It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the F/A-22 do the flyby at the Superbowl?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I only caugth a glimps as I am at work, but I swear it looked like 4 F/A-22's flew by. Can anybopdy confirm?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes a flight of 2 F-22s and 2 F-18s carried out a flyby
I didnt watch it myself, due to not being American but I have it reliably from people who watched it that there was a flyby involving F/A-22s.

[edit on 6/2/2005 by RichardPrice]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah it was two Raptors in the flyby
Theres no mistaking that shape the wing shape is very different from any other fighters we have in service.

Me and My brother were talking about what it would be neither of us thought of a raptor,Very cool Flyby

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Of course, I missed it. I did turn up an article discussing the USAF involvement in the festivities. Super Bowl goes super blue

A joint color guard, which includes an Airman from Moody Air Force Base, Ga., will present the national colors.

At the conclusion of the anthem, two Raptors will team up with two Navy F-18 Super Hornets in a joint-formation flyover.

"What better way to showcase America's newest super jet than in front of a stadium crowd of 80,000 fans and more than 144 million television viewers," said Wendy Varhegyi, Air Force community relations chief.

Air Force involvement will not be limited to pre-game ceremonies.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Anyone got any pics from the flyover?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The F-18E and F/A-22 would make a hell of a team if used in combination. Think about it, have the F-22's out ahead as a stealthy picket line, cross deck the ASRA radar feed that has a really long range, the opfor will key on the Super Hornets and the Raptors can fire thier AIM120-C without having to use thier radars.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
No pics yet but this confirms it..

"2/1/2005 - WASHINGTON -- An Air Force F/A-22 Raptor will be a highlight during pre-game festivities at Super Bowl XXXIX where the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles face each other Feb. 6."Air Force link

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah they did, but I don't care my Birds lost!!!!!!!!!

I'm gunna go jump off the Ben Franklin now....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
well damn, my hatred of organized sports has made me miss an F/A-22 flyover, i'm going to go re-evaluate myself now

please for the love of God tell me somebody has pictures

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
well damn, my hatred of organized sports has made me miss an F/A-22 flyover...

Same here. I'd watch football if there was an even chance that something like that would happen during the game!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre

Originally posted by KKing123
well damn, my hatred of organized sports has made me miss an F/A-22 flyover...

Same here. I'd watch football if there was an even chance that something like that would happen during the game!

They do it every superbowl. last year they had a B-2, F-117, and F/A-22

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
They were only shown on the tv for about a second. It was very dark so the pictures (if they are eventually posted) might be lacking. All four had some type of indiglow badgeing on them simliar to what the Le Man's car's use (only race i've seen with it).

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
At the end of the game, they went to a break and showed the Fly-by again, I didnt see a raptor/ f22.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I saw, very clearly, two 18's and two 22's in the flyby

They did do an earlier flyby with a b17 and two prop fighters of some kind.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The only flyby I ever see at Rotherham matches is the chopper belonging to the local plod as they keep a beady eye on the visiting hooligans as they make there way to the ground

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Didn't need it, I saw it...very sweet, hehe... I'm surprised my dad didn't tell me to watch for it...then again, he knew I'd be watching....

The video was kind of dark though, but the tails of the Raptors are pretty distinct... I almost thought it was 4 Raptors at first, but then saw the others were F-18s....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Didn't need it, I saw it...very sweet, hehe... I'm surprised my dad didn't tell me to watch for it...then again, he knew I'd be watching....

The video was kind of dark though, but the tails of the Raptors are pretty distinct... I almost thought it was 4 Raptors at first, but then saw the others were F-18s....

What I seen was the group of F-18s, a group of 4. I wish I would have seen the raptors.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I saw it, just in hopes there would be some sort of fly-by. Same reason I watch the beginning of any NASCAR race. I was amazed when i saw the F/A-22s. You could see they clear as day. It was great to see the looks on the players too. They showed them looking amazed, as if they weren't expecting to see them either.

After that I left my roommate with his game... The only football I care about is Arsenal's team.

EDIT: I think it would have been much more awesome to have a B-52 flyover the field at very low altitude though. But that's just my personal preference.

[edit on 2/7/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Are there any pics of the flyover?, I cant find any.....

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would have seen the replay at the end of the game if the d@mn cable hadn't gone crazy starting with the last two minutes of the game. I sure hope somebody has pictures.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join