It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
Be advised if you are not already so informed.

There have been allegations of blackmail/extortion against a certain Mika and a certain Joe regarding the possible placing of a story about them in the National Enquirer. Does not such a thing fall within "high crimes and misdemeanors?"

Only when Trump does it.
If a democrat does it, it's totally justified and acceptable.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
All kidding aside, I honestly believe the progressives are suffering from a collective nervous breakdown. CNN should be held responsible for their nazi tactics that backfired and left millions of people in a state of culture shock.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

I don't pay attention to twitter unless something like this comes up honestly.

I regard his tweets as some sort of bizarre, stream of consciousness free verse. All the presidents have their quirks, and this seems to be his.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Be advised if you are not already so informed.

There have been allegations of blackmail/extortion against a certain Mika and a certain Joe regarding the possible placing of a story about them in the National Enquirer. Does not such a thing fall within "high crimes and misdemeanors?"

Only if they can prove the allegation. As of right now it is only speculation. If they bring the evidence, then and only then will it be considered as evidence to impeach.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
While we are discussing 'abuse of the press' and certain people in positions of power.........

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

I don't pay attention to twitter unless something like this comes up honestly.

I regard his tweets as some sort of bizarre, stream of consciousness free verse. All the presidents have their quirks, and this seems to be his.

It's a wonderful platform for distraction donchatink?

He has "special filters" as well; he's a quick read

The battle field is ever changing

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The House Un-American Activities Committee was influential at one time.

A wiki link for those not familiar...

en.wikipedia.org...

Hollywood was controlled by Washington back then.

Many of those brought before it invoked Fifth Amendment rights.

History....

edit on 30-6-2017 by draoicht because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
While we are discussing 'abuse of the press' and certain people in positions of power.........

She needs ANOTHER major face lift...to remove it from her own a$$!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
What's disturbing to me is that he focuses on it at all.

He needs to be Presidential. Put his best foot forward at all times and the rest will follow. Let the press be the press, let them talk and argue and spin circles all they want. It's their job, not the President's.

His need to hit back only shows his lack of control. He's a knee waiting to be hit with a little rubber hammer so he can plant his ten-ton foot up someone's arse.

Bleh.

BS, he is presidential in just the right way for this time.

Sorry if someone thinks they can do better or he should capitulate and appease.

He is treating them like the 5yo's they are and deserve.

The press has to grow the f'k up along with the left and some repubs.

And no way is that what the press is supposed to do, they should be giving the citizens the truth, that's why they have special rights above the ave citizen.
They are the ones abusing their oath and lying.

To the OP, nice try on another angle for impeachment.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

The press is protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Members of the press are free to criticize the government and even the President, his policies and his actions.

The press’s coverage can be “hard hitting,” and this is exactly the type of reporting that the framers of the Constitution had in mind for protections when devising the Bill of Rights.

When the press hits the President hard it’s O.K., but when the President hits back “10 times harder,” it is NOT O.K. because this is threatening, inhibiting, and controlling of the media and highly violative of the First Amendment protections for the press.

If the President engages in this type of behavior, striking back 10 times as hard, then he violates his Oath of Office to defend and protect the Constitution which includes the right of the press to criticize and call the President every name in the book and to even call his sanity into question .

The President, once more, has provided his to opponents one more point, just more grounds to be included in a draft of Articles of Impeachment.

Uh , no .

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Its private property and they are there at the pleasure of the president.

It's public property and the President is there at the pleasure of the people.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

She looks like someone has a small poo on a stick and is waving it under her nose just off camera.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: UKTruth

Dear god... the left with their impeachments.

If they can just get rid of him ... then Hillary will come in tied to the saddle of the white pony being led by her security crew (let's be plain, she can't ride) and after being hoisted down like a slab of meat will somehow usher in leftist utopia!

And the world will finally respect us!!! YAY hillary!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So you're going to defend the lies by the media and call libel/slander freedom of the press. I defend your right to say that, but it's just as phony as what CNN/MSNBC does every day.

If that is what they do everyday, as you say, they could easily be taken to court for slander/libel. Perhaps you are being a bit hyberbolic.

And yes, I will defend their rights. As we all should, whether we like how they use them or not.

Libel/slander does not require a lawsuit be filed in order to substantiate the libel/slander as such. Everyone already knows it when they see it. If you want to call it something else to fulfill your desire to denigrate President Trump, that is also your right, but it is easily seen by all when you do it, and quite embarrassing to yourself. When someone defends a false narrative for their own political gratification, it is highly visible, and denotes a neurosis.

That's not how slander/libel works. It doesn't matter what people think they see. It's about what they can prove.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: JHumm
Is the press allowed to print lies and make stuff up ? Is lieing covered under the freedom of the press?

How can they be lying when they are telling us what we want to hear?

They are telling SOME people what they want to hear, I would rather have the uncomfortable truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

BS, he is presidential in just the right way for this time.

Sorry if someone thinks they can do better or he should capitulate and appease.

He is treating them like the 5yo's they are and deserve.

The press has to grow the f'k up along with the left and some repubs.

And no way is that what the press is supposed to do, they should be giving the citizens the truth, that's why they have special rights above the ave citizen.
They are the ones abusing their oath and lying.

To the OP, nice try on another angle for impeachment.

He shouldn't capitulate or appease anyone. He also shouldn't have a knee-jerk reaction to everything he sees on TV.

That the press acts like 5 year-olds is exactly my point. Why does Trump listen, and react, to this garbage?

It's a waste of everyone's time. The United States is becoming a circus.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Is the press allowed to print lies and make stuff up ? Is lieing covered under the freedom of the press?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The man is not fit for the office of President.

I'm curious which of the last few other Presidents of the USA you think might have been fit for office? Not to mention that the country elected the man as President and it really doesn't mater if he's in a whirly hat and drooling, he is legitimately the President and no amount of protestation will change that because it's not really how things work. Frankly, I know that I personally am very glad to see a man in the office of President of the USA who wasn't bought. I like that he's offensive because you know far better where you stand with him and he is clearly falible and human and since I also am, I appreciate that.

I'm curious which of his actions you have been appalled by.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A Brief History of Presidential Profanity

www.rollingstone.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join