still able to reach out for Him.

I hope you are made well soon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join