It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Proof - Brenden Urie Openly Blames Song Change On Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So the band Panic At The Disco has a song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies".

The lead singer of the band (Brenden Urie) wrote the song.

The song had the lyric:
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing the goddamn door?"

Which changed to:
"Haven't you people ever heard of closing a goddamn door?"

After the change, people started asking Brendon about it..

He was unable to explain the change, and remembers it as "the door".

Yet in this reality the lyric has always been "a door" (in print and recordings)..

However, he still sings "the door" when performing and acknowledges he wrote it as "the", and remembers it as "the" in print and recordings.

Here are examples of people singing it the way they remember with "the door" (skip forward to examples).

NEW

During a recent radio interview, the singer openly blames the change on the Mandela Effect.

He states:
"I have no idea. Now let me say my peace, and I'll let it be.. I think there's a Mandela Effect thing happening."

It's not for publicity - he indicates he doesn't really like talking about it (he can't help people ask him about it), and artists don't re-work lyrics after publication - unless they re-release the song.

Naysayers say this is a 'memory issue'.
He wrote the song, so it's not a memory issue.

Naysayers often say "Why don't professionals come forward?"
Well, now they are.

So there you have it. A professional openly admits his lyrics changed in print and recordings, yet can't explain it and is now out-and-out calling it a Mandela Effect.

Kudos Brendon Urie!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I just listened to the music video and it still sounds like he says the, not a. However, the written lyrics online have definitely changed to a. I don't really know how that adds to the discussion but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

THE THE THE!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

*too fast-removed
edit on 1-7-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Closing the and closing a sound almost exactly the same. Sounds to me like he wrote the and someone thought it sounded like a. That's the case with almost all of these lyrics, two things that sound alike and someone gets it wrong.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Sometimes I
Think someone screwed up
The programming in some
Sort of glitched-out update
Because it's a bit freaky,
Though still explainable usually...
And other times I think
It's just a bunch of mistaken memories.

But when you wrote the song and your own lyrics change, it must be creepy as heck.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oh and ...
From Brendon himself ...

Btw, there is no answer. I've sung "Sins" both ways. Doesn't matter. Trust me, it's all right.

twitter.com... -sins-not-tragedies-lyrics%2F

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is a good one. That was my best friends favorite song in high school.

I had to hear it too much

It was clearly "the"

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Lead singer says he sings it both ways.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Naysayers say this is a 'memory issue'.
He wrote the song, so it's not a memory issue.

this is why the mandolin delusion cult cannot be taken seriously

REALLY ?

do you really think that you cannot miss-remember something you did ?????????????????

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Not that it matters as the guy in question flat out says he sings it both ways.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He clearly says in the interview that he sings it "the" (and the announcer and co-host both say "good") - but that it's ok to sing it either way.

Still doesn't explain why he remembers writing "the" and now it says "a".

It's not just misremembering something you did - the guy sang it thousands of times - plus he wrote it - and he says it was "the".

--

Sometimes I think some scientist at CERN could flat out say "We created the Mandela Effect - it's real." - and the Naysayers would still find some reason to argue with.

You don't trust yourself - and you don't trust the guy that wrote the song. It's a pity (wake up).

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

so you believe that you cannot miss-remember your own actions ?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And if recreational drugs and booze are thrown in...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Some obscure band i have never heard of say the lyrics of a song I have never heard of changed from a to the (or vice versa)????!!!!!!

I think there should be a UN enquiry.

After all, it couldnt possibly be a publcity stunt

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As someone who had regularly listened to that song for many years this is actually pretty freaky. The studio recording was THE. Im not misremembering that, he kinda emphasized THE in the song when he sang it. Now the studio recording has changed. Very Erie.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What im pondering about this mandela effect is why should anything really change?

If we say there is infinite universes, therefore there is no reason why we should end up in a universe where stuff has changed?

I love to ponder about this

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging
a reply to: Boomy327

Thanks guys - your input helps. I was never a fan - but they played the crap out of that song everywhere you went on the dial for years. So I've definitely heard it more than a few times. I remember "the" - and I'm very glad the singer is outspoken enough to put the truth out there - that's an honest person - so he gets my gratitude.

I like that he wore a GBH shirt in one shot.. We went to Salt Lake after a Moab trip just to see GBH - good ol' classic punk - good show too.

---

Hmmmm... The Naysayers seem unusually quiet on this one!

edit on 1-7-2017 by Pearj because: he had more to say.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If by quiet you mean I sourced him saying he sings it both ways and to the people freaking out he literally said "Trust me, it's all right."

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Oh and ...
From Brendon himself ...

Btw, there is no answer. I've sung "Sins" both ways. Doesn't matter. Trust me, it's all right.

twitter.com... -sins-not-tragedies-lyrics%2F

Sure... Brendon NOW says -- after the time shift -- that he sings it both ways, and "Trust me, it's all right."

However, when he made that Tweet on January 30, the universe was in a different reality.

edit on 2017/7/1 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join