It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's voting fraud commission demands personal information on all US voters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:
(post by Mollybendus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Kali74

Yet, it already is. Also, this is not that. This is FOR AN INVESTIGATION.

Nothing about this is nefarious except the absurd argument against investigating that you wouldnt defend if the tables were turned.

You guys are adamant about not obstructing justice.

This IS that.

Unless its all BS and this is yet another example of hypocrisy that is playing out in Democratic voter retention.

Thats what I think THIS IS.

You okay with a database of gun ownership at the federal level?

That would be pretty useful in an investigation, but I sure wouldn't want it.
edit on 19Sat, 01 Jul 2017 19:42:59 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mollybendus

Sorry for skimming this......you sounded convincing in the previous post.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Seems to me that some states are afraid of being caught...
Not surprised.

Many of them are states who voted for Trump...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

FFS this is all PUBLIC information.

Also, there is a national gun registry. How the dork do you think they track down information from guns recovered at crime scenes or through investigations?

LOL,

The government's request for this information IS FOR an investigation. Not providing this info to the government is obstruction of justice.

The country is owed a working electoral system. IF there were mass irregularities we NEED to know.

edit on 7 1 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I wonder how this would be seen if it was Hillary asking.

Since it's "publicly available" why doesn't the government just collect it on their own.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't worry about Trump getting my voting information in any of the states i voted in.

Why am i not worried because i voted for Trump.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Pretty unthoughtful. What about Obama?

Because everyone will do it once that door is open.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I wonder how this would be seen if it was Hillary asking.

Since it's "publicly available" why doesn't the government just collect it on their own.

Federal elections need federal oversight.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SRX440

It wasn't designed that way for reason. Same reason you don't want gun databases. It maybe you do I don't really know your position on privacy.

I would say you want congress to vote and appoint an independent council to observe the states observation of their elections and any investigations.

But if you think a president should be able to get your private anonymous voting records I guess good for you.

Maybe you can vote for another patriot act and then complain when 24 year old college grads get nsa subcontractor jobs and start leaking info.

You can then say how did this happen? Uh you voted for it
edit on 2-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is insane, and probably unconstitutional. It sounds like Trump wants to have a record of all voters not in his party so he can try to blackmail them to vote for him in 2020. The good news is that many states are refusing to cooperate. The bad news is that almost half of the states aren't refusing to cooperate.

www.cnn.com...

Insane? Then why does California sell the very information the commission seeks?

Funny how the DNC didn't let the FBI look at the "Russian hacked" servers, and California doesn't want anyone looking at voter rolls.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly available voter roll data for Maine, including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

They want the public data PLUS all that other #. Notice how its all public data and all this other "public" data. The second half is what the states are really not happy about.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I am requesting that you provide to the Commission the publicly available voter roll data for Maine, including, if publicly available under the laws of your state, the full first and last names of all registrants, middle names or initials if available, addresses, dates of birth, political party (if recorded in your state), last four digits of social security number if available, voter history (elections voted in) from 2006 onward, active/inactive status, cancelled status, information regarding any felony convictions, information regarding voter registration in another state, information regarding military status, and overseas citizen information.

They want the public data PLUS all that other #. Notice how its all public data and all this other "public" data. The second half is what the states are really not happy about.

There is no point (in the blurb that you have posted here) that they ask for anything other than publicly available data.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is how Republicans use their power.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Seems to me the Federal Government should already have all my personal data. I do file taxes every year, after all.

So my guess is they're trying to verify the voter rolls.

There is only one valid reason to oppose this. That would be if the states have something to hide.

To claim it is a matter of privacy of personal data is laughable.

I'm all for this. The only way our elections will ever be above reproach, is if every single voter is verified to be eligible (a citizen) to vote.
edit on 2-7-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

There is only one valid reason to oppose this. That would be if the states have something to hide.

The secret ballot is a voting method in which a voter's choices in an election or a referendum is anonymous, forestalling attempts to influence the voter by intimidation, blackmailing, and potential vote buying. The system is one means of achieving the goal of political privacy.

There is only one reason to oppse this?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

The secret ballot is a voting method in which a voter's choices in an election or a referendum is anonymous, forestalling attempts to influence the voter by intimidation, blackmailing, and potential vote buying. The system is one means of achieving the goal of political privacy.

There is only one reason to oppse this?

Do you mean to say that ANY government entity has a record of WHO or what you have voted for?

No one should have any idea of how an individual votes after they enter the voting booth. That includes boroughs, townships, counties or states.
Any knowledge of who (or what in the case of referendums) any individual voted for in an election, unless that voter openly states their choice after voting, would be a breach of the secret ballot and would be illegal for any government agency to attempt to obtain or record that information.

If the states are obtaining that knowledge, they are the ones that need to brought to justice.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

No the president doesn't have access. The IRS is forbidden to give out any information on tax payers for any reason to anybody.
They'll have to fish for this on the internet.
Oh and I guess since they won't have names they will just start with Aaron A. Aaron. And end with Zelda Zyzel.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

To claim it is a matter of privacy of personal data is laughable.

Why do you wear clothes? Do you have something to hide?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: UKTruth
Seems to me that some states are afraid of being caught...
Not surprised.

Many of them are states who voted for Trump...

All states had voters who voted for both.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join