It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

I'm not entirely sure about that. I believe what Trump has said and done in regards to the media may be false and/or wrong, but I don't think I've seen him go to the point in which I would say he violated their right to free speech and the press.

He would have to go to an extreme, such as has been suggested by many on this site, by targeting them in a way revokes or suppresses the media's rights.

When it comes to standard of proof to convict in an impeachment case, it's been said that the standard is whatever the Senate wants it to be, not necessarily proof beyond a reasonable doubt, not necessarily preponderance of the evidence (as in a civil case), not even probable cause... just whatever. By this line of reasoning, I guess there is great latitude as to what constitutes an impeachable offense and what constitutes a violation of the oath of office.
edit on 30-6-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected misspelling.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

BS! "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press" Show me some law that has been enacted by Trump's media bashing. Hell, for that matter show me that the press is presently free and not being handsomely compensated by various political, corporate, and global entities to spout the narrative those groups demand. Perhaps the MSM should be impeached for violating the Constitution...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

TEN

TIMES

HARDER?

Oh man... you aint seen nothing yet!

Just you wait until President Trump goes on OFFENSE. WE won't see it, but the heads of the Anti-America Mainstream Media organizations will!

The wrath of the U.S. government can make you want to leave the country, or jump off a building, if you are an enemy of the President.

edit on 6/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

By this line of reasoning, I guess there is great latitude as to what constitutes an impeachable offense and what constitutes a violation of the oath of office.

That may be the case, but I think it would be an error on our part to seek an impeachment without clear evidence and intent.

Sure, Trump may be a jackass treating the media unfairly, but I would not want him impeached over such a thing unless he clearly attempts or succeeds in violating their rights.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sure, Trump may be a jackass treating the media unfairly, but I would not want him impeached over such a thing unless he clearly attempts or succeeds in violating their rights.

Who cares what you want, it's out of the realm of possibilities, so give your head a shake.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

By this line of reasoning, I guess there is great latitude as to what constitutes an impeachable offense and what constitutes a violation of the oath of office.

That may be the case, but I think it would be an error on our part to seek an impeachment without clear evidence and intent.

Wow we agree!

This is the weekend when we came together before

History does repeat itself often

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: refugeeee

I signed up specifically to say this is the single most stupid thread I have ever seen on ATS.

what from like, your other account here? or? pretty sure youre on a ban roll

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

TEN

TIMES

HARDER?

Oh man... you aint seen nothing yet!

Just you wait until President Trump goes on OFFENSE. WE won't see it, but the heads of the Anti-America Mainstream Media organizations will!

The wrath of the U.S. government can make you want to leave the country, or jump off a building, if you are an enemy of the President.

You say that like it's a good thing. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

BS! "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press" Show me some law that has been enacted by Trump's media bashing. Hell, for that matter show me that the press is presently free and not being handsomely compensated by various political, corporate, and global entities to spout the narrative those groups demand. Perhaps the MSM should be impeached for violating the Constitution...

You can come up with the silliest things. but yes, you are correct. Trump has every right to make a complete and utter ass of himself.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Dear god... the left with their impeachments.

If they can just get rid of him ... then Hillary will come in tied to the saddle of the white pony being led by her security crew (let's be plain, she can't ride) and after being hoisted down like a slab of meat will somehow usher in leftist utopia!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
To me, this row between Trump and the media looks like US politics at its most robust and lively. It's a surprise to lots of people, because most Presidents have behaved in a more "dignified" way (because they were experienced politicians and knew the power of choosing when to speak, and when to keep your trap shut). But it's not some terrible outrage.

E.g., I'm fairly sure that Trump hasn't yet gone so far as Nixon's plumbers, who planned to assassinate syndicated columnist Jack Anderson in an auto-"accident".

It seems like good old-fashioned town hall politics of the most vigorous kind - the press are jabbing and poking at Trump, and he's roaring back at them. The media are clutching their pearls as though this is forbidden and taboo behaviour. But Trump's a sly fellow, and he knows his voters distrust 'elites' - which includes the establishment media.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It is the law that if a president is impeached, then thee loser of the previous election becomes president.

So there is that, and I understand why so many leftist Marxists want Trump impeached.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

So you're going to defend the lies by the media and call libel/slander freedom of the press. I defend your right to say that, but it's just as phony as what CNN/MSNBC does every day.

Libel/slander does not require a lawsuit be filed in order to substantiate the libel/slander as such. Everyone already knows it when they see it. If you want to call it something else to fulfill your desire to denigrate President Trump, that is also your right, but it is easily seen by all when you do it, and quite embarrassing to yourself.
When someone defends a false narrative for their own political gratification, it is highly visible, and denotes a neurosis.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It is the law that if a president is impeached, then thee loser of the previous election becomes president.

So there is that, and I understand why so many leftist Marxists want Trump impeached.

She's gonna run C block all rite
Git-mo still a go!
or leav?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Be advised if you are not already so informed.

There have been allegations of blackmail/extortion against a certain Mika and a certain Joe regarding the possible placing of a story about them in the National Enquirer. Does not such a thing fall within "high crimes and misdemeanors?"

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So the press can sit there on their morning couches and make all kinds of sly innuendos and even open disparagement of the president if they want to, but he's not supposed to defend himself in any way?

And in your opinion if the president does defend himself by making the same kinds of snipes the press is leveling at him, then it suddenly becomes a national impeachment issue.

Oh really, it's not like he's doing what Obama did to Sharyl Atkinson or Joel Rosenberg or anything. That came much closer to infringing on press freedom, but was apparently fine.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

There have been allegations of blackmail/extortion against a certain Mika and a certain Joe regarding the possible placing of a story about them in the National Enquirer. Does not such a thing fall within "high crimes and misdemeanors?"

Not necessarily ... not if lying about receiving a blow job while under oath doesn't.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough

The last time I saw something this lame, I was watching a documentary on polio.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So the press can sit there on their morning couches and make all kinds of sly innuendos and even open disparagement of the president if they want to, but he's not supposed to defend himself in any way?

And in your opinion if the president does defend himself by making the same kinds of snipes the press is leveling at him, then it suddenly becomes a national impeachment issue.

Oh really, it's not like he's doing what Obama did to Sharyl Atkinson or Joel Rosenberg or anything. That came much closer to infringing on press freedom, but was apparently fine.

We ALL can agree that the Mika face lift deal was "poor"
But I will take an honest POTUS tweeting his thoughts

"The Most Open and Transparent Admin EVER!"

Trump that 😎

It ain't pretty, but we asked for it and we got it

Let's look it at another way; he actually does read responses

He retweets "deplorables" all the time
Reach out; he's listening!

Don't hate the tweet hate the twitter

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>