It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea is sitting on a stockpile of minerals worth trillions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

North Korea is notorious for its totalitarian regime and human rights violations. Fewer people may realize the secretive country is also sitting on trillions in untapped wealth. Embedded deep beneath the country's mountainous zones are some 200 varieties of minerals, including gold, iron, copper, zinc, magnesite, limestone, tungsten, and graphite, Quartz reports. Some of these stockpiles are among the largest in the world, and North Korea, a tiny and cash-strapped nation, frequently uses them to bring in additional revenue — no matter the laws against doing so.

www.aol.com...

With Trump threatening military action against N. Korea, I wonder what if this is all a ploy to take control of minerals that are in the country. In fact, this sounds suspiciously like Iraq and Afghanistan.

It may also explains why China is reluctant to overthrow Fat Boy since they are currently the ones that have a monopoly over the minerals. In fact, in order to get cash, North Korea exports some of these minerals to China. If the US and South Korea were to take control of North Korea, China will lose its monopoly over the minerals.

Yeah, I knew I smelled a rat somewhere in this NKorean joust . I mean if they only had roman noodles we wouldn't even give a dam

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

And what do you want to do? Surrender Southeast Asian countries like Philippines and Vietnam to China? Already China is proposing that in exchange for dealing with N. Korea, the US must surrender Manila, Hanoi, Bangkok and other Southeast Asian Nations.

Unfortunately, China recognizes it has major leverage. Accounting for around 75 percent of North Korean exports — the equivalent of $1.1 trillion to the U.S. economy — China knows that if it tells North Korea to do something, Pyongyang's leaders have a vested interest in listening.

And here's the catch: China also knows that the U.S. government is aware of its prospective influencing power. And from China's perspective, that's an opportunity.

Because nothing is free. In return for altering North Korean behavior, China wants the U.S. to yield to its quest to dominate Southeast Asia. It's a quest with two strategic parts. The first is the Asia Investment and Infrastructure Bank. Offering tens of billions of dollars in grants and loans, the AIIB allows China to buy, bribe, and coerce other states into accepting its economic domination. By crowding out alternate rule-of-law based investments from the U.S., China wins a monopoly of regional political influence.

The second element is military. It involves constructing artificial islands in the South China Sea, and the militarization of those islands so that China can deny vessels transit through those waters. If China can control access to these trade-going waters, it will put immense pressure on states like Vietnam and the Philippines. They will face a choice between kneeling to China's rule or enduring economic depression.

America mustn't play this game.

Were the U.S. to accept Chinese hegemony in return for pressuring North Korea, it would abandon the region to to 1930s-style imperialism. And as with President Barack Obama's Syrian red line, it would show American willingnesss to sacrifice her interests.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

A member once said it's better to deal with crazy Kim than to have China raise the Chinese flag over every Southeast Asian Nations.

So what has this got to do with my post I posted? I mentioned we should have taken care of NK a while back already.

Agreed. But I have little hope that our Potus will do anything different than former President Obama. It's my understanding that while Trump said that "strategic patience" was over, they are still giving more sanctions.

Sanctions never have and never will work with NK. Will he (Lil' Kim) be whacked like Gaddafi as another poster guessed? It's possible, but something needs to be done soon before he nukes Japan, SK, etc.

Diplomacy would be preferable to war but we are far beyond that point, especially after the murder of Otto Warmbier, for which the Trump Administration has not retaliated.

edit on 30-6-2017 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

To bad the north koreans can't mine it and sell it to the world...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Minerals are exceedingly difficult to remove. They have almost no infrastructure and the minerals like ore etc need to be mind in bulk to make it worth it. A company going in there would lose there shirts on the until cost of building roads and ports. I read it would take nearly 5 trillion to just set up what a company would need.These minerals are in a mountainous region making them difficult to get to.

This is why North Korea is broke they don't have that kind of money for an initial investment. There are companies that could do it but bottom line is the African market is more stable and they have shipping ports. Meaning a company will just invest there.

So bottom line no one wants there resources up front costs way to high.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Same here - i thought the sanctions were against the West exporting to N Korea....looks like regime change, more loot for the banksters and Corps from the Freedom....cough cough...loving West.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

And I don't understand how his opposition calls him a liar and then references what he says.

Same reason his supporters call him honest yet dismiss half the # that comes out of his face hole.

That's a logical fallacy. I was clearly being objective and asking a specific question.

Saying his supporters are just as at fault doesn't justify the logic.

You're correct, it doesn't. It puts them on equal footing.

Thus my point.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I have yet to see N Korea attack any nation and yet the US destabilizes nearly every country on this planet.
You're American so I can understand how you delude yourself that its all about freedom when its all about spoils of war and keeping the MIC in business.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wish. Finding mineral, oil, or anything else to get that little s--t out and the people liberated properly would be a godsent to the east region.

Alas, if this was true, we would have been in their ages ago. Wouldn't it be nice if one day we did something for humanitarian issues that actually was for humanitarian issues. NK won't be touched

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: rickymouse

And what do you want to do? Surrender Southeast Asian countries like Philippines and Vietnam to China? Already China is proposing that in exchange for dealing with N. Korea, the US must surrender Manila, Hanoi, Bangkok and other Southeast Asian Nations.

