It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LetGo is the most awful selling app ever devised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The pure amount of aggravation and bs iv'e had in the several months iv'e owned this app has given me a seething new hatred for people.
Everything from obvious scams asking you to mail out of state for bogus checks to flaky buyers who never show up or even respond back to you after they express interest in your item. Iv'e even had someone in my town demand i mail after giving him my address to pick up. And another lady who had me put some things on hold for 3 days then turns around and tells me nevermind.

That kind of behaviour is all to common place on this trash app.
Combine that all with the people who's paychecks somehow always end up coming a week after they said they were getting paid and still want you to hold it and the a holes who think your their own personal fedex service and you've got a toxic brew of the worst humanity has to offer. How this thing ever even got it's own tv commercials is beyond me.

Want some good advice? stick to craigslist if you actually wanna make money. This app is full of broke dreamers who couldn't make it to you if their lives depended on it and expect you to travel across town to make 10 or 20 bucks.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'd never do it myself but, I give everything I want to sell to a friend of mine. She's uses Facebook (*shudder*) and stuff goes fast. I don't know how it's done on there but, apparently it is.

I've sold stuff on Craigslist way back and there was just way too much spam, fake replies, people that don't know what "price is firm" means when they show up at your door. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Andy85710

Ahh the giga economy bright ideas on how to get others to make you money.

Everything is done over the phone/tablet/computer and it is sooooo convenient. Except you have the normal people trying to bone everyone out of $$$$.

Using craiglist is bad enough.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

At least with my experiences on craigslist when a real person does indeed respond they actually follow through and show up more often than not.

They also dont confuse the whole thing for amazon prime

edit on 30-6-2017 by Andy85710 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

This reminds me of Uber.

I read a blob on how pissed the Uber drivers are about the side hustle commercial. This means many more drivers for a limited # of fairs.

The Gig-econ is meant to do one thing, make a very few people very wealthy. Ask Musk

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ya the internet economy is garbage, unfortunately me the real life one in my town is even more so. Your lucky to even work part time at target here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

flaky buyers who never show up or even respond back to you after they express interest in your item.

I know your pain, OfferUp is the same damn thing with the same results. I have much better luck on Craigslist. People on CL tend to be more serious. I had a 46" LED TV on OfferUp for $200 OBO. I had about two dozen replies on OfferUP , most of which never responded again or lost interest. After three weeks I put it on CL. It was gone in four days for $150.

I even wrote out "or best offer" so ppl understand what OBO is. People would ask me if I would take less, and I said make an Offer. No offers made, just silence. It seems some people have no understanding on how to come up with a number when they ask for a lower price. Want to make me an offer? GO FOR IT! Just don't expect me to keep giving you a lower number when asking that question. Thats the buyer's job, not mine as the seller.

The only thin that seems to go quickly on OfferUP and LetGo are automobiles. I'll stick to CL.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This is why im giving up on trying to sell anything online, if this is how reliable the average person is then no wonder the worlds screwed.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have found CL fairly reliable. But some things are just hard to sell. Unless you go ebay, its pretty much impossible to sell toys for instance. I have listed some things for my kids though on ebay. They just happy to be learning about the process of money making too. They bring things to the yard sales too. They have a great time practicing sales lol!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You cannot trust anybody any more. I had placed cars on Craigslist years ago and got the "I want this car, but I'm out of the country, and I had wanted to buy another car for more money, so I got a money order but that deal fell through so tell ya what, turn the car over to my friend who's down there, take the money order and give us the cash difference."

How many people got screwed with THAT? I do belong to a local buy and sell page on FB with locals, so they can't go far to hide if they rip you off because their towns have like, 400 people in them.

On the other end of the spectrum, I was interested in a really nicely made chicken coop.....just really didn't think it was worth $800. I mentioned I really liked it and would like to know more about it, and was instructed to call a very old mountain man who made them. I wasn't that interested, so I dropped it. Then I got the pressure messages, "My granddad is WAITING FOR YOUR CALL AND HE GOES TO BED SOON", etc. So I had to say no, although I had been on the fence previously......I don't like to be pushed.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I don't know the App you mention, and CL is a mainly US thing as far as I see it from the UK, but we have Gumtree here and I've bought and sold successfully everytime.
I sold a motorbike I'd patched up after a crash once, straightened her, tuned her, and didn't fix the oil pump, she was a premix two stroke little minx running hot!
Posted on gumtree, totally honest, explained crash she had, the just legal performance restoration and first to ride will buy, gone in less than 24 hours.
I love online selling, I root out timewasters with brutal honesty of the item.

*I think I said something about the bike like "She ain't pretty and she doesn't pretend to be, but she will scream that road in the higher end of her powerband all day and night, anything lower you will disappoint her."
*First to ride bought.
edit on 30-6-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I use Nextdoor when I'm looking to sell/buy things.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I had a bad experience too. Just nonsense and pervs.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ive actually had no luck whatsoever with CL lately. Ive been trying to buy a used crotch rocket for 10 days and in my area 9 out of 10 ads are a scam. About 20 words, too low of an asking price, and then the bastards ask you to send them payment FIRST through Amazon and then they will ship it to you. Without ever looking at it.

#ing joke.

I have physically looked at a few through offerup though. I imagine its different in every locality.
edit on 30-6-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy85710
The pure amount of aggravation and bs iv'e had in the several months iv'e owned this app has given me a seething new hatred for people.
Everything from obvious scams asking you to mail out of state for bogus checks to flaky buyers who never show up or even respond back to you after they express interest in your item. Iv'e even had someone in my town demand i mail after giving him my address to pick up. And another lady who had me put some things on hold for 3 days then turns around and tells me nevermind.

That kind of behaviour is all to common place on this trash app.
Combine that all with the people who's paychecks somehow always end up coming a week after they said they were getting paid and still want you to hold it and the a holes who think your their own personal fedex service and you've got a toxic brew of the worst humanity has to offer. How this thing ever even got it's own tv commercials is beyond me.

Want some good advice? stick to craigslist if you actually wanna make money. This app is full of broke dreamers who couldn't make it to you if their lives depended on it and expect you to travel across town to make 10 or 20 bucks.

Lol my wife downloaded the app on Monday... Been doing a lot of action on it too...

My advice is just be firm in what you all for. And they always come to pick it up.

Put it on them, no holds either... You say I have X people interested right now, and I'm going down the line in order...want it or not? Even if you only have that person interested.

Never make a deal you are not willing to walk away from.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So its not the AP , its the people ? Recommend title revision.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

lol no its both, the app has it's own technical issues but the people are what makes it the worst.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Andy85710
a reply to: Gothmog

lol no its both, the app has it's own technical issues but the people are what makes it the worst.

Yeah , just like in Congress , ya just cant legislate stupidity and ignorance...
Peace
And BTW - never purchased ANYTHING online other than from Steam or GOG in the entire 35 years of computing

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I have a friend who sells everything fast, gets cash. I think she uses bidwars.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Lol! You speak the truth my friend.
A year ago, letgo was great! Everything I posted would sell immediately.
A week ago, we got a bunch of stuff together that we wanted to get rid of, about 10 items, all under $50.
I posted them on Letgo, and my girlfriend posted them on the FB buy, sell, trade section.
She sold everything in 3 days. I had gotten a few inquires, and the same ol, 'I get paid on Friday' stories, but didn't sell squat!
Letgo will be slowly cycled out of existence just like 'Timehop'.
Timehop was an app that let you see what you posted on FB the previous year. Replaced by 'Facebook Memories'
Facebook is the Wal-Mart of the internet.

edit on 1/7/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

edit on 1/7/2017 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join