It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an archive of alleged Moon base images/video?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I haven't ever really looked into this subject much outside of the occasional image posted on the net over the years and I want to look into this more, but I am having trouble finding any such archive on the internet. Does anyone know of any type of archive for alleged Moon base images/video on the web? There must be someone out there who has catalogued this stuff through the years.

Forgive me if there is already a thread here containing an archive, but in all of my years of lurking here, I don't recall one.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

I'm interested in this as well. I was looking for some of these supposed structures also.
I remember seeing one a few years back on here, but wanted to revisit it.

Following this thread

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You can start by Googling John Lear or look through his stuff here as far as the old photo's. Don't be led down the garden path by people like Lazar though and you would be better off just Googling archives from newer, much higher resolution stuff where you can even make out the landers and trails of tracks around them. Like Mars, once you see the good photos, the old stuff about structures seems silly.

I can't think of anything that has been fodder for more hoaxes and utter crap than things surrounding the Moon.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

edit on 1-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: Removed Thank You

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Supposedly amateur astronomers were looking at Aristarchus crater and saw it illuminated (blue) w a hexagonal dome structure on it, but not sure about that story.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I made this some time back..

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Kipp Teague curates a good archive @ The Project Apollo Image Gallery. He's also put a lot on Flickr - Apollo archive. NASA's own archive seems to be down at he mo and hosts hundreds of the lunar images including (iirc) access to the TIFF scans (very, very big images).

There was a site called Living Moon which had an excellent collection of the weirder looking Moon images. It's currently down too and worth checking again in case they get it back and running.

ArMap is someone who knows his way around all the NASA archives. He's the right man to ask if you have a specific series of images in mind.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The NASA archive you point to is technically hosted by Arizona State University, and is working fine. It mainly hosts the Apollo Metric and Panoramic camera photographs. You can also check the Apollo Image Atlas:

www.lpi.usra.edu...

And for other images you can browse through the Lunar Orbital Data Explorer collections:

ode.rsl.wustl.edu...

And Japan, India, USSR and China's archives:

moon.bao.ac.cn...

issdc.gov.in...

l2db.selene.darts.isas.jaxa.jp...

mentallandscape.com...

However I think the OP is after those images showing what are claimed to be artificial structures. There are no such photographs, but there are a lot of places where people with overactive imaginations and/or products to sell will try and convince you that there are some.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Odd. I tried reloading the page a few times and then tried sneaking up on it via other links. Each time was a 'problem loading page.' Putting it down to web gremlins

I used to spend time in the archives to disprove false claims and identify misleading images in threads. It's been so long I had to use google instead of bookmarks. Thanks for the links, I'll browse and see which ones I used to use. The one I really wanted was just a long white page with all the images categorised by roll magazine and listed and linked according to mission. I could be misremembering...

The OP should look at your links although the Teague collection is beautiful.

ETA - your Apollo Image Atlas is one I was looking for so thanks again.

edit on 7.1.2017 by Kandinsky because: Corrected errors

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No problem

There's also the ALSJ:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

and AFJ

history.nasa.gov...

Which, while they are hosted by NASA, are actually maintained by enthusiastic amateurs. As well as lists of the images they often put them in context in the mission transcripts for when they were taken.

I've written tutorial pages on how to deal with the raw images from modern probes here:

onebigmonkey.com...

and have put nearly all the images taken from lunar orbit into Google Moon files (I'm still working through the Apollo 16 Metric Mapping Camera ones):

onebigmonkey.com...

The site I immediately thought of that would be what the OP wanted was 'The Living Moon', but that seems to be AWOL at the moment. As you might guess, I don't believe a word they say and I think the anomaly finders are at best misguided and at worst dishonest. I have seen nothing that can't be explained as natural formations, actual man-made hardware from Apollo missions, faults in the images themselves or downright fakery.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

I've been on your site a few times over the years and like the layout and especially the title font. Usually I just go direct to source sites by searching for image numbers and so forth. From there it's often been simple enough to look at preceding images to explain the anomalies. It's been harder when some asshat replaces the image number to obfuscate its origins. On the other hand it's bloody great to remove the benefit of the doubt and be 100% sure the source is a hoaxer.

