It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's voting fraud commission demands personal information on all US voters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Now we can trust "the inefficient government" with more personal information. Wish you guys would make up your minds.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Something odd has happened to a branch of people who think they are conservative. They keep backing things that keep destroying personal liberty like the Patriot act which directly led to all the leaks trumps minions whine about.

Now they don't see the danger of presidents being able to collect your voting records

And no not every state allows the info to be public and literally the majority of states including ]conservatives are not going to go along with trumps request. They will give him partial access and others will out right deny.

Voting is supposed to be anonymous. The conservative argument should be that it's a privacy violation, but since there simply are not many conservatives left all we get is politics and redrawing of voting maps to get the results you need.

Wake up folks. Just more privacy raiding.

I would hope to god all the people who are promoting this also are for fire arm databases.

I mean after all they already have all your info, when the next liberal gun grabber suggests, can't wait to see the hypocrisy from the trump diciples

edit on 1-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Again, how to do prove there is no fraud if you don't analyze the voter rolls? Please explain how you can do it.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

It's done already by the state. It's part of the actual process and philosophy to do it this way.

And again why not a gun database the state already has your information?

Would you want your ccl permit and a dress printed in the paper after the next shooting? Or would you rather live in a state that protects your information.

There is an extreme danger in the feds collecting these types private information. An independent congress approved expert could analyze the states data, but that person would have never asked for the type of information trump did. It's an absolute indicator he and his team don't really understand the philosophy of the forefathers.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is a witch hunt for democrats. So Trump and the National Enquirer can find gossip. Abuse of power. Lock him up.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Why do they need a social?
And arrest records?
And party affiliation?
The vote is secret. Private.
Providing party affiliation could reveal who a person voted for because they want your voting habits too.
I've been voting since Reagan . Presidential, gubernatorial, Senate and house.
Local city council, mayor.
But trump has no business knowing that unless as I have here I volunteer it.
The information could be used to suppress voters or for gerrymandering of districts.
People who have a criminal record may become afraid to vote.
Others have their right revoked for inactivity.
This isn't going to prove any voter fraud.
It's plain and simple voter profiling.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

This won't show who people voted for except for party affiliation and not all states register party affiliation so they would be conducting a study with insufficient and missing data.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

My social isn't available publicly nor are my voting habits.
He wants to identify dems if he can.
My state doesn't register party.
When you go to vote they ask which ballot you want dem or republican.
Then that gets scanned. No one know what party you voted for except one person who hands you the ballot.
And that's not the person who checks your ID so they don't know your name.
The vote is meant to be private for a reason. So the opposing party can't coerce voters.
What is trumps ultimate agenda here?

He really needs a few lessons in law.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Then he can hire someone to fetch it from online sources.
Not everything he's asking is public domain.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Runs thru identities like vitamins.

One a day.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Then why isn't pence getting it from them?
Oh because not all of that info is for public consumption that's why.
Everybody got the company line down though so good on that.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Or some psychological version of that anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Two years ago this would have outraged you. You would have been bucking invasion of privacy and government interference.
God this site has frigging gone belly up to the government.
I can't believe what I'm reading.
This is not ATS. Talk about Mandela effects.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
And it's trump so ladies he's going to want your cycle info because you know...blood .
Oh and your bra size....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The other question should be wtf can states sell that info and how do we stop it????, because voting is supposed to be a civic duty, not profit generator.

It's like the Patriot act all over again.

We have to spy to make you safe, almost twenty years later we have 23 year old subcontractors combing through blanket Intel and leaking info. Go figure. They rapidly over inflated the Intel community and on the cheap so they needed literal fresh college grads to fill the jobs. With very little or no prior real world expirience. Hey kid you want a really important job, we know your prefrontal cortex is barely formed but here is the most sensitive info we have.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IMHO the left progressives machine has been put in high gear opposition rather quickly because likely potential outcome of complete investigation with full data comparison would be incontrovertible proof that States with voter ID laws had cleaner more reliable federal elections than those without.

As it stands claims either way are held as matter of opinion that can easily be obfuscated by claims of racism or voter suppression and shopped to the nearest sympathetic judge even when passed into law by a state.

Proof positive would end that practice.

Ending the practice and requiring positive voter ID on front end would make it very difficult to manipulate state political office elections such as Attorney General, State based federal elections for Congress and of course Presidential elections.

Trumps commission asked nicely on first go around and I'm sure will up the ante as time goes on.

I haven't done it yet but want to match states AG offices refusing request with those who took money for election from Soros initiative to take over various states AG offices.

That'd be a big tell.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is insane, and probably unconstitutional. It sounds like Trump wants to have a record of all voters not in his party so he can try to blackmail them to vote for him in 2020. The good news is that many states are refusing to cooperate. The bad news is that almost half of the states aren't refusing to cooperate.

www.cnn.com...

Have you ever heard of the IRS, and Social Security Administration?

They have way more info on citizens than this.

Your hero Obama already abused the IRS data against his enemies, but I don't hear you complaining about that.

Your argument is total garbage.
edit on 1-7-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

So you would love to have a ccl database, or gun database?

Do you understand how the system is designed to avoid federal abuse of power and privacy?

The states already do what trump wants. It's for a reason and by design.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Take those records out of the public domain. What reasoning for it being out there could they be using?
I think only people I approve should be able to access my info.
If I apply for credit or an apartment or a job.
But regional profiling should be a thing of the past . Those questions about race need to come off the census too.
Look I used public info to target advertising for my store. Do you like that I know the average income and home value for your neighborhood and I determine who I want to visit my store based on that?
It's true. I got that from real estate sales records. Apartment dwellers don't tend to buy expensive home decor. I profiled the rich and targeted them with mailers and invitations to exclusive midnight sales.

I used that because I could.

What will the government use it for?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

The IRS is absolutely forbidden to share your information.
Why do you think we don't have trumps returns yet
nope they can't use any private information from the IRIS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join