It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House panel votes to split Air Force, create new U.S. Space Corps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I drive Uber part time. One of my passengers who was in the military told me that the Air Force had a Space program larger than NASA.

NASA's yearly budget is 18 billion .. so almost everything is bigger than NASA.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well, the Air Force was split from the Army in 1947. I suppose this is meant to be similar.

There was a clearly 'split' command chain between 'regular' Army and the Army Air Corps back then as well.

However, I expect there needs to be a great deal of public study on what this means.

Does the "Space Force" get its own bases on the Moon or just orbiting spacecraft carriers? Who gets the contract to build them "Thunderbirds", the X-Men, or Darth Vader?

An interested tax payer needs to know.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The shower scenes are more interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wonder if you will be able to join them like you would any other service. Or will you have to advance so far in the Air-force and then apply to become a Starship Trooper, space marine.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Somehow i imagine the US already has a Space Corps if somewhat off the budget.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
*Yawn*

Everyone knows the USN already has space ops.

Air-breathing flyboys don't belong in deep space.

Thank you McCloud, we got it from here son.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Exactly what i recall when i clicked on this post. the veil is coming down on something that already exists.

We likely have people already in these roles if we are to believe Ronald Reagan himself, whos diary entry for June 11, 1985 reveals a space shuttle capacity that could launch 300 people into orbit. TR3B perhaps?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
In wars of the future, satellites will be one of the top strategic targets. The army's satellite phones won't work if the satellite has been blown up, and surveillance becomes infinitely harder if the spy satellites have been taken out. Satellites can't be replaced quickly or easily, either.

Both targeting enemy satellites, and trying to protect our own satellites, would be top missions for the Imperial Fleet (sorry, but Trek sucks
)
edit on 7-7-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Double post. Deleted.
edit on 7-7-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join