Eventually I lost the motivation and the hoax proponents never budge an inch in any case. It's often more rewarding to settle one's own curiosity.

Incidentally, I got to know the owner of Living Moon and grew to like him. Full of mischief and a decent guy imo.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
There was a site called Living Moon which had an excellent collection of the weirder looking Moon images. It's currently down too and worth checking again in case they get it back and running.

It's a temporary server problem that we hope will be solved today.

ArMap is someone who knows his way around all the NASA archives. He's the right man to ask if you have a specific series of images in mind.

I will like to add the Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth, that, despite its name, has almost all the Apollo photos, in relatively high resolution, with no (apparent) processing and some in TIFF version.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I knew there would be some of you here that could help me out. The links you have all posted will greatly assist me and I am sure others as well, thanks so much. Now I am off to dig through all of this....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I made this some time back..

I have to say, that video is quite interesting, and is definitely what I have been looking for. The problem is you don't say where all of these images are sourced from or the story behind them all. Not that I expect you to in a video that is 16 straight minutes of many images. I wonder, do you have those images saved by chance? It seems like you have built up quite an archive. I know it's a lot to ask, but I figure it's worth a shot.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This is evolving into a great resource.

Looks like thelivingmoon is fine at the moment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think it's exactly what you should expect him to do - name the sources. I'd also expect things to be explained properly not just have an arrow or a circle and expect me to guess what I'm looking at.

I made a start when that video first appeared but frankly I got bored. It become obvious several of the '100' are actually duplicates and some of the are not even of our moon. The vast majority of the features are just blemishes in the original images and if they existed would be clearly visible from Earth. Here's what I started.

1. From www.lpi.usra.edu... - would be visible from Earth. Transmission error in the image, one of many on that photo. Not seen on LOIV images of same area or more importantly on the medium resolution image taken at exactly the same time.

2. www.ufosightingsdaily.com... - in the wall of ryder crater lroc.sese.asu.edu... The view of the object in this image lroc.sese.asu.edu... - shows it's just a rock:

3. This is actually Iapetus, one of Saturn's moons.

4. Lunar orbiter image - blobs are from the developing process, which was done in lunar orbit before the image was scanned and the result transmitted to Earth.

5. Delporte crater - I've dealt with this here as it appeared in a Syfy channel programme onebigmonkey.com...

6 Euctemon crater near north pole. Lunar Orbiter image used at planetary gazetteer site. It's an error in the image itself and is not shown in other LO images of the same place.

7. Part of Tycho crater www.youtube.com... and is just a result of poor quality image

8. Peak in Tycho crater casting a shadow www.ufosightingsdaily.com... - again just a product of poor quality image and pareidolia.

9. www.dailymail.co.uk... .html It's from www.lpi.usra.edu... South of Schuster crater, there is a similar scratch in the adjacent crater.

10. Boulder trail, actually very common - www.universetoday.com...

11. Apollo 15 CSM taken from the LM - www.lpi.usra.edu...

12. De Moraes crater - error in the LO image www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

13. From www.lpi.usra.edu... Jansen crater. No 'mothership' in the next photograph taken a few seconds later www.lpi.usra.edu...

14. Copernicus crater - Lunar Orbiter image of the century.

15. Boulder trail - same image as 10.

16. Hoagland fakery and image manipulation of Apollo 14 image

17. LO image.

18. No info given, possibly not even the moon. Edit: This is actually Petavius crater on the moon and was taken by astrophotographer Daman Peach www.damianpeach.com...

19. 3:02 - unknown location

20. Streak across moon - flock of birds!

21: Same as 13

22: Faked China image Murchison crater - dealt with here onebigmonkey.com...

Skipping through to the end there is the old faithful image from Apollo sowing the EVA light attached to the CSM, which is habitually claimed to be a UFO www.nasa.gov...
edit on 2/7/2017 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: added info

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Image number 20 in the video I suggested might be a flock of birds. After some searching I found this article:

truedemocracyparty.net...

which reveals it to be an Apolo 9 image AS09-23-3500

My view is that the 3 streaks visible are part of window markings such as these www.hq.nasa.gov...

top topics

join