Unfortunately, China recognizes it has major leverage. Accounting for around 75 percent of North Korean exports — the equivalent of $1.1 trillion to the U.S. economy — China knows that if it tells North Korea to do something, Pyongyang's leaders have a vested interest in listening.

And here's the catch: China also knows that the U.S. government is aware of its prospective influencing power. And from China's perspective, that's an opportunity.

Because nothing is free. In return for altering North Korean behavior, China wants the U.S. to yield to its quest to dominate Southeast Asia. It's a quest with two strategic parts. The first is the Asia Investment and Infrastructure Bank. Offering tens of billions of dollars in grants and loans, the AIIB allows China to buy, bribe, and coerce other states into accepting its economic domination. By crowding out alternate rule-of-law based investments from the U.S., China wins a monopoly of regional political influence.

The second element is military. It involves constructing artificial islands in the South China Sea, and the militarization of those islands so that China can deny vessels transit through those waters. If China can control access to these trade-going waters, it will put immense pressure on states like Vietnam and the Philippines. They will face a choice between kneeling to China's rule or enduring economic depression.

America mustn't play this game.

Were the U.S. to accept Chinese hegemony in return for pressuring North Korea, it would abandon the region to to 1930s-style imperialism. And as with President Barack Obama's Syrian red line, it would show American willingnesss to sacrifice her interests.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

A member once said it's better to deal with crazy Kim than to have China raise the Chinese flag over every Southeast Asian Nations.

So what has this got to do with my post I posted? I mentioned we should have taken care of NK a while back already.

Agreed. But I have little hope that our Potus will do anything different than former President Obama. It's my understanding that while Trump said that "strategic patience" was over, they are still giving more sanctions.

Sanctions never have and never will work with NK. Will he (Lil' Kim) be whacked like Gaddafi as another poster guessed? It's possible, but something needs to be done soon before he nukes Japan, SK, etc.

Diplomacy would be preferable to war but we are far beyond that point, especially after the murder of Otto Warmbier, for which the Trump Administration has not retaliated.

Trump will make a lot more noise but probably will not accomplish much. Kim has a bunker system to protect him, all we will do is kill a lot of civilians.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have yet to see N Korea attack any nation and yet the US destabilizes nearly every country on this planet.
You're American so I can understand how you delude yourself that its all about freedom when its all about spoils of war and keeping the MIC in business.

en.wikipedia.org...

South Korea kind if odd that you missed that one.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Same here - i thought the sanctions were against the West exporting to N Korea....looks like regime change, more loot for the banksters and Corps from the Freedom....cough cough...loving West.

If there was any way to make money China would have all ready invaded. The reason they haven't is economics. It's cheaper to send some aid every now and then. And they don't have to be responsible for the people.
edit on 7/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I have stated many times in my posts over the years that the policies of our government of the United state suck when it comes to starting conflicts. I don't know who is actually running these things in our country. I don't blame other countries for not trusting the USA. I do not delude myself, but also I do not want these people coming down on me either, life here is hard enough without putting a target on your back.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

. I don't know who is actually running these things in our country.

Its the ones who write the campaign checks.

Afghanistan is a perfect example. Produces 90% of the world's opium while our troops protect the fields in the midst of opiate deaths exceeding vehicle deaths for the first time in history.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

The middle east is getting stale. MSM is getting people primed to accept North Korea and Russia.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Nit-picking, or pin pointing a particular region seems personal. Earth is worth trillions regardless, I mean if every homeowner had the equipment to drill within their own properties they could make a fortune as well. May not be trillions but enough to be wealthy, therefore; the trillions that exist on what we call planet Earth can be shared amongst all Earthlings. Obviously the greed is apparent in this particular scenario...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Well the fact that Trump wants military action against N. Korea proves he's just a Neo Con. In fact North Korea could very well be his own Iraq.

It won't be long before he formulate Operation: North Korean freedom.

And just like Iraq, occupying former N. Korea will be tough because there will be an insurgency from North Korean Communists supported covertly by China since China don't want US and SK troops in former NK.

Pfffft, your a neo con for wanting to take out a psycho path who constsntly threats to nuke us, nuke the world and start WWIII?
Like Einstein once said, its not the evil people that make the world a bad place, its the good people who dont do anything about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The Information Age we entered when the Net was enabled has expedited our path forward as a species....on every level.....the bottom line is that the knowledge of what resources exist where on this planet has been kept hidden and suppressed.....but today NOTHING can be hidden or suppressed forever.....everyone now knows what is on the Gameboard and who the Players are if they look closely....so BEFORE the MASSES look to closely at any one level or area TPTB strike and take ownership actions........I mean an Astronaut mapped hundreds of ancient valuable shipwrecks from space.....lol....this is a brave new world now...TPTB cannot keep up with the data-leaks....their treasures are being found outed and chased down by the MASSES.....lol.....all around the world people are ow looking to loot TPTBs resource bases they have kept in the shadows.....they have to move NOW to secure what is available BEFORE mass opinion can be harnessed and used against them to prevent their pillaging of the planet.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

And the result is the US giving up Southeast Asia and/or all of Korea to China. In my comment earlier, I mentioned China wants concessions for its cooperation and those are what China wants. As stated before, one member prefer to deal with crazy Kim than to have Chinese troops occupy Manila, Hanoi, Bangkok etc.
edit on 7/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
loll ofcource NK is an goldmine...USA have never done anything for free...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join