It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pair of bone-bladed knives

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla
Right on! I have seen first hand the intensive labor required to get this level of craftsmanship. It is no easy task, and just takes years and years of practice to refine. I understand 100% the frustration too when some people will want to low-ball or talk trash about pricing. Online is probably the best option now a days or those who don't have the opportunity to visit those trade shows that charge a hefty price just for showing the wares. I think part of that may go into why some work I see locally is much higher. My wife wanted to get a stall at next years State Fair to sell some southwestern and native American crafts, and was utterly shocked at the pricing . She still plans on going, but has to raise the price of the stuff she wants to sell just to make it worth it.

Its like a cath -22. She wants to sell cheaper to get the most volume out of the event, but the event is charging so much she has to increase the prices just to stay profitable. As a result, she probably will not get to sell as much as she wanted.

Your equipment would sell like hot cakes at the annual renaissance festival we have near the university.
edit on 7-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
BEAUTIFUL! But will it keel?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I saw the ones in your shop, that's what got the brain turning. I was thinking about maybe getting my initials carved into it and like the second one you posted there. assuming you will ship to the USA, what would it cost extra to do my initials?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

seems like you would be a dab hand at making props for renaissance fairs and the like. there is a serious market for that kind of trade, you might want to look into it.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

It weeel!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

I wouldnt charge you for two initials, they can be carved or burned on easily enough, i reckon carved would be better for these as the antler surface is rough. I ship anywhere too

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Aye, i initially though of doing museum replics and stuff for educators at first a few years ago but gradually realised there was a market for my kind of stuff. We dont really have the same renaissance fair stuff going on in the uk, i'm going the route of going to music festivals to sell wares and lead workshops in trad crafts with all this kind of stuff. First one in two weeks!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: TzarChasm

Aye, i initially though of doing museum replics and stuff for educators at first a few years ago but gradually realised there was a market for my kind of stuff. We dont really have the same renaissance fair stuff going on in the uk, i'm going the route of going to music festivals to sell wares and lead workshops in trad crafts with all this kind of stuff. First one in two weeks!

anywhere there is a demand is a good place to be the supplier.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

absolutely beautiful. I understand how much work went into your knives. They are as much art as they are weaponry.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I sell steampunk art on a sight called Etsy.
Google it, sign up and create a store.
I've made over over $5000 and I do it as a side project with all the stuff I make.
You will have people from all over the world buying your stuff.

Right now my biggest market is Germany.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I began selling on etsy just before Christmas. For the last few weeks things have been nice and steady. It's great when someone likes your stuff so much that they pay for you to post it half way around the world too... some of my heavier sticks 30% of the cost if postage!

No one reads sigs any more these days

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82
LOL, I just bought one of his blades on Etsy, from his link in sig.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join