It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pence Is leading the National Space Council.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Trump just sign an executive order bringing back the National Space Council.

He is going to let Mike Pence lead it.

He said there will be a big push for security.

He also said that they are going to open it up to the private sector.

I agree with this executive order.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Good news!
The US is back in the space race. A lot of cabinet members on the council as well.

edit on 30-6-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Buzz Aldrin looking frail. He looked like he was having a little trouble standing so long.

With Mr. Aldrin's beliefs in Other Life Forms and UFOs I'd opine that He'll come down w/something which will not allow Him to continue..

It'll be a race to see who lasts longer: Buzzkill Aldrin or Herr Drumpf. Mr. Trump will cite His carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists and will have a Stephen Hawking type computer to communicate with people in real life and Twitter™

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Fantastic news... I'd like Vice President or the President to make this more concrete by stating a clear aim.. how about getting specific about a man on mars or going back to the moon - and accelerating the timeline...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I am extremely excited about this!

This is a no brainer common sense thing to do and I believe our existing infrastructure along with a new perspective will help drive capital and innovation into the Space Race.

The older generation built the foundation, we ready have the knowledge, all we need to is just...Make Space Great Again.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You know , I was in agreement till this :

It'll be a race to see who lasts longer: Buzzkill Aldrin or Herr Drumpf

And just think , I was ready to present you a star = Inconceivable
Next time , prove your ignorance in the Political Mudpit if you just have to...

As for the OP
Wonderful . Obama had cancelled a lot , changed NASA's direction to Mid-East relations (how do you think India progressed so fast with their space program ? )

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Good news. But it seem odd to have Pence lead it because he thinks evolution is just a "theory" and that Creationism should be taught in public schools.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

They're gonna build a stairway to heaven.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Good news. But it seem odd to have Pence lead it because he thinks evolution is just a "theory" and that Creationism should be taught in public schools.

Evolution/Creationism don't really have anything to do with space exploration. Many of the great physicists, astronomers, scientists etc. were Christians/Jews/Muslims etc. Anyway this is another great move from Trump having to do with "space stuff". Obama was horrible for NASA/US Space Exploration, even his supporters would have to agree with that.

"NASA Chief: Our ‘Foremost Mission’ Is To Improve Relations With Muslim World"

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Great news...

Except that putting Pence in charge of it is a massive error. You cannot place a man who has expressed an absolute disdain for ANY of the sciences, in a position of power within an organisation designed to promote the exploration of space. It is simply unthinkable to make such a choice.

That being said, having a full roster of science denying scum, plus Ben Carson in your immediate surroundings, would of course, mean a pool of potential candidates for the position, lacking in any value whatsoever... still, even in Trumps utterly intellectually vacant circles, there has to be someone better for this than bloody Pence!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

But he still believes the earth is flat and that evolution doesnt exist.

Its like putting devos in charge of education

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

well, you know the first thing he will do is cut funding to space travel...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Deaf Alien

They're gonna build a stairway to heaven.

lofl...

top topics

join