It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: If GOP health care bill fails, repeal Obamacare now, replace later

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Trump says repeal the ACA and replace it later if the knit wits can't come up with something.

President Donald Trump on Friday called for repealing the Affordable Care Act immediately and replacing it later with another health care plan if Republican senators are unable to pass their bill.
www.cnn.com...

I wonder if the fact that the Repubs can't get their act together, or better said-if their handlers in big pharma and big medical can't let the decisions that need to be made, be made. Will waiting a year change a thing? Keep in mind every day that the medical system we have in place is a cash cow for the lobbyist's string pullers.

Trump's message also marked a notable return to his efforts to push his agenda rather than distract from it
The future of one of the President's most significant campaign promises remains unclear

President Donald Trump on Friday called for repealing the Affordable Care Act immediately and replacing it later with another health care plan if Republican senators are unable to pass their bill.
"If Republican Senators are unable to pass what they are working on now, they should immediately REPEAL, and then REPLACE at a later date," tweeted Trump.
Trump's declaration -- which marks a political shift for him and could further imperil delicate negotiations on Capitol Hill -- came shortly after Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Nebraska, urged the President in a letter to repeal Obamacare now and replace later. The current Republican plan in Congress is to do both in one massive piece of legislation, though the Senate's bill has struggled to gain necessary GOP support.

Trumps new hard nosed strategy could hurt the "delicate" negotiations. The ACA is now over 20,000 pages. I fear there is not going to be a workable solution from the lobby owned clowns who will watch the whole system crash and burn with a cheese eating grin on their faces.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What's ironic is that Trump has nothing to do with the writing of this bill yet if it is successful he will get all the credit from his supporters, if it fails then they will pass the blame off to those who wrote it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope it is repealed.

Maybe some congressmen do have spines.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If they all can't vote to repeal it now like they all did when Obama was in charge, then we do know that was an entirely symbolic gesture based entirely on the safety valve of knowing that Obama was guarateed to veto it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The repubs had years and years to come up with something. But they didn't do squat. They are the poster boys for everything that is wrong with our political system. Truly idiots.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The repubs had years and years to come up with something. But they didn't do squat. They are the poster boys for everything that is wrong with our political system. Truly idiots.

My belief is that they never believed they would have ... at least not most of them.

I think secretly what we're up against is a good portion of the GOP who likes power as much as the Democrats. The only reason so many think otherwise is that they have to play to their base to get elected, but notice how much they've been pushing an agenda that would more or less replace their base? How many are quietly backing the same pro-illegal stances that the Democrats are on board with?

They like Obamacare and government control because it gives them power. For them, the question isn't about shrinking government size and power. It's about letting them run the leviathan because they think they can run it better and smarter, but they still have the power. Obamacare serves that end.

Additionally, Obamacare was turning into a politician's wet dream. It was a wedge issue that was never going to "work." It was always going to need fixing, so they could always turn it into an election issue. Look how sucky health care is, but we can tweak this or that to make it better for you. They basically want in on the "gimmee" game Democrats have a corner on. It would absolve them of having use all those repellent social issues they'd rather not have to take stances on and be excoriated for like pro-life and stuff.

So no. I don't think they want to get rid of Obamacare at all. Not truly.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Plus the in insurance-hospital-pharma industries are awash in $$$$ and every day this goat screw is allowed to continue is massive profits that they funnel to lobbying.

Anyone who thinks this system is sustainable is not paying attention.
edit on 30-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

For something that is supposedly making the insurance companies so rich, they sure are pulling out of markets like crazy.

I'm not sure how you get rich when you aren't even providing products. The initial premise was that they were goat-screwing us because we were all going to be forced to buy, but millions don't even have that option anymore.

And without the insurance companies to pull in money to them, none of the other players are getting wealthy either unless they're pulling it large out of Medicaid, which we all know they are not.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You can't just repeal everything.

There's a reason that Obama got elected twice on the cornerstone of Healthcare/Coverage reform.

Most American's wanted it and needed it.

We may not like it how it is now, but people were dying and going banktrupt before. This is about people that need coverage and healthcare. Period. Is everyone covered that needs to be, without ending up homeless and broke?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

They shifted the death and bankruptcy onto the middle class. So people are still dying and going bankrupt, but since it's the middle class, no one cares.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I hope it is repealed.

Maybe some congressmen do have spines.

The MAJORITY of people in this country were better-off before ObamaCare, whether they know it or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Perhaps there is different levels of $$$. And the level of profit isn't worth their time.

Everything is in silos. One silo maybe health management another maybe insurance and another maybe merger and acquisitions.

One falls behind, it gets clipped. Remember the next quarter is coming and there is not room for small amounts of black ink.

edit on 30-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did Trump call them nit-wits? the cheeky bugger, he's no room to talk!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: amazing

They shifted the death and bankruptcy onto the middle class. So people are still dying and going bankrupt, but since it's the middle class, no one cares.

I still think that we need healthcare reform so people don't die or go banktrupt. If you can pay insurance you should be covered period. If you are legitimitely too sick or disabled to work or have been laid off and can't find work you should be covered. Keeping in mind that those people end up in the emergency rooms being treated for free and the government subsidizes those visites anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They'd get off their asses and get sumpin' done iffin' the monies stopped flowing.

Does anyone really think the Purple Party wants to undo their grip on EVERY American's wallet?

Ahhhhhahahahahahaha!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

What will happen is Joe and Jane six pack look at the medical insurance with all the deductable-copays-networks and then look at their mortgage. Then they say we need a house, may not need medical and stops paying.

This is when we will have change, not one moment before.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah, kill people now and let them die later!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Congressional democrats may be vile freedom-hating morons, but congressional republicans are spineless cowards.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have to say the dems, in this case, have my admiration. They swung for the fences with the crapfest ACA, I think they knew it was a black hole of disrepair but at least they did something.

I think the repubs were bitching just hear themselves bitch. Then when someone said OK, you do something, they are now deer in the head lights stupid. They can't even get their fat faces together to pass anything.

So much disappointment and reckless actions on the R side.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
They'd get off their asses and get sumpin' done iffin' the monies stopped flowing.

Does anyone really think the Purple Party wants to undo their grip on EVERY American's wallet?

Ahhhhhahahahahahaha!!

I say make everyone in Government take the same healthcare that they are giving everyone else. Then you might see some real thought going in to this thing.

As it now, regardless of what happens with this healthcare bill, everything stays the same for them. They still have the health coverage they have now. So they don't have any skin in the game here at all.

But if they had whatever healthcare they legislate for everyone else, I bet they'd come up with something that would work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join