It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 John;- God is light

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Matthew 6
22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

My eyes are healthy, my body is full of light because light is what reveals it. Those who look at the light but do not see it/perceive it are the ones who walk in darkness. Their eyes have been made unhealthy by religion and fear.

They've hidden the truth in plain sight, what a tragedy!
edit on 7/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Their eyes have been made unhealthy by religion and fear.
They've hidden the truth in plain sight, what a tragedy!

The truth is what there actually is - whatever is appearing is what there is - it is so simple. Whatever is appearing is appearing here and now. Fear comes from the belief in time - 'me in time' becomes the main focus. Stepping outside of now (where the light is) is impossible but appears to happen in thought - is this the darkness? 'Outside of now' has no light - but the stepping out of presence is only a dream of separation happening within the one image of light..............man is made in the image of God.

edit on 1-7-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Having read through this twice, I'm left to wonder whether, in light of the circumstances the world and its societies find themselves in, you really understand or know how fundamentally important these verses are. And I don't ask that from the perspective or insulting you at all, but rather from the perspective of whether or not you have fully internalized and meditated upon them sufficiently to grasp the depth of their import. If you have then you realize they entirely upend the modern, or should I say "post modern" understanding of existence, of mans part in it.

Having read your comments, I suspect you do and have. Assuming that's true, then surely you must realize the profound extent to which an understanding of these verses is entirely beyond the comprehension of the average Internet participant. I mean by that, you do know we are dealing here with near invincible ignorance?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
surely you must realize the profound extent to which an understanding of these verses is entirely beyond the comprehension of the average Internet participant. I mean by that, you do know we are dealing here with near invincible ignorance?

My "job", as I see it, is to make them as understandable as I can.
The Holy Spirit is in charge of what happens after that, so it's not my problem.
We have no way of knowing the reactions of those who read without responding, but I suspect there is more "fertile ground" out there than you think.

P.S. If you've noticed my posting methods, you will realise that this thread is the first in another series.

edit on 1-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
Thank you, pthena!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thanks for your reply. Its a good one.

As an observation, not a criticism, John is, just my opinion, especially difficult for those unfamiliar with Christianity, I think because he's speaking from a metaphysical viewpoint, (cosmological), that is practically speaking and in terms of "common" knowledge almost entirely lost on today's materialist secular humanist population. In fact, they are practically inoculated against an understanding of it. John's writings are by far and away my favorite, but I was trained in Thomistic and Augustinian theology, disciplines long since abandoned. The reason John's writings are my favorite is because he particularly and peculiarly speaks to all across all ages. He (and the others as well, don't get me wrong), seems to my mind particularly "modern" in his writings. Maybe that's just me.

You're correct, the Holy Spirit is in charge of what happens after. With prayer, meditation, and an emptying of self may the Holy Spirit direct and inform your work.

I anxiously await your next installment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
I've been spreading threads over several different aspects of the New Testament (Galatians, 1 Corinthians, Hebrews, James...), and I didn't want to miss this one out. Especially since I own the commentary, which seemed too good an opportunity to waste..

My last incursion into John's writing was the series on the "Truly, truly" sayings of the gospel.

posted on Jul, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Thanks again, Disraeli, wonderful insights!

STM

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Nay within all living things is the Light of Christ, it giveth ye your very breath of life. It is the truth that you recognise and the conscience that tells your right from wrong, such is connected to Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ' the Son of God, he is omnipresent and is present in all Light that is good. The Lord thy God is within you but also outside you and can take away the gift of his spirit or give it a quickening and awaken you into the Light within. All mankind must repent and realise without the Lord God Yehoshua 'Jesus Christ' the Son of the Eternal Father, all mankind had no hope and would be lost, it was his atonement gave power to save humanity from their condemnation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join