It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada becomes 5th state in US to sell legal recreational cannabis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i hate teh smell of weed smoke even being in the room with people smoking it makes me get sick .
I have tried it a few times and every time i Get sick looks like i am alergic to it .
Haveing said that right at this moment over 45 to 60 million people have committed a Crime many a felony by having weed . And see that number shows this Government really is and wants a police state .
So yes it should be legal along with every other drug and then just have drug bars as the only place to use .
Along with prostitution > which isnt even druging anyone what two consenting adults do with tehre money is no ones business .
Again and regulate it and watch the prison population drop like a rock . Which again proves POLICE state when this is all it takes to reduce crime ( reduce gangs ( cant make money on the streets when the client can just go to a store and buy can they ?
OOO no dout the Government did every thing they could to incress the so called war on drugs .
Heck Trump is all for more prisons so dont hold your breath on sanity any time soon

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Sorry to distract from the fact Nevada has made a great historic move in the right direction. But gonna throw a flag here... Besides the thread was derailed in the OP.

originally posted by: underwerks
As we speak, Jeff Sessions' secret marijuana committee is meeting. What they decide to do will inevitably shape our country and our criminal justice system.

You do realize this thread would have twice the impact if you were capable of keeping your political posturing out of it right? It should have twice the flags placing it as front page news where it belongs. But by the second paragraph and second sentence we are in Jeff Sessions la-la land again... Thus lowering the impact. Kudos once again.

originally posted by: underwerks
There is nothing wrong with being labeled that.

Actually the word "stoner" is pot shaming.
I thought you were against shaming?
Or just select kinds of shaming? You know the kind...

Being called "stoner" automatically says 2 things "slow" and "lazy"...
Not sure about you bro.
But I'm neither.
I prefer the term "cannabis connoisseur"
Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Lifelong stoner here, and I'd have to politely disagree with you about the terminology.

How is mentioning the biggest threat to legalization taking the OP off topic, when the topic is legalization? It sounds like your partisanship is causing you to overlook the gravest threat to the cannabis industry in the U.S.

You do realize that Jeff Sessions has a closed committee working on the cannabis "problem" and all voices from the cannabis industry are being frozen out, right?

It's a testament to your own partisanship that you refuse to see someone who wants to dismantle the cannabis industry as a threat. Don't confuse that with partisanship on my part.

edit on 2-7-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Legalization,legalizations, you keep saying it but why didn't Obama work on legalizing it during his eight years?

The industry will be fine Jeff can say what he want to but it will not stop the industry from growing, it's too late to stop it now so stop worrying.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: underwerks

Legalization,legalizations, you keep saying it but why didn't Obama work on legalizing it during his eight years?

The industry will be fine Jeff can say what he want to but it will not stop the industry from growing, it's too late to stop it now so stop worrying.

Baby steps. The misinformation and lies about cannabis are still ingrained in a lot of people.

It has to start with something like the Comey memo as a way to prove that it actually works legally in limited areas, then you push for more sweeping changes once you have evidence to back it up.

Plus you have tobacco and alcohol and private prison companies investing large sums into cannabis prohibition on all fronts. It shouldn't be lost on even Trump supporters that Sessions gets a nice chunk of income from the private prison and tobacco lobby.

I'm not worried, I said in the OP the Trump admin is too impotent at this point to really change anything.
Trump and Sessions have zero power. Us the people, do.
edit on 2-7-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Update:

I'm standing in line at Blum dispensary in Reno right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join