It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Makes You Happy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
We all have hobbies and things we enjoy, and if you don't, there sure is one waiting for you to enjoy.

Whether its gazing at the stars, running, or simply spending time with friends and family, we have so much to be thankful for.

I personally love tinkering with cars, especially sound systems and getting the perfect bass note. I also love playing the bass guitar. Nothing quite like that buttery rumble.

What about you ATS'rs? Any current or to-be hobbies or enjoyable activies you plan to partake?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Nice topic! S&F

I'm mechanically inclined so I enjoy tinkering as well. Electronics, motors, construction, etc.

I really enjoy modifying, upgrading, and customizing guns. Rifles, handguns, but shotguns are my favorite! I should have been a gunsmith, but living in California limits ones ability to find and retain a decent client list.

I do it all however, and legally mind you.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I plan on launching an ebay store selling hand made imitation novelty fossils, made out of hardened clay and toenail clippings.
edit on 1-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It makes me happy to make someone laugh.
Drinking beer and screwing.
I enjoy painting and playing musical instruments.
Pretty simple kind of man.
I find great satisfaction in kicking ass at pool and chess.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Fly fishing for trout on a misty morning in the mountains.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

Fly fishing for trout on a misty morning in the mountains.

That sounds amazing.

For me its a quiet night, with a glass of 12-15 y/o whiskey.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Walking the hills of paths of Wiltshire, Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Pembrokeshire and a hundred other places with my two dogs. Wild camping in the Brecon Beacons with my son. Mackerel fishing off the rocks in Cornwall, or elsewhere. Nature. Bee orchids, kestrels and slow running streams. A good pint of real ale, and a warm home fire. Oh, not forgetting the night sky and meteorite watching.

Funnily enough, work is not one of my likes!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zakaris
Crush your enemies. See them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.

LMAO

"That is good..."

edit on E31America/ChicagoSat, 01 Jul 2017 04:23:41 -05007amSaturdayst04am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ah great many things really but all those are coming from something i call God, simple things in life here and there,smiles at me like the way that brings that smile on my face too that i cannot ignore it because it just comes through all the current layers and lights my face up.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Reading lots of books.
Lots of books, mainly paranormal strangeness but the odd Gothic novel or something funny.

Listening to music of various types but mainly techno (yeah, I know).
Collecting anything by Frank Zappa, almost obsessively.

Managing to sleep for more than two hours at a time and not waking up in pain.

Terrible B movies from the 70s or any other time as long as its so bad that its good.

Best of all, at the moment, having a natter on ATS in threads that aren't flame-a-thons.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

That happens after the fishing
21 year old Glenfarclas please

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Spine problems?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Roofing on a sunny day takes some beating. It's quite meditative being up there on your own with nothing but birdsong and the breeze. It's an act of creation in some ways and the mind can wonder while the body is working hard. It brings happiness and, more importantly, peace.

I wouldn't rule out any other posts in here either. Lots of things that make most us happy.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This I also enjoy! Also watching chick flicks! a reply to: Zakaris

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Gardening. What others call yard work, I call meditation.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy
a reply to: Tulpa

Spine problems?

Yup.
Degenerative disc disease.
One exploded and squashed the sciatic nerve.
Two surgeries after a four year wait.
Nine years agony (approx).
Ouch!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm the most happy when I'm asleep and dreaming. Next comes eating good food & the third is media consumption like watching shows & movies on TV, listening to podcasts, watching YouTube, visiting forums like this & commenting on web articles. I use to enjoy sailing or boating in general, fishing, modifying cars & photography.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I enjoy vintage audio gear along with playing, thinking or watching hockey.
I enjoy seeing friends succeed.
A perfect peaceful night for me is a nice Autumn night , a candle lit and a good Pink Floyd , Dead Can Dance or Opeth album playing in the background.